• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

Lé Blade Runner
Member
(09-09-2016, 04:17 PM)
Lé Blade Runner's Avatar

Originally Posted by snowblind

It seems like common sense. Give players a trickle of keys and crates... but allow them to pay for more keys whenever they want. Done exclude completely. I hate to say this but... Look at how 3Arc handled the BLOPS3 Crates. As much as i detest it in that game i'd love it in this game! (save for them hiding truly unique, new cars in crates... not just re-skins)

Well, yeah. This would be the ideal situation. Keys would drop based on matches played - say, every few hundred matches or so - or as rare drops randomly. Then I could either buy a ton of them at my leisure to support the scene, or wait for one to drop.

We'll see how this developes over time.
Emperor Bohe
Member
(09-09-2016, 05:08 PM)
Emperor Bohe's Avatar

Originally Posted by SpacLock

There's still a large audience for Xbox, and I'm sure there is one or two more players than me on this forum.

I mentioned it earlier, hopefully it gets fixed real quick
Babalu.
Member
(09-09-2016, 05:23 PM)
Babalu.'s Avatar
yup.

all the cool new shit is behind a pay wall now.

Cant earn any keys legit.

not good. not good at all.


rumble is fun though.
TheKeyPit
Banned
(09-09-2016, 05:38 PM)

Originally Posted by UpDownLeftRight

Rumble IS fun, I'm having a blast with it BUT I've bought all their DLC and the game twice because I like the cosmetics. Yes they're purely visual but that's something I've happily thrown down money for in the past but there is a critical difference here. We're now on the crate and key take a gamble at what you want system, meaning any money I put forward for these keys a possible waste.

Not only do we no longer have control over what we may get but the cost of them has increased exponentially with this too, meaning if I wanted to have all content like I'd always aimed to with RL, it could now cost me hundreds and that's just on one platform. To top it off we are not being rewarded in any way by this key system for taking part as an active player, whereas a key drop every now and then could have easily been a rare but randomized treat based on play time.

Finally, the playerbase have been requesting stuff like more decals for the longest time and now that it's here it's locked behind a crate and key system rather than just a big DLC pack. I'd have happily paid for the content in a big pack, but these are free to play mechanics in a full priced game. I'd have honestly rather paid for Rumble and all the extras than what we ended up with.



Bingo! Do that and I won't care but right now this is bullshit. Think if in Overwatch's Summer Games you had no way of attaining a crate whatsoever without spending cash and imagine what the backlash would be, because that's very similar to what's happening here.

.

--------------------

Originally Posted by SpacLock

There's still a large audience for Xbox, and I'm sure there is one or two more players than me on this forum.

I've already played Rumble for more than two hours and the only problems I've noticed on Xbox were the regular server farts + complete connection drops during a match that came from the server.
Tawpgun
Member
(09-09-2016, 05:50 PM)
Tawpgun's Avatar
Did performance on Xbox drop? I feel like the game looks worse and is at a lower fps.

Not to mention some weird lagginess
TechnicPuppet
Nothing! I said nothing!
(09-09-2016, 06:50 PM)
TechnicPuppet's Avatar
The game is worse for me now on XB1 than it was at launch. Unplayable basically feels like between 15 and 20 FPS.

Is PS4 ok cause I have it on that as well.
Bread
Banned
(09-09-2016, 06:58 PM)
Bread's Avatar
Yup just came here to see if you guys were talking about it. Xbox one version is unplayable atm. It's weird, it runs completely smooth at the start and then once the ball is touched bam the FPS drops below 20. It's headache inducing.

Played one game and couldn't continue. Test your patches Psyonix god damn.
TechnicPuppet
Nothing! I said nothing!
(09-09-2016, 07:08 PM)
TechnicPuppet's Avatar
I noticed a new weather effect on the level I tried. I have weather turned off. Wondering if that's what's causing it.
TheKeyPit
Banned
(09-09-2016, 07:12 PM)
1 key after 100 ranked matches. Do it Psyonix. Make it a Solo Standard restriction to be even more evil

Where is a power-up button for training mode? Missed opportunity...
ErichWK
Member
(09-09-2016, 07:40 PM)
ErichWK's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheKeyPit

1 key after 100 ranked matches. Do it Psyonix. Make it a Solo Standard restriction to be even more evil

Where is a power-up button for training mode? Missed opportunity...

No. You just have bad luck. make a shrine to ickingfudiot with a 3 looneys and some incense and pray for 15 minutes. Should work after that.
TheKeyPit
Banned
(09-09-2016, 07:44 PM)

Originally Posted by ErichWK

No. You just have bad luck. make a shrine to ickingfudiot with a 3 looneys and some incense and pray for 15 minutes. Should work after that.

Be right back.
dave is ok
aztek is ok
(09-09-2016, 07:49 PM)
dave is ok's Avatar
Crates are going for like four rare boosts + another item right now.

