• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Famassu

I wonder if Rare Enemy perk would be better. Those little Egg enemies might have drops on them too instead of coins?
EDIT: oh right, that wouldn't really work in a multiplayer mode
I think you might be right about the eggs giving Hayners. The bonus time is, once again, such that it's 30 minutes super hard bosses and then 30 minutes of "rare enemies", which, from what I experienced, seemed to only increase the number of egg enemies in any given level. There weren't any adventurers that would automatically drop Hayners or anything. It's the same missions as any other time (outside the lvl 500 boss times), except there were quite a lot more eggs around each time, at least in some rooms.

And yeah, it DOESN'T work all that well, since you don't get the treasure unless you're participating in the battle against one. Reeeal shitty way of giving these things out, since it's so hard to coordinate it so that every rando would participate in an egg battle before it's killed.

Famassu

How? I played for both of the bonus hours but I only got enough for one guilt, and that's AFTER having already collected 8 yesterday through tedious grind. -_-

Played today's for almost an hour and only got one Pence.

Psxphile

How? I played for both of the bonus hours but I only got enough for one guilt, and that's AFTER having already collected 8 yesterday through tedious grind. -_-

Played today's for almost an hour and only got one Pence.

That was for the whole day. I did get over half of them from both Bonus Times.

Razmos

This union cross is fucking dumb. Just did like 10+ runs and didn't get a single medal. If any of the bonus enemies did show up I have no idea because any player with even a slightly better connection was running ahead of me at all times and getting them before anyone else (And usually ignoring challenges making everyone else miss out on coins).

Eurgh. Not sure I can be bothered to even try. And I still haven't seen a bonus time yet due to how stupidly restrictive the times are

Famassu

This union cross is fucking dumb. Just did like 10+ runs and didn't get a single medal. If any of the bonus enemies did show up I have no idea because any player with even a slightly better connection was running ahead of me at all times and getting them before anyone else (And usually ignoring challenges making everyone else miss out on coins).

Eurgh. Not sure I can be bothered to even try. And I still haven't seen a bonus time yet due to how stupidly restrictive the times are
The next one is in 4,5 hours. And yeah, don't bother trying to get medals outside the bonus time unless you're, like, waiting a bus/train/something and have time to spare. It's not worth it.

Skittles

The shegnagaga eggs have the highest chance of dropping them

Credo

I think I'm beginning to hit burnout on this game. All this Union Cross grinding has put me off quite a bit, and I kind of wonder why I'm still going. I've just been doing the daily Cid quests for about 3 weeks and then whatever other event happens to be going at the time. I thought iKairi 0.2 would reinvigorate me a bit, but I felt kind of flat after all of it. I hope something else big comes along soon or I may just end up dropping this.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I set an alarm on my phone to remind me of the start of bonus time and played for the entire hour. I got enough Pence B medals to guilt it and reroll it. 88%. Too bad I wasn't able to guilt Hayner B yesterday.

Psxphile

Got enough Pence to guilt one medal. 50%. It's like the game is mocking me.

The shegnagaga eggs have the highest chance of dropping them
Seems everyone got the memo because we got some people searching and cleaning out the eggs in every mission within the first minute without fail.

I set an alarm on my phone to remind me of the start of bonus time and played for the entire hour. I got enough Pence B medals to guilt it and reroll it. 88%. Too bad I wasn't able to guilt Hayner B yesterday.
You'll get two more chances to grind for each medal before we go into free-for-all mode.

Famassu

Soo... remind me, am I correct in thinking that the best way to guilt the combination medal is to have

1 x 6* medal of, say, Olette with 3 pips
1 x 6* medal of, say, Olette with 2 pips
2 x 6* Hayner
2 x 6* Pence

Then combine the Hayners & Pences with the pipped Olettes, which creates 3 pipped & 2 pipped combination medals that can then be combined & thus guilted? Does anyone know if the combination medal maintains the trait of the, in this case, Olettes? Or do I need 5000 of everything to be certain to get extra attack for the combination medal?

