• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

Magic Johnson asked Lakers to take tampering fine out of his salary

https://www.thescore.com/news/1366297

Magic Johnson didn't want the Los Angeles Lakers to bear the burden for his own wrong doing.

The Lakers president asked owner Jeanie Buss to take the team's recent $500,000 tampering charge out of his own paycheck after Los Angeles was fined by the NBA last week.

"We can't say a lot but we will correct the situation," Johnson told Tania Ganguli of The Los Angeles Times. "It's under my watch. I apologize to Jeanie, and that was the main thing. I told her she could take it out of my salary because I don't want the Lakers to be paying that fine. … I don't want her spending $500,000, because she didn't do anything. That's on me."

The NBA fined the Lakers after concluding that general manager Rob Pelinka had communicated with Paul George's agent, Aaron Mintz, while the 6-foot-9 forward was under contract with the Indiana Pacers. The league had previously warned Los Angeles about tampering after Johnson made comments about George on "Jimmy Kimmel Live!"

"This is just on a late-night show being funny," Johnson said. "But now I know I can't do that. We're OK. I haven't thought twice about it. We made a mistake. … It's under my watch. I'm gonna make sure it doesn't happen anymore."

FinKL

52a8cc6ddc7198874f4ce48beb34a9dc.jpg

FZZ this you?

(This guy is clearly a big baller)
Wasn't randle putting on weight this off season? Curious to see where he is now in regards to conditioning.

Ha! Elden Campbell haven't heard that name in a while..I remember homeboy would always swing those elbows on almost every rebound. I thought for sure he would knock somebody out one day. Maybe he did and I don't know about it.. congrats to him for winning a ring with the Pistons on the way out.

Ha! Elden Campbell haven't heard that name in a while..I remember homeboy would always swing those elbows on almost every rebound. I thought for sure he would knock somebody out one day. Maybe he did and I don't know about it.. congrats to him for winning a ring with the Pistons on the way out.
Elden Campbell is in Ninja Scooter's Lakers Top 5 All Time

Randle got buff as fuck then turned to a fatty last year too

I have no faith in him, but if we can package him and Clarkson along side Deng

Whew

Randle is still a solid player and he's playing for a contract (with someone else) so he might be a valuable piece for this upcoming season (in the same way Brook and KCP are, as one year rentals). Randle doesn't have anywhere near enough value to entice someone to take Deng, neither does Clarkson.

Duxxy3

Cavs press conference is tomorrow for IT, Crowder, Zizic and BK Pick

IT says goodbye to Boston
https://www.theplayerstribune.com/isaiah-thomas-trade-celtics-cavaliers/

I heard it on the radio earlier.

It's going to be difficult to like this new Celtics team. It feels like Ainge traded away the heart of Celtics.

I loved the 2004 red sox. They had a lot of character. Same with some of the Pats teams. Especially the Welker years. Loaded with overachievers.

This Celtics team just reminds me of some of the Yankees teams that I disliked. Especially the Alex Gonzalez years. It feels like the Celtics are borrowing the futures of the Jazz and Cavaliers. The same way the Yankees borrowed Seattle's future. It just feels icky.

Bread

Banned
It's going to be difficult to like this new Celtics team. It feels like Ainge traded away the heart of Celtics.

I loved the 2004 red sox. They had a lot of character. Same with some of the Pats teams. Especially the Welker years. Loaded with overachievers.

This Celtics team just reminds me of some of the Yankees teams that I disliked. Especially the Alex Gonzalez years. It feels like the Celtics are borrowing the futures of the Jazz and Cavaliers. The same way the Yankees borrowed Seattle's future. It just feels icky.
JourctN.gif

I heard it on the radio earlier.

The 08 team was completely homegrown, though.

Draft night when Boston got KG and Allen was lit. Same draft, if I'm not mistaken, though a couple of years apart.

Bread

Banned
The 08 team was completely homegrown, though.

Draft night when Boston got KG and Allen was lit. Same draft, if I'm not mistaken, though a couple of years apart.
Those 2004 red sox were home grown too! Pedro, Manny, Ortiz, Varitek, Schilling, Foulke, all huge components and they were not stolen away from another team.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
DeSagana Diop
Drew Gooden
Z
Luke Jackson
Jeff McInnis
Ira Newble
Sasha Pavlovic
Eric Snow
Robert Traylor
Andy V
Dajuan Wagner
Jiri Welsch
Scott Williams

Just thought I'd remind you of what the 2004 roster looked like, the best team he had in his first run.

You have that much faith in Rose?

No.

megalowho

Not certain about that either. Without IT, this team is possibly worse than some of LeBron's OG teams.
No need to be down on the upcoming season, if that's the intention. They're an exciting mix of all-star talent at multiple positions, young versatile players with high ceilings and they're not capped out for future moves either with more picks coming.

I love IT and I'll cherish his heroics, but let's not forget that last year's team was very Jekyll and Hyde with stretches of real awfulness at times, including the playoffs. Very rarely could they put together 4 quarters of good basketball, despite the record. Danny knew it too, throw in the uncertainty around Isaiah's long term health and it's really tough to predict how good the team would have been with a hobbled PG and a secret bad side.

Sanjuro

DeSagana Diop
Drew Gooden
Z
Luke Jackson
Jeff McInnis
Ira Newble
Sasha Pavlovic
Eric Snow
Robert Traylor
Andy V
Dajuan Wagner
Jiri Welsch
Scott Williams

Just thought I'd remind you of what the 2004 roster looked like, the best team he had in his first run.

No.

Can you calculate his old teams for 2017 standards?

Top Bottom