• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT2| Y'all Need to Calm Down (Ultimate)

Ken

T50UAe2.jpg

oNtD1Ye.jpg

Loyalty! Unity! Liberty!

The Warrior of Light and their comrades prepare to liberate Ala Mhigo, a land conquered by the Garlean Empire twenty years ago. Meanwhile, in the Far East, the freedom fighters of the fallen nation of Doma struggle to rekindle the fires of hope in their countrymen. The time has come to embark upon a new adventure to realms near and far─to rise up with the people of Eorzea and the Far East, and cast down the curs of Garlemald!

STORMBLOOD, the latest expansion for FINAL FANTASY XIV!

• New adventures in Ala Mhigo and Doma
• Play as two new jobs-red mage and samurai
• Level cap increase from 60 to 70
• Changes to the battle system
• Expanded item inventory
• New exploration with swimming and diving
• Journey to the Far Eastern city of Kugane
• Explore Gyr Abania, the Ruby Sea, Yanxia, and the Azim Steppe
• New primals and beastmen: Lakshmi & The Ananta / Susano & The Kojin
• A new 8-man raid: Interdimensional Rift-Omega
• A new alliance raid: Return to Ivalice (Matsuno hype!)
• The Forbidden Land of Eureka
• A new residential district: Shirogane
—and more!​

ie5bcCA.jpg

► An occupied city-state located in a mountainous region of eastern Aldenard. The nation was plunged into chaos twenty years ago when its masses rose up in rebellion against the tyranny of the mad king Theodoric. However, unbeknownst to many, it was none other than the Garlean Empire that had been pulling the strings from the shadows the entire time. They quickly set about moving in to take control of Ala Mhigo as anarchy reigned, and have remained in control of the nation for the past twenty years.​

CzvfC9F.jpg

► Upon the eastern banks of Othard lies Doma, the lands from which the ninja and samurai hail. Invaded twenty-five years ago by the Garlean Empire in their relentless effort to expand their borders, this once-peaceful nation now struggles under the imperial yoke. In the wake of a recent large-scale uprising that ended in failure, a majority of the civilians have been stripped of even their most fundamental freedoms.​

Dt78tTF.png

ihbtV0R.gif
zp4Q76g.gif

aZOeyBz.jpg

RY09sU5.jpg

♦ Can I join GAF's free company (FC/guild)?
Yes, all players are welcome to apply. You don't need to be any specific level. GAF FC is located on the server Ultros. Scroll down to the free company section for details on how to join.​

♦ Is there a free-trial?
There is a free trial with unlimited play time for the vanilla game (FFXIV: A Realm Reborn) up to Lv35, with restrictions. It's available on PlayStation (no PS+ required), Windows, and Steam. All servers are cross-platform. If you enjoyed the trial, you can purchase the full game and continue playing from right where you left off.

Also check out the Recruit-a-Friend Campaign if you're a new player! Feel free to ask for an invite from a current player so that both of you can receive bonus rewards.​

♦ Do I need to own A Realm Reborn and Heavensward to play Stormblood?
Yes. Every edition of Stormblood will also include the first expansion Heavensward. So you're set if you have just ARR and SB.​

♦ Do I need to purchase Stormblood for each of the platforms that I currently play FFXIV on?
Yes. For example: You play FFXIV on PC and PS4 and wish to play the expansion on both of those platforms, then you would need to purchase and register Stormblood for both PC and PS4.​

♦ I bought and play FFXIV on Steam. Do I need to purchase Stormblood on Steam to upgrade my account?
Yes, you do as the Steam and Windows versions of FFXIV: ARR have different play entitlements. The registration code that comes with the purchase of the Steam version of FFXIV is a Steam-specific play entitlement. If you purchased the game via Steam and set up your service account using the Steam-included code then you cannot use a non-Steam version of Stormblood to add the expansion to your existing account.​

♦ What are the in-game requirements for accessing Stormblood content?
You must have a Lv60 character that has completed all the Main Scenario Quests from patch 2.0 ARR to patch 3.5 HW. However— you can still acquire the Red Mage and Samurai jobs as long as you have Stormblood and also reached Lv50 on one job.​

♦ I want to skip all these Main Scenario Quests!
There are Scenario Shortcut items available for purchase on Mog Station's optional items shop. These items will flag all MSQ up to patch 2.55's Before the Dawn (ARR ~ $18) or patch 3.56's The Far Edge of Fate (ARR+HW ~ $25) as complete. You'll also automatically gain a chocobo mount and will be set to your starting city-state's grand company. This item will not boost your job levels.​