Soo... remind me, am I correct in thinking that the best way to guilt the combination medal is to have

1 x 6* medal of, say, Olette with 3 pips
1 x 6* medal of, say, Olette with 2 pips
2 x 6* Hayner
2 x 6* Pence

Then combine the Hayners & Pences with the pipped Olettes, which creates 3 pipped & 2 pipped combination medals that can then be combined & thus guilted? Does anyone know if the combination medal maintains the trait of the, in this case, Olettes? Or do I need 5000 of everything to be certain to get extra attack for the combination medal?

It keeps the trait of the medal you evolve. It also keeps the guilt, so you can (and should, because you'll get at least 1 extra Nova level) just go ahead and guilt the Olette and then evolve it afterwards. Apparently the Nova level(s) for the combo medal won't unlock when you evolve to it, you have to level it up with an exp (or other) medal once for them to pop.

Psxphile

Should probably note that in the last bonus time I seemed to get more medal drops that were doubles than the day before. The main difference was that I went whole-ham on Item perk.

Razmos

Wow. Just looked up what time the bonus time is for me using a time zone converter. 3am and 7am? No wonder I've never seen one. What a joke.

Famassu

It keeps the trait of the medal you evolve. It also keeps the guilt, so you can (and should, because you'll get at least 1 extra Nova level) just go ahead and guilt the Olette and then evolve it afterwards. Apparently the Nova level(s) for the combo medal won't unlock when you evolve to it, you have to level it up with an exp (or other) medal once for them to pop.
So wait a minute, you can get the combination medal's Nova even if you evolve an already guilted Olette, Hayner or Pence? I thought you'd completely miss out on Nova for the combo medal if you evolve an already guilted medal?

■ Notes About Nova Level
・If a Medal with its Special Attack Bonus unlocked evolves into Hayner & Pence & Olette, your Nova Level will not increase.
・In order to raise your Nova Level using Hayner & Pence & Olette, you will need to use the Level Up function on a Hayner & Pence & Olette until it unlocks its Special Attack Bonus.

The first line should really end with "at that time", because it just means you won't get the Nova when you do the evolution. From everything I've heard, it works the same way as the Sora/Riku/Meow Wow medal did, which is that the Nova level of the medal you hit "Evolve" on carries over (which is how it was possible to have a tier 3 medal with less than 40% guilt, haha).

Razmos

I woke up early this morning and couldn't get back to sleep, so actually did manage to do a bonus time. Got about 8 or 9 pence medals and they gave the aerial defence -60% trait on nearly every single one of them. Also didn't realize you have to get 5 more medals to evolve it. Eurgh this game has the worst fucking events seriously.

I just gave up after combining all my medals and getting a shitty worthless trait over and over

deanote666

I woke up early this morning and couldn't get back to sleep, so actually did manage to do a bonus time. Got about 8 or 9 pence medals and they gave the aerial defence -60% trait on nearly every single one of them. Also didn't realize you have to get 5 more medals to evolve it. Eurgh this game has the worst fucking events seriously.

I just gave up after combining all my medals and getting a shitty worthless trait over and over

That trait and ground defense -60% are the only way to do damage in tier 14 of the coliseum, Those are my target traits on some medals.

Psxphile

I've come to the conclusion that gold prize boxes are what you should be striving for when medal hunting in Union Cross. When medal drops happen it's usually from those in particular and not normal mobs themselves which drop silver prizes (it's still random whether you'll get a medal or coins, though).

You get gold prize boxes from:
- gold chests (turns out you only get silver prizes in Union Cross during the campaign)
- completed mission quests
- egg enemies
- quest boss

During bonus times most people will be concentrating on just the eggs and bosses, but you can up your chances of getting medals by taking the time to look for the single gold chest in a quest (which doesn't get depleted like eggs do) and making sure the mission quests are completed (a round with several missions quests is a round worth redoing for more drop chances).

I'm probably wrong about the fine points, but from my experience this seems correct.

deanote666

Just realized we're getting 4 rotations of these medals. I was thinking it was only 1 week!

I already got 200,000 cross coins past filling the boards...

Pulled 6 times for falling price banner for Seph Ex in JP to try and give my boosted ones some traits...
Didn't get 1 even though they are supposed to be double drop rate..

Psxphile

Seems the Ice Cream medals are even harder to grind for than the others. I just went 10-12 rounds and didn't get a single one. Gonna have to go all in during bonus times.

