• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Target Triple Trade-in Value from 5/18-5/24

Einbroch

Banned
Just got back from Target. Traded in Pokemon Y and Animal Crossing: New Leaf. Got $68.

I told the guy that I was excited for these deals and he said that Target is well aware that some games are valued too high. He said he personally reported all the flippable games to corporate.

Well damn. I just traded in my Killzone last week to Gamestop while they were doing their "Extra 50%" promo. Got 25 bucks. Could have gotten 44 at Target. Oh well.

lmbotiva

Just traded in the following:

Infamous second son
Rayman legends ps4
The legend of Zelda ALBW
Super Mario 3d land

And got $157.14, holy shit!

and sold the gift cards to my wife since she loves to buy all her stuff at target lol

Chucker

Ugh, probably not gonna make it before 6 Eastern as my Wife won't be home til 5 and the closest one is 20 miles out. Looks like a tomorrow thing. Hope the values don't drop too hard.

drotahorror

Will go to Target and trade in some old games today.

According to the online catalog:
Pokemon Pearl: 19.98
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes: 30.00
Suikoden III: 15.00

Can't believe I'll get 30 for a Gamecube game.

MGS is pretty rare and has held it's value well. You can get 30-40$ on ebay for it. Still take 30 from target and not have to deal with ebay is good.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Well, I do want to trade in a few recent releases so I can stock up on trade in credit for the forthcoming Xbox One digital sales, so I'll do this tomorrow.

jcm

Damn. I traded 3 PS4 games to Best Buy last week. Stupid things haven't even arrived there yet. Oh well.

Well damn. I just traded in my Killzone last week to Gamestop while they were doing their "Extra 50%" promo. Got 25 bucks. Could have gotten 44 at Target. Oh well.

I'm only getting $16 for mine. :(

Kibbles

I got an unopened Forza 5 I got from MtnDew with my Xbone, might trade that in. I'll trade in CoD Ghosts for PS4 since I only play the 360 version when my friends want to play anyway. That should be like $83 or so for both ayy thanks.

gabe90

ca401a07aa4633637f12d68d35639814.png

WTF?! Is this for real? Glad I traded it to GS for $40. Still, I was tempted by this for TLoU since it's $30 at BB and over $33 with the promotion. Shame it's a GC and not cash

Edit: And Pikmin 3 is $60 new on their website, seriously, what the hell?!
Crazy. And I just got $30 for Pikmin 1 new play on the Wii

_woLf

I really, really wish they didn't have the 3 game limit. Has anyone had success getting them to do more than just 3?

No Love

Banned
WOW I can trade in Soul Sacrifice for $15.60, Killzone Shadow Fall for $43... God DAMN. Time to dump off a ton of my games.

Edit: OMG almost $9 for Mortal Kombat Vita LMAO.

EDIT: $27 for Tearaway. BOOM!!

Velcro Fly

It works like a Target gift card doesn't it? You can buy anything in the store? If I trade anything I plan to use it on PSN cards for Dynasty Warriors 8 :(

I really, really wish they didn't have the 3 game limit. Has anyone had success getting them to do more than just 3?

I had to go to 5 different stores (at their recommendation I will add) and traded in 15 games...easy transaction at each one...they all said to just come back another day if you wanna trade more, or go to another store...

lmbotiva

I'm on NJ, I went to the target on Clifton and the girl there was super nice, I trade in 4 games, she did 2 different transactions no questions asked, in case anyone is close to that target I'm sure you'll be good to go there, of course don't bring 30 games

_woLf

I'm on NJ, I went to the target on Clifton and the girl there was super nice, I trade in 4 games, she did 2 different transactions no questions asked, in case anyone is close to that target I'm sure you'll be good to go there, of course don't bring 30 games

What about 16 :3

Someone on CAG pointed out that the ad says per transaction, not per guest. Couldn't you just point that out and ask them to do multiple transactions that way just fine?

No Love

Banned
Ok they'll give me almost $9 for Folklore (PS3). Anyone think I should trade it in? Not sure if it's hard to find or what.

mcfrank

Thanks for the heads up on this, here is what I traded:

Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon - $37.97
New Super Mario 2 - $28.20
Mario Kart 7 - $30.00
New Super Mario U - $28.77 (will get for free when Mario Kart 8 comes out)
Tearaway - $27.00

$150 bucks is certainly more than I paid for those games, so this was a fantastic deal for me.

slabrock

Banned
What about 16 :3

Someone on CAG pointed out that the ad says per transaction, not per guest. Couldn't you just point that out and ask them to do multiple transactions that way just fine?

Probably not. Most places will give some leeway if you don't take advantage of the situation.

Jeels

I only had two games I don't want to keep for collector's purposes, so made enough for a $50 Nintendo eShop card. Guy before me came in and made 214 off six games.

totowhoa

Banned
Probably not. Most places will give some leeway if you don't take advantage of the situation.

I'm at target right now waiting. He's doing multiple transactions for me. Probably helped that there was no line. Edit: for 16 though, I do that over a couple days :p

I just traded in 5 games for $93. Put down $1 on Shadow of Mordor. My friend traded 9 games for $195. Be warned that some places are limiting it to one transaction, which is a max of 3 games. My Target was limiting it to that up until about half an hour before I got there, when they upped it to three transactions.

Such an awesome deal. Thanks for the heads up OP. Just came away with $177 on a gift card for the following.

GTA5
Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
TLOU
NSMB2
Ratchet Trilogy
Tomb Raider PS3

Dude was really cool and just rung them up on two transactions. Might be going back again soon with a few more.

maxcriden

Just traded in the following:

Infamous second son
Rayman legends ps4
The legend of Zelda ALBW
Super Mario 3d land

And got $157.14, holy shit!

and sold the gift cards to my wife since she loves to buy all her stuff at target lol

Wait, you...sold them? To your wife?

Dartastic

$10 for that is an insult considering it trades normally for almost $27 on Amazon. You could probably get a lot more than $30 for it honestly.
Hrm. Well, good to know. I guess I won't sell it to Target... I also have Tales of Symphonia on Gamecube, if anyone wants that. haha.

Reule

I'm in Orlando and I'm going to check how this will work for me. If I have to buy something there and then, can I just get a game I don't want and return it for cash or something?

Milennia

On my way! to the store now will report back.

the site didn't list my store as having a mobile department, but when i called they said they do lol.

selling south park-last of us-pokemon x.

should be around 110 or so.
not interested in selling titan fall.. kinda interested in selling infamous but whats stopping me is the fact that i haven't finished it yet.

ill probably finish it tonight or tomorrow and sell it off to them if the deal works out for me today.

atomsk

Party Pooper
The more I read this list the more it feels like some dude was just consulting a "rarity guide" and adding games based on that.

What other reason would they have The Guy Game for original Xbox?

edit: Electroplankton was sure as hell never carried in Target.

border

I'm in Orlando and I'm going to check how this will work for me. If I have to buy something there and then, can I just get a game I don't want and return it for cash or something?

Some dude on CAG says the Oviedo store let him walk out with a gift card, if that's any help to you.

I highly doubt that you'll be able to get cash if you try to return games you buy with credit. Best bet would be to just buy games, keep them sealed, and exchange them later for stuff from Target.

Yes, it's a gift card so it can be used on anything, pretty much. Even other store's gift cards.

I'm sorry to be picky but do you know this for sure? On the online disclaimer for Target gift cards it says "This gift card can be redeemed for merchandise or services (other than american Express and Visa gift cards and prepaid cards)"

Top Bottom