♦ I want to skip all this leveling!
There are Job Level-boost items available for purchase ($25) on Mog Station's optional items shop. This item will boost a single job of your choice to Lv60 and include a full set of Lv60 gear. You'll also automatically flag the job quests as complete and learn all the job's actions. This item will not flag any MSQ as complete.​

♦ I'm getting launcher errors and I'm unable to patch download or version check the game!
Try changing your DNS to one in Japan (221.186.113.106) or to Google's DNS (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4). If that doesn't work, you can also try using a VPN.​

iJoknfW.jpg

♦♦ Ultros has a restriction on when new characters can be added to the server. Your best bet is to try from midnight to early morning hours. Ultros prime time is in the evening for NA. Players from other regions might prefer servers that are closer to their location due to latency and time zone. ♦♦

Name: blahblahblah
World/Server: Ultros
Data Center: Primal
Discord: Check the in-game FC message for a link or just ask.
Websites: Lodestone (Roster) | Guildwork

►► HOW TO JOIN [name pending] (FC/GUILD):

Submitting a Free Company Application

1. Target or search up any member with the tag «GOLD» in-game, then select View Company Profile from the subcommand menu.
1e50acf08461e355e3e5d4736391ba3f787720f1_1.png

You can find members anywhere or near the FC's estate in Limsa Lominsa's residential area: Mist (Northeast) - Ward 1, Plot 15. You can also submit an application through the sign located outside.

2. Select Submit Application at the bottom of the Company Profile window.
1e50acf08461e355e3e5d4736391ba3f787720f1_2.png

3. Enter a message including your NeoGAF username (if you have an account), to be sent with your application. Then press Confirm to submit.
1e50acf08461e355e3e5d4736391ba3f787720f1_3.png

4. An officer will review your application when available. You will be added to the free company automatically when the application is accepted. You do not need to be online for this process.

a8gKVfn.jpg

▼ Basic Game Utility

— The Lodestone. Official site for news and more.
— Mog Station. Account management and optional items shop.
— Server/World status site.
— Patch Archives.

▼ Resources

— XIVDB. A database.
— Garland Data. Another database.
— Gamer Escape's FFXIV Wiki.
— FFXIV Community Wiki.
— /r/FFXIV. Subreddit.
— Ariyala's FFXIV Toolkit. Gear calculator.
— Crafting as a Service. Crafting information.
— Cat Became Hungry. Fishing information.
— FFXIV Clock. Gathering timers.
— Minion Guide. Minions and mounts.
— FFXIV Housing. Furnishings.
— Explore XIV Sights. Sightseeing log.
— Heavenswhere. Heavensward maps, hunts, etc.​

▼ Guides

▼ Videos

————

♦ Please be mindful of spoilers when discussing main story quests. ♦

OT by suzu. Aymeric is best husbando. Y'shtola is best waifu. Tataru is best potato.

~In memoriam of Fracture, bowmage, and White Mage.~

CYV0whs.gif

Zomba13

New OT, new end of an era.
tumblr_me6ckgclY21qbc0pho2_500.gif

snqQ1ck.gif

tumblr_me6ckgclY21qbc0pho3_500.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

0rSDPjl.gif

Temp Discord: QmcGr

Red posted about it in the last OT so there it is any FFXIV GAF that need to be teleported 5 years into the future.

Also, fuck it, rock out to some Dragonsong

Hey :)
I have a question regarding the PS4 version of Stormblood. I played during Heavensward but I deleted the data off my PS4 a year ago. Now I bought the physical version of Stormblood (since it was cheaper than digital).
I don't have my copy yet but I'm downloading data from the Heavensward launcher. When I'll get my copy of Stormblood, will I have to redownload everything again? Since it looks like a mess I'm kinda afraid I will have to do that.

I should have thought of this earlier but well... I wanted to play as soon as I get the game :(

kaze343

Hey :)
I have a question regarding the PS4 version of Stormblood. I played during Heavensward but I deleted the data off my PS4 a year ago. Now I bought the physical version of Stormblood (since it was cheaper than digital).
I don't have my copy yet but I'm downloading data from the Heavensward launcher. When I'll get my copy of Stormblood, will I have to redownload everything again? Since it looks like a mess I'm kinda afraid I will have to do that.

I should have thought of this earlier but well... I wanted to play as soon as I get the game :(

depending on where you bought it, therre should be a code that you can enter to let you get started with the game. unless i remember wrong.

Creepy

Started playing this last month, It's pretty good.
The one character can do everything bit is kinda messing with me as I am a serial re-roller.

So I'm going to end up spending a lot on fantasia, I already used one and I've only been playing about 40 days....

depending on where you bought it, therre should be a code that you can enter to let you get started with the game. unless i remember wrong.