I wish this had Steam Marketplace.
Emerson
May contain jokes =>
(09-09-2016, 09:05 PM)
Emerson's Avatar
Played 3 games and got a crate, opened it and got the Heatwave Black Market universal decal. Looks awesome.
Mike Works
(09-09-2016, 09:40 PM)
Mike Works's Avatar
Question: can you open a crate and get a decal for a DLC car you don't own?
CountAntonius
Member
(09-09-2016, 09:43 PM)
CountAntonius's Avatar

Originally Posted by Emerson

Played 3 games and got a crate, opened it and got the Heatwave Black Market universal decal. Looks awesome.

damn. One of the rarest item's in the game. Grats. can be used with any car.
Unicorn
Member
(09-09-2016, 11:13 PM)
Unicorn's Avatar

Originally Posted by dave is ok

Crates are going for like four rare boosts + another item right now.

I wish this had Steam Marketplace.

Are they tradable now?
Nete
Member
(09-09-2016, 11:21 PM)
Nete's Avatar
I'm afraid Rumble will kill me of pure laugh. Holy shit.

https://gfycat.com/SizzlingFrightenedIlladopsis

What a save!
Unicorn
Member
(09-09-2016, 11:27 PM)
Unicorn's Avatar
I have a 1 and 2 crate. I do want ice and lightning trail and Octane skin, but don't want to go on reddit to trade. Anyone wanna hook me up?
CountAntonius
Member
(09-09-2016, 11:30 PM)
CountAntonius's Avatar

Originally Posted by Unicorn

I have a 1 and 2 crate. I do want ice and lightning trail and Octane skin, but don't want to go on reddit to trade. Anyone wanna hook me up?

What platform are you on? I have both boosts and an octane racer skin. PC here.
rafaelr
Member
(09-09-2016, 11:33 PM)
rafaelr's Avatar
rumble is just...wow!
(from reddit)
Unicorn
Member
(09-09-2016, 11:34 PM)
Unicorn's Avatar

Originally Posted by CountAntonius

What platform are you on? I have both boosts and an octane racer skin. PC here.

PC. Anyone find a painted unicorn horn yet?
CountAntonius
Member
(09-09-2016, 11:35 PM)
CountAntonius's Avatar

Originally Posted by Unicorn

PC. Anyone find a painted unicorn horn yet?

I'm down to trade. haven't found any unicorn horns yet.
TheKeyPit
Banned
(09-10-2016, 12:10 AM)
Just in case: I got an Import TAKUMI RX-T and an Import X-DEVIL MK2 (This one is even certified, and tracks wins). I'd like to trade one of them for an Import DOMINUS GT.
(Xbox)
KRaZyAmmo
Member
(09-10-2016, 12:13 AM)
KRaZyAmmo's Avatar
Can you obtain keys in game without going to microtransactions? I got a crate.
Unicorn
Member
(09-10-2016, 12:14 AM)
Unicorn's Avatar

Originally Posted by KRaZyAmmo

Can you obtain keys in game without going to microtransactions? I got a crate.

Only if you trade another player for one.
CountAntonius
Member
(09-10-2016, 12:15 AM)
CountAntonius's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheKeyPit

Just in case: I got an Import TAKUMI RX-T and an Import X-DEVIL MK2 (This one is even certified, and tracks wins). I'd like to trade one of them for an Import DOMINUS GT.
(Xbox)

Very nice! I have gotten an import roadhog XL. Still looking for that dominus myself.
TheKeyPit
Banned
(09-10-2016, 12:21 AM)

Originally Posted by CountAntonius

Very nice! I have gotten an import roadhog XL. Still looking for that dominus myself.

Dominus is life. I'll try to get it with my last key after I get another CS1 crate. If not, the only thing left will be to trade these two Import cars.
I Wanna Be The Guy
U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
(09-10-2016, 12:50 AM)
I Wanna Be The Guy's Avatar
More talk about items and crates in here than the new game mode. For shame.

New game mode is all kinda of awesome. It's not fair. It's kinda random and bullshitty, but boy is it fun. Reminds me a lot of the mutator mashup playlist. This is the mode to go to for a laugh stress free. Hope they don't take it away like they did mutator mashup. This game needs a crazy mode like this.
dickroach
Member
(09-10-2016, 12:56 AM)
dickroach's Avatar
so PC/Mac multiplayer will be seamless unlike PC/PS4 cuz its all Steam, right??
Lazulic
Member
(09-10-2016, 01:12 AM)
Lazulic's Avatar
rlcs brackets up

genesis first round next saturday EEEEZZZZ
Grinchy
Member
(09-10-2016, 01:17 AM)
Grinchy's Avatar
What do you get when you craft 5 Very Rare items together?
Unicorn
Member
(09-10-2016, 01:31 AM)
Unicorn's Avatar

Originally Posted by Grinchy

What do you get when you craft 5 Very Rare items together?

disappointment. i.e. the center of the galaxy in NMS






you get nothing as it won't let you do it.
Grinchy
Member
(09-10-2016, 02:02 AM)
Grinchy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Unicorn

disappointment. i.e. the center of the galaxy in NMS






you get nothing as it won't let you do it.