Fuzzy

Seems the Ice Cream medals are even harder to grind for than the others. I just went 10-12 rounds and didn't get a single one. Gonna have to go all in during bonus times.
I don't bother too much outside bonus time. I'll play a few rounds here and there but it's just a huge waste of time otherwise.

Psxphile

I don't bother too much outside bonus time. I'll play a few rounds here and there but it's just a huge waste of time otherwise.

For the other medals I played before bonus time to gather enough medals to have one 5* w/ 3 dots filled and another with 2 dots. Then I would come back for bonus time to rack in the extra medals I'll need to evolve both, plus any extras to make additional 6*s for rerolling guilt. Didn't take very long (though in the end none of my medals have max guilt yet).

There's really no need to do that here, though... just wanted to get 2 or 3 before the real grind begins. Seems they're more limited since they're just fodder for evolving the other medals.

Fuzzy

Yeah, since we need a lot fewer ice cream medals to evolve these I don't think anyone should worry too much about getting a lot of them. Every re-roll of the combined medal will require 6 of each of the medals and only 3 ice cream medals.

Yeah, since we need a lot fewer ice cream medals to evolve these I don't think anyone should worry too much about getting a lot of them. Every re-roll of the combined medal will require 6 of each of the medals and only 3 ice cream medals.

You shouldn't ever need to re-roll the combined medal more than once to unlock the Nova boost.

So the max Ice Cream medals we should need is 6.

EDIT: Man, I feel really dirty running past all the enemies to reach the Shenaneggans faster than anyone else. At least I got my 6 Ice Cream medals quickly.

Psxphile

DFygpZIUIAAHtEp.png:small

Bastards. Here I am scraping together to get the one 0.2 Kairi I need to keep competitive and they pull a falling price banner again.

EDIT:
HD Ventus
SP Ansem

Fuzzy

I played for the hour and got 15 ice cream medals and that was after not getting any for the first 13 minutes. I tend to get to the egg then call out for others to join me before killing it. I hate people who just kill them right away.

CRS

That's why I prefer the first half hour with the difficult bosses. Don't have to look for the eggs and I actually get a chance to kill them.

Where as in the second half of the hour, everyone rushes to kill the eggs and it screws everyone else over.

Famassu

Sooo... I got a 85% guilt for Pence (w/extra attack). Would it be wise to throw 15 Magic Mirrors at it (I've got tons, almost 100...) and then use it as the main medal for the combo medal? That way I'll get the Full Guilt Nova bonus from Pence and then from the combo medal as well?

Psxphile

Sooo... I got a 85% guilt for Pence (w/extra attack). Would it be wise to throw 15 Magic Mirrors at it (I've got tons, almost 100...) and then use it as the main medal for the combo medal? That way I'll get the Full Guilt Nova bonus from Pence and then from the combo medal as well?

Magic Mirrors have been plentiful lately so I say go for it. Relying on rerolls during this campaign is not going to be fun. Does Pence have Extra attack btw? Also remember to use the level-up function once you have your max guilted HPO so you can get your 6 additional Nova levels.

Fuzzy

Eggs and bosses. Try to participate in most battles and get all chests.
There's no point in the chests since they're only silver and not gold.

Does changing your outfit to increase item drop actually help? I did it and have +15 but I don't know if that actually does anything.

Hey I just got a 0.2 Boosted mickey (on jp) and I I'm trying to feed my regular 2 dotted 0.2 mickey into it but it won't let me. Anyone know why? It's level 100 and it has 10 cost. Obviously also has 2 traits.

Any idea on what is wrong/how to fix?

Psxphile

Hey I just got a 0.2 Boosted mickey (on jp) and I I'm trying to feed my regular 2 dotted 0.2 mickey into it but it won't let me. Anyone know why? It's level 100 and it has 10 cost. Obviously also has 2 traits.

Any idea on what is wrong/how to fix?

Are either locked?

It took me forever.
But after on my third 3 dotted Hayner B, I finally got extra attack. lol...

So I can use 2 of them to make a guilted (when Hayner B comes back in 4 days again that is...) and have a spare 3 dotted one, just because I want a spare of each of the B ones for proud quests maybe or something.

Top Bottom