Yea but will I have to download anything if I already started the DL with the Heavensward launcher? It's downloading 20go btw. And the file it's downloading is H2017.06.01.00000.0001b, so I guess it won't download stormblood files :(
I'll let it but I don't really like to leave my PS4 on so much

Pollux

Posting in the new thread

Getting back into FF XIV - if possible can I get a discord invite?

Logged back on for the first time in a while and was not in the FC anymore and all my moves had been reset. Weird.

dramatis

Celcius

°Temp. member
I've only played through ARR and about half the way to get to HW. Sometimes I think about re-subbing since everyone says HW is so amazing...

rezn0r

^ HW is awesome, and so is Stormblood. It'll be a long road that will feel like an improvement the whole way, I say go for it if you had fun in ARR!

Sort of lost track of what's up with this thread now and Discord invites, but if they are going out I'd gladly take one. FF14 & Destiny are the two communities on here I don't want to lose track of.

accx

Some crazy couple of days. Also interested in a discord invite, won't be spending much time here anymore.
Will hit you up on that Mi6 invite though, Thorgal!

last post on NeoGaf.

Wish I could have seen that link earlier but I managed to get into another discord. Crazy how it took less than one day to end this site. People sticking around and saying things will be back to normal are delusional, the damage is done. Think the admin gives a fuck about you? Neogaf will just be another basic site for news like r/games.

well, I'm looking forward to seeing the Final Fantasy XIV community later...see ya.

tumblr_n7nnu5G1Kl1qk6vrmo5_500.gif

Finally almost level 50.

As soon as I get there I'm going to buy the item that let's me skip the Main Quests right up to Heavansward first MQ.

People say it's MUCH better than ARR MQ which are boring :|

NeoCross

Yo guys, played FFXIV and posted a bit on the OT and I still frequently read it and wouldn't want to lose track of an awesome community. If I could get a discord invite to FFXIV gaf that would be great :)

I still lurk but am not involved in the community anymore so know I'm not high priority to get into wherever new you guys end up. Was a pleasure to play with you all and I've had to fight off coming back a ton. See you in another life.

Crono27

Never posted in here before. Sadly I was going to start before this whole drama started. Playing on Excalibur. Not sure if anyone else does ):

ZangBa

That title really killed me. I'm like 1/3 into Heavensward and was hoping the game would get better after the vanilla studf, but it's jut been more of the same. The most fun I had in the game so far was platforming my way up to a cat on roof. I hope the Ivalice stuff will be worth it.

xintin

I think I posted in the wrong OT earlier, but if there are anymore discord invites out there I would certainly appreciate it. Ffamran Mied in game btw.

Menchi

That title really killed me. I'm like 1/3 into Heavensward and was hoping the game would get better after the vanilla studf, but it's jut been more of the same. The most fun I had in the game so far was platforming my way up to a cat on roof. I hope the Ivalice stuff will be worth it.

Heavensward is very story driven. If you’re not interested in story, you’ll not enjoy it as much. The content outside of story is dungeons and raids, which aren’t really something you’ll delve into until Stormblood & level 70. Of course, there is plenty of side content that doesn’t require being 70 such as glamour gear, chocobo raising, orchestrion, minion, mount farming. If you enjoy grinding, can work on Beastmen rep grinds or relic weapons and there’s always Tetra Master and collecting cards too.

The other side of it all is crafting/gathering which is basically a game in itself in terms of investment, time & (to an extent) Gil wise. Definitely a love or hate thing though.

That said, I think the key to this game is playing with friends or part of a community. If you don’t have that, you’ll burn out quick.

Raye

Neo Member
I've rarely ever posted but I've followed this community closely and would love to continue to do so.

I'm on Hyperion, so still on the Primal data center. Oh f possible, I'd love a Discord invite. Thank you!

Chille

Been a huge pain in the butt for gaf fc on ultros but I'm staying on gaf forum for now, guess il have to lurk less

MogCakes

Been a couple days and only 30 ish posts in the new OT. I haven't been part of the FC itself for a while, but I hope everyone stays together. I know most people are in the Discord now, but it isn't quite the same.

ZiZ

Hi all, I was part of the original GAF linkshell in vanilla FFXIV then the GAF FC on the Legacy server Sargatanas. I was wondering if I could get an invite to the discord channel?

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Watching some of the streams of Ultimate Coil where teams have managed to make it to Bahamut and they instantly melt. Seems to be a lot of damage going out on that transition. =O

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Been a couple days and only 30 ish posts in the new OT. I haven't been part of the FC itself for a while, but I hope everyone stays together. I know most people are in the Discord now, but it isn't quite the same.

We all moved to the new forum.

Top Bottom