• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWF/WCW Attitude Era (1995-2001): Time to nostalgia over out favorite moments!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

dorkimoe

I went back and watched a bunch of old WCW clips. So good

Wow forgot about that jackhammer.

My favorite all time old stuff was when Stone Cold ran into the ring every week and stunned someone leading up until the royal rumble

gdt

I grew up watching this stuff during this very era. Was godly to me as a kid in elemtary/middle school. All the other boys too. So much fun back then.

Now I can't stand it, but whatever, memories are good too.

rpx7r.jpg

Everything with these guys

And now they're practically all dead

*bookmarks thread*

The best part of WCW was the cruiserweights. Guys like Jericho, Malenko, Ultimo Dragon, even in later years the Lance Storms of the world were great.

Also, Alex Wright. *dances*

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Austin vs McMahon feud is the pinnacle of wrestling history.

Truer words have never been spoken.

One that I'll never forget is the Montreal screw-job. Even as a kid I knew something was wrong, I kept yelling to my grandpa that they cheated Bret because he was still trying to get out of the sharpshooter.

Or that time Shawn Michaels fainted in the ring. To this day my buddy still swears that it was real. Well done job by Shawn.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Ok, you just enjoy your YouTube videos of Age in a Cage, and I'l watch Badd Blood.

I'll gladly enjoy the best of WWF and WcW now that wrestling isn't what it used to be, while you live in the past and try to relive your days of trolling WcW fans or whatever.

BFIB

The Hart Foundation in '97 was incredible. Shame to think about Pillman dying so young, he would have been huge in the WWF I think.

My favorite match from 95-2000?

Hell in a Cell Bad Blood '97.

Oh, and we need ECW in the thread title. The true pinnacle of the Attitude Era.

BFIB

Mike Awesome vs. Tanaka was a great ECW feud.

Early days of Raven vs. Tommy Dreamer was flat out incredible.

The 3 way dances of Tajiri/Super Crazy/Little Guido were fun also. And ECW had three way dances the way they should be: not first pinfall wins, but first pinfall eliminates that wrestler, and the two left continue on until there is one clear winner.

Effect

If there were a collection or a series of collections of all the episodes from era I'd certainly buy them or try to buy as many as I could over time. Didn't really care about wrestling all that much unit I got to junior high school and it was mainly to talk with friends in the morning. Was hooked around 97/98. Would watch every Monday and after a while I started switching back and forth between WWF (started with this do to Rock and Stone Cold) and WCW. Good times.

Even enjoyed playing some of the wrestling games on the N64 back then as well. Not to many but enough.

Marjorine

God I used to love wrestling back then. I remember I ordered up the PPV (King of the Ring I think?) where Austin really broke out the whole Austin 3:16 and started his big rise. It was awesome. Then that Wrestlemania where he wouldn't tap out to the Sharpshooter? Also epic.

I try to watch again now, but everything seems so lame.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Because WCW was terrible. Unless you enjoyed seeing every single episode end the same.

1999-2001 was a disaster in WCW in general, and the main event was always a complete train wreck, but WCW's midcard was incredible. A good hour and a half or so of your typical 3 hour Nitro was usually pretty damn great. It's just that the main event and the management of the company itself that was abysmal.

Favorite moments:

- Seeing Bash At The Beach 95 and doing a dropkick in my house only to knock the wind out of myself.
- The nWo Wolfpac (seriously DAT THEME MUSIC)
- Sting (super fun character!!)
- Ordering every PPV with a divas match after Miss Kitty went topless
- Goldberg's streak ending
- Hell In A Cell between Taker and Mankind. Holy shit.
- Ready To Rumble (say what you will about Arquette winning the title... that movie is AWESOME)
- Jericho in WWF, Raven in WCW

Worst moments:
- Jeff Jarrett doing anything besides grabbing wrestlers coffee backstage
- Vince Russo in WCW with the New Blood shit
- The night WCW went off the air

There's tons more but those are the broad strokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom