• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 3 |OT| An Epidemic of "Leakyolinitus" has Broken Out

Watkins and McLeod are both expected to miss Sundays game. Good thing the Eagles pass rush should be able to pressure Eli quick. I would hate to see what OBJ could do against our secondary.

Man, Rasul Douglas played a better game than Watkins has in his career practically. No huge loss there. McLeod is a big problem though. I hoped he'd be back for this game.

JauntyElectricGrison-size_restricted.gif

I've watched this a bunch of times now and I still can't figure out how they let him come through completely clean like that. He's right there...

Hindl

Watkins and McLeod are both expected to miss Sundays game. Good thing the Eagles pass rush should be able to pressure Eli quick. I would hate to see what OBJ could do against our secondary.

Man, Rasul Douglas played a better game than Watkins has in his career practically. No huge loss there. McLeod is a big problem though. I hoped he'd be back for this game.
Luckily our next two games are against anemic offenses so McLeods absence shouldn't hurt too much. Of course it would be very eagles for a team that's shown nothing all year to suddenly explode against us (Bengals)

JABEE

More fodder to call Lurie a racist.

I'm sure he said something wrong in this that a journalist can misconstrue to paint him a racist.

No. I think the biggest takeaway from this whole thing is recognizing there is a problem along with understanding institutions like the NFL and the government play a huge role in fixing this issue.

The problem I see people being offended by a protest drawing attention to real issues.

The NFL needs to have an active interest in this cause not only for its morality, but also it's impact on the social image of the league. The NFL can't survive as the league of old white men who call into sports radio stations. You are already seeing the league's ratings decline.

The most powerful part of that video the part about a person being unable to make $500 bail leads to them being stuck in a cage for potentially a year. You hear about this stuff, but until you realize how much of the system is built around incarcerating until they get around to hearing a case, it just drives you mad.

It's why no one would stand for this system if the elite of society had their sons and daughters stuck in jail without conviction on non-violent crimes.

People with police records can't get jobs, because that's the way it is, but do we want to live in a society that arrests black men disproportionately on drug charges? Society then turns around and tells those same people they aren't fit to clean toilets. We then shake our heads when people commit another crime and pretend our system played no role in this failure. That person was just a "bad hombre" as our President likes to say.

It's bullshit. People get elected for "tough on crime" messages. The NFL needs to take a role in highlighting this issue in the same way they score points putting the military, police, and fire departments on the field. Publicly funded stadiums should represent the entire community, not just the organizations who pay teams money for the honor to be on the field.

No. I think the biggest takeaway from this whole thing is recognizing there is a problem along with understanding institutions like the NFL and the government play a huge role in fixing this issue.

The problem I see people being offended by a protest drawing attention to real issues.

The NFL needs to have an active interest in this cause not only for its morality, but also it's impact on the social image of the league. The NFL can't survive as the league of old white men who call into sports radio stations. You are already seeing the league's ratings decline.

The most powerful part of that video the part about a person being unable to make $500 bail leads to them being stuck in a cage for potentially a year. You hear about this stuff, but until you realize how much of the system is built around incarcerating until they get around to hearing a case, it just drives you mad.

It's why no one would stand for this system if the elite of society had their sons and daughters stuck in jail without conviction on non-violent crimes.

People with police records can't get jobs, because that's the way it is, but do we want to live in a society that arrests black men disproportionately on drug charges. Society then turns around and tells those same people they aren't fit to clean toilets. We then shake our heads when people commit another crime and pretend our system played no role in this failure. That person was just a "bad hombre" as our President likes to say.

It's bullshit. People get elected for tough on crime messages. The NFL needs to take a role in highlighting this issue in the same way they score points putting the military, police, and fire department on the field. Publicly funded stadiums should represent the entire community, not just the organizations who pay teams money for the honor to be on the field.

It's definitely good stuff, and good work that guys like Jenkins, Smith, Boldin or Kaep are doing. It's also really encouraging to see a white player like Chris Long taking the burden on himself instead of just ignoring it like his whiteness allows him to.

I also think it's encouraging that Goodell was there. He needs to get the league in line an realize this is a real problem and that demonizing players isn't a solution. The NFL could use these protests as a way to facilitate change and bring awareness and turn it into a positive perception rather than a negative one, even if that's an uphill battle.

Hindl

Effzee, some reasons why Jaylen Watkins sucks. Here he is just falling off Hill when he should've had an easy tackle :
Looks familiar. Here's the same thing where he slides off Jimmy Graham last year and let that easy tackle become a TD:

And Hill's pretty much only other noteworthy play of the day Watkins in coverage yet again:
Watkins sucks

effzee

Effzee, some reasons why Jaylen Watkins sucks. Here he is just falling off Hill when he should've had an easy tackle :

Looks familiar. Here's the same thing where he slides off Jimmy Graham last year and let that easy tackle become a TD:

And Hill's pretty much only other noteworthy play of the day Watkins in coverage yet again:

Watkins sucks

Listen, man, I get your point but I stand by mine. There is a reason they kept him, they can play at CB/nickel, safety, and special teams. If we are going to cherry pick plays then in game 1 guys like Mills and Darby were beaten deep multiple times by Pryor but he and Cousins failed to hook up.

Hill also happens to be one of the best and most elusive WRs in the game. Should we also highlight the play where Mills let Conley beat him deep on a play which probably sealed the game?

Watkins at least has some speed where Douglas dropped to the 3rd round cause of his lack of speed. Point is our corners suck as it is. Darby was probably only good CB we have.

Point is I rather have as many of the guys we have healthy. It is a concern to me. Depth is paper thin and they can use all the guys they have to hold down the secondary, which already was the weak link.

Quick question since the NFL makes it confusing as hell. Is there a way other than Sunday Ticket to watch the CBS afternoon games if only Fox shows an afternoon game in my market? Does CBS all access work?

squicken

I've watched this a bunch of times now and I still can't figure out how they let him come through completely clean like that. He's right there...

I don't know about that play specifically, but Zimmer sid most of their protection issues were down to communication with a new QB. There were a couple plays where Case set up at the wrong depth he mentioned

Top Bottom