It looks like it wants to let me do it. Does it just give you a message when you try that it's not possible? It wouldn't even let me select these items before the patch. I'm so paranoid that I won't even hit accept to bring up the confirmation lol
one_kill
Member
(09-10-2016, 02:15 AM)
one_kill's Avatar
Can anyone tell me why I'm not getting any drops playing online?

I've played about 8-9 matches and only got 4-5 items.
TimeEffect
Member
(09-10-2016, 02:24 AM)
TimeEffect's Avatar
Can I not get keys without paying?

Tbh, i dont mind at all

Theyve given tons of cosmetics for free and released lots of great maps to everyone. I dont mind not having access to more content without paying


Im just bummed because i want an animated decal
ErichWK
Member
(09-10-2016, 02:26 AM)
ErichWK's Avatar
This gets funnier the more you watch

https://gfycat.com/PlushAmusingIbis
Nete
Member
(09-10-2016, 02:26 AM)
Nete's Avatar
Ragequitting guy on Rumble after a failed save by me due lack of boost: "tryhards on rumble damn".

Salties on Rumble, LOL.

Originally Posted by Grinchy

It looks like it wants to let me do it. Does it just give you a message when you try that it's not possible? It wouldn't even let me select these items before the patch. I'm so paranoid that I won't even hit accept to bring up the confirmation lol

Unicorn
Member
(09-10-2016, 03:26 AM)
Unicorn's Avatar

Originally Posted by TimeEffect

Can I not get keys without paying?

Tbh, i dont mind at all

Theyve given tons of cosmetics for free and released lots of great maps to everyone. I dont mind not having access to more content without paying


Im just bummed because i want an animated decal

Trade dupes to people for keys or items.
Grinchy
Member
(09-10-2016, 03:37 AM)
Grinchy's Avatar

Originally Posted by Nete




ahhhh, ok well damn. I was hoping it crafted into an Exotic or something.

I guess I'll have to trade the extras away when trading gets more popular or something.
Mike Works
(09-10-2016, 03:51 AM)
Mike Works's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mike Works

Question: can you open a crate and get a decal for a DLC car you don't own?

Anyone?
CountAntonius
Member
(09-10-2016, 04:27 AM)
CountAntonius's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mike Works

Anyone?

Pretty sure you can and probably can't use it.
Mike Works
(09-10-2016, 04:30 AM)
Mike Works's Avatar

Originally Posted by CountAntonius

Pretty sure you can and probably can't use it.

:/
Unicorn
Member
(09-10-2016, 04:51 AM)
Unicorn's Avatar
I got 3 Crate 2's. I'm going to hold onto them for a bit, but I'm glad I have series 2 because it has the amazing trails in there.

How many black market items are there? Only decals? Only the one decal?
CountAntonius
Member
(09-10-2016, 04:55 AM)
CountAntonius's Avatar

Originally Posted by Unicorn

I got 3 Crate 2's. I'm going to hold onto them for a bit, but I'm glad I have series 2 because it has the amazing trails in there.

How many black market items are there? Only decals? Only the one decal?

There are four in total. All decals.
Unicorn
Member
(09-10-2016, 04:58 AM)
Unicorn's Avatar

Originally Posted by CountAntonius

There are four in total. All decals.

pics/gifs?


Edit: Found them

Slipstream
https://gfycat.com/BriskJealousHanumanmonkey
Labyrinth
https://gfycat.com/CandidWhoppingBernesemountaindog
Heatwave
https://gfycat.com/FamiliarVelvetyGe...ehairedpointer
Parallax
https://gfycat.com/IdioticAnotherElkhound
CountAntonius
Member
(09-10-2016, 05:12 AM)
CountAntonius's Avatar
You got it. Would love a slipstream heatwave..and parallax.
Dangansona
Member
(09-10-2016, 06:20 AM)
Dangansona's Avatar
For the second or third time the game Uninstalled itself on PS4. Has this happened to anyone else?
Clydefrog
momfrog
dadfrog
madfrog
(09-10-2016, 07:01 AM)
Clydefrog's Avatar
friend of mine got parallax >:|

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ygwA3YV56M
PSY・S
Member
(09-10-2016, 07:14 AM)
used the spikes to fly the ball into the goal but because my car never actually touched the ball my teammate got the goal...
Unicorn
Member
(09-10-2016, 07:16 AM)
Unicorn's Avatar
I think the only good black market skin is the labyrinth. the rest seem weak compared to the other skins that may be exclusive to a certain car. Heatwave is okay.

Thread Tools