• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed: Origins - Hype Check

Theorry

Some more gifs. With parkour. Love now that you can climb everything. Not only buildings.

MediumShoddyHoneybee.gif

TatteredPersonalArmyworm.gif

AccomplishedSomberCalf.gif

SorrowfulNearHatchetfish.gif

ImaginaryChiefGarpike.gif

I'm cautiously optimistic. As a fan of the franchise that just straight up skipped the last two entries, I'm actually excited about this one. All the changes (loot, combat, RPG-slant) sound great and ancient Egypt is one of the settings I've been hoping for forever. Still going to wait for reviews though.

theDeeDubs

I have been a huge and steady AC fan since the first one. I know I'm strange, but 3 was actually my favorite. Even though they're making a lot of changes, I'm still really excited for this one. Things that aren't RPG feel shallow to me now sadly.

Feeroper

I'm definitely looking forward to this but still haven't decided on platform between PS4 Pro or Xbox One X - what platform have they been previewing the game on thus far?

Ahasverus

The only thing I don't like is that facial animation is still, again, leagues behind Unity.

Lighting I can understand, but cutscenes look a gen behind Unity. That scene in the bonfire is still ingrained in my mind, it looks ridiculously good.

I'm fairly interested in Origins.
Played every AC game except Syndicate but this one, even though a re-invention, is just not fully grabbing my attention. I think it's the setting perhaps.

Anyway I'll wait for Gaf and review impressions and pick it up sometime in 2018 I think.
Also I really hope Ubi don't further bastardise the modern day stuff. It deserves better treatment and respect.

I'm definitely looking forward to this but still haven't decided on platform between PS4 Pro or Xbox One X - what platform have they been previewing the game on thus far?

I think nearly every preview has been shown on XB1X.
MS are pushing this one hard.

Pein

Banned
I haven’t played an assassins creed since 3 and this one looks crazy good, I think I’m gonna pick it up with an xbone x.

Any word on how the PS4 pro version is gonna be like?

theDeeDubs

This will be my XBX game. Finally caved on a 4k TV today in anticipation for it. I would've waited for the inevitable quick price drop otherwise.

Kyoufu

As soon as they give some semblance that the modern day story is back and in a meaningful way I’ll be hyped.

Modern day stuff is always the worst part about AC. I'd love to see an AC game without any of that nonsense and no world synchronisation. Just give me full on immersion.

I'm excited about it, looks like they're doing a lot of good stuff with it. But I know better than to touch the fire twice, so I'll wait some time after the game is out to get the general consensus about it.

Most interested I've been in the series since ACII. For now I'm interested in reading reviews and user opinions and fairly certain that I'll pick it up eventually.

Besides, all open wold experiences have taught me that it's better to wait for some patches.

Modern day stuff is always the worst part about AC. I'd love to see an AC game without any of that nonsense and no world synchronisation. Just give me full on immersion.

Get off your high horse and give up on that dream. It's not going to happen. How many times do you want to go down this path? It's not going to go away. Ever. Sooner the people realize this the better because it's just getting tedious now.

nOoblet16

How quickly do AC games drop in price btw?

I want to play this but between South park, Wolfenstein and a bunch of old games in my backlog that I've become interested in, I think I can wait about 2 weeks or so after the launch of AC: Origins.

PowderedToast

I want to play this but between South park, Wolfenstein and a bunch of old games in my backlog that I've become interested in, I think I can wait about 2 weeks or so after the launch of AC: Origins.

they're known for dropping very quickly

Kaizer

Banned

You’ll be able to get it for $20 to $30 cheaper by Black Friday most likely, has happened with other AC games0

Kuno

Really, really looking forward to this game. Trying to justify the Gold edition but I think I'd better wait for the DLC to come out before I decide to invest that much.

Ahasverus

All the modern day needs to feel good is to be well written and well designed, no corridors, no emails, no bullshit puzzles, just put Watch Dogs mechanics into it along with an interesting setup and let it go. It's gonna be great.

Zojirushi

Nah, I kinda liked Syndicate but I'm still too burned out on the formula. So unless this does something dramatically different mechanics and game structure wise I'm just gonna wait for some big price drops and then game tourism it a bit some time next year just to check out the world which looks interesting.

I would be very excited if HDR was confirmed for PC. Tried google, but could not find anything, anybody know if the PC version will get HDR support?

