• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 2012.11.7 on Wii U system features - Nov. 7, 6AM EST

JoeInky

Say what you want about the music, but this looks awesome. The art style is a huge step-up from NSMBW imo. I absolutely love the look of the water-ghost world.

But it's also a huge step down from the vibrant colours of NSMB2, I really dislike the plastic-y effect NSMBWii/U have.

tolkir

True

A68f_PwCAAAAprY.jpg

zroid

Banned
Not to mention burning Reggie and Iwata while promoting Art academy at the same time.

Doesn't sound like you can video chat while playing a game which kinda sucks.

ahaha, Bill is the man.

Yeah video chatting on the gamepad while playing on the TV would have been awesome. Disappoint.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
So the Home button really lights up when there's a call incoming.

zroid

Banned
Sounds kind of distracting to me.I would rather just have voice chat while gaming.

Yeah maybe. Well it's probably not something I would use much either way. Just sounds like a good idea in my head. :p

Though, with that said, I always thought the little video feed of other players that appear in games like Star Fox 64 3D were cute. Even if it wasn't video chat, that might've been nice -- maybe it can be implemented on a game-by-game basis.

BelleHypecolor.gif

I hope that they announce a global voice chat and how the achievement will work with miiverse.

Awwwwwwwww, aint that the darnedest thing.

Anyways, this whole "Die and comment" system looks kinda cool, but man, how aggravating would it be to die in the same spot over and over, and then you get a pop-up saying 'oh ho, seems you are stuck, trollolol, would you like to comment on it?'

Red UFO

If you were expecting a game console to churn through CPU cycles on video encoding/decoding while playing a video game then you are bonkers.

Javier

Miiverse/WaraWara Plaza is exactly what I pictured a Nintendo Social Network would be like.

Hope they expand it to 3DS soon.

WOW @ that deluxe unboxing, beautiful! And Iwata is as funny as ever.

So VC/Wii Ware transfer won't be day one or we will know per a news update soon on the site, is that right?

MarkusRJR

That's pretty much what SiNG Party is
Eh, SiNG Party adds in a bunch of dancing gimmicks that're kind of stupid to be honest. Plus, if they were to bring that service over it'd probably have an infinitely larger song selection (due to it being all online vs a disc priced at $50/$60). We don't even know what the track list is for SiNG Party or if it'll even have DLC. Considering the game launches in less than 2 weeks it's kind of ridiculous.

Ridley327

I doubt it, because afaik the Pro Controller doesn't have any motion sensors.

The video in the thread for NSMBU shows that the GamePad can do a spin jump with a shoulder button. I'm pretty sure that the Pro Controller should have no problems with the game.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
My ten second impression is that everything we heard is good, but there are still things we didn't hear -- can Nintendo Network IDs be used on multiple consoles? What about users? Can this be done simultaneously, or just one at a time? How does the DRM apply to multiple consoles? Or will Nintendo be continuing the "manual transfer" process, where as long as you have two consoles, you can do a transfer process, but if your console is stolen or lost, no dice or you have to deal with Nintendo.

I'm not really impressed with "Nintendo Network can link to per-developer networks." One of the worst things about PS360 is allowing developers to make their own shitty networks. No one wants uPlay or Origin or Konami Metal Gear Online Clusterfuck deluxe. I know Nintendo needs to make friends with other devs/pubs and that's the #1 priority, but it's also important to keep standards as rigorous as possible and ball-bust publishers who try to pull bullshit.

MarkusRJR

The video in the thread for NSMBU shows that the GamePad can do a spin jump with a shoulder button. I'm pretty sure that the Pro Controller should have no problems with the game.
There is still tilting involved in certain levels I believe. They had bits where tilting was involved in NSMB Wii as well. They could technically put tilting on ZR and ZL but they probably thought it was cumbersome or something.

zroid

Banned

Didn't think Mario required motion, I know you can hit a button to fly higher.

Hm well my mistake if so, I thought you still needed to use waggle for that.

Eh, SiNG Party adds in a bunch of dancing gimmicks that're kind of stupid to be honest. Plus, if they were to bring that service over it'd probably have an infinitely larger song selection (due to it being all online vs a disc priced at $50/$60). We don't even know what the track list is for SiNG Party or if it'll even have DLC. Considering the game launches in less than 2 weeks it's kind of ridiculous.

Ah, really. I haven't looked into it too much to be honest. :(

Ridley327

There is still tilting involved in certain levels I believe. They had bits where tilting was involved in NSMB Wii as well. They could technically put tilting on ZR and ZL but they probably thought it was cumbersome or something.

I would have to believe that if they're giving you the option of pressing a button to spin jump on the controller that does have gyros built in, that they're making sure that a Pro Controller would be able to do the same things without them.

I guess we really need someone to find the back of NSMBU's box soon.

Pharros

Okay just up and back from class.

So nothing involving accomplishments or party chat were talked about at all? Damn, I was really hoping they would at least mention accomplishments :(

I'm not really impressed with "Nintendo Network can link to per-developer networks." One of the worst things about PS360 is allowing developers to make their own shitty networks. No one wants uPlay or Origin or Konami Metal Gear Online Clusterfuck deluxe. I know Nintendo needs to make friends with other devs/pubs and that's the #1 priority, but it's also important to keep standards as rigorous as possible and ball-bust publishers who try to pull bullshit.

Well, Microsoft and Sony tried ballbusting. In the end, it didn't work. Publishers still wanted to do their own thing. They did. uPlay, EA origin, steamworks, etc, all gained some ground. As long as the eShop is the primary place to purchase digital games, I think it's good.

Glenn Beck is on some straight preacher shit right now.

Glenn Beck hates Wii U and Obama. Why am I not surprised?

Top Bottom