Pretty hyped.

It's by the Black Flag team, which is automatic plus. That's my favourite AC since Brotherhood.

The setting is cool AF

The combat could be hit or miss but at least its a massive change up to the AC formula.

The world looks very dense

Graphically it's stunning

All the modern day needs to feel good is to be well written and well designed, no corridors, no emails, no bullshit puzzles, just put Watch Dogs mechanics into it along with an interesting setup and let it go. It's gonna be great.
There have been two hints/leaks about modern day over the past few months, and if they’re any indication, Origins’ modern day stuff might be really cool

Muffdraul

Frankly I'd be happy if they could just match the quality of what they did with the modern day in AC2 and Brotherhood. But oh my yes to what you said.

usp84

Waiting for reviews and general impressions by members but so far everything is great so it's between this and Mario for the game i'll buy at the end of the month.

I'm pretty hyped for this one. Already in for the Gold Edition. I've been waiting ages for an AC set in Egypt. Only thing they need now is more female protagonists in the franchise.

Only game I get in Q4 (I have no Switch yet).

My first AC since Assassin's Creed Rogue. I ignored Unity and Syndicate.

Last one I bothered with was Black Flag. I was tempted by Syndicate but ended up passing.

III-V

Its completely immersion breaking, jarring, unfunny, its terrible each time.

Frostman

Just noticed that Xbox one X includes Dolby Atmos support.

Hopefully they include this in the PC version as well.

Fbh

Will buy it on sale or after a considerable price drop.

Honestly, I haven't been following the coverage for this game, I've only seen a couple of video
But I haven't been a fan of anything Ubisoft has released in recent years and I'm not willing to pay $60 to see if they have made significant improvements to their boring and uninspired formula.
People told me Syndicate was underrated and one of the better games Ubisoft has made this gen but I had to force myself to finish it.

shimon

Quickly. You should be able to grab it at a decent price on BF.

Yam's

I thought the way Unity did it was cool. Gave them an excuse to put the Tour Effeil in there and I enjoyed those missions.

But I also enjoyed the old modern day sequences.

Frostman

I only see HDR and Atmos listed for XBOX version. Hopefully this is for Ps4/Pro as well

I don't think the PS4 supports atmos, but it should include HDR.

PC obviously does, but HDR and PC don't seem to be getting along, so I at least hope they include atmos support.

III-V

I don't think the PS4 supports atmos, but it should include HDR.

PC obviously does, but HDR and PC don't seem to be getting along, so I at least hope they include atmos support.

I have a receiver for decoding atmos, I know the PS4 Pro does not have it. Can't you just bitstream it from the pro, and let the receiver decode it or am I mistaken?

EDIT: Answer is yes, just bitstream and you will get atmos as long as Ubi put it on the disc.

Source:

http://developer.dolby.com/News/Enabling_Dolby_Bitstream_Pass-Through_on_Playstation.aspx

Expecting pro to have dynamic 4K res with HDR and Atmos at this point. This is going to be great.

Sizzel

I am generally not a fan of asscreed or Ubi, but this setting has me sold on picking this up once it hits 20 bucks on PC. If it turns up a 90 plus maybe sooner.

Harlequin

I'm looking forward to it but I'm not actually hyped. I know that I probably won't enjoy most of the gameplay all that much (I won't hate it, either, it'll just be kinda meh to me), I have no idea whether the story is going to be good or not (though AC hasn't had good storytelling for quite some time now as far as I can tell (I skipped an entry or two)) and I'm mostly in it for the setting.

Ashler

I am really looking forward to playing this game but fml there are so many games this year that have come out, I've bought... and STILL didn't have enough time to start.

This year has been crazy.

Frostman

I have a receiver for decoding atmos, I know the PS4 Pro does not have it. Can't you just bitstream it from the pro, and let the receiver decode it or am I mistaken?

EDIT: Answer is yes, just bitstream and you will get atmos as long as Ubi put it on the disc.

Source:

http://developer.dolby.com/News/Enabling_Dolby_Bitstream_Pass-Through_on_Playstation.aspx

Expecting pro to have dynamic 4K res with HDR and Atmos at this point. This is going to be great.

Ideal! It's a shame we aren't going to find out if it's supported before release. I understand marketing, but why can't they confirm support for other systems.

Pain in the ass.

Top Bottom