• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUILTY GEAR Xrd REV 2 |OT| Holy Smokes Baiken!

I wonder if PC players will have access to the lobby this time? It's such a cool feature and it was a shame that I did not get to use it ):

zoobzone

Ah, looks like I'll finally be picking up Xrd now that ASW isn't going to be treating the PC players like fools! Yes, I plan on maining Baiken. :V

Does this mean cross-platform play? I got excited seeing mention of cross-platform lobbies but figured it meant PS3 and PS4.

No cross platform still, PC running on steam servers and PS on PSN.

Naarmight

I doubt we'll see many, if any, cross-platform games in the future. SFV is the exception, not the rule. (and comes at a cost)

What is the cost?
Also isn't Killer Instinct PC and Xbox cross play? And of course there is always Rocket League
(I should point out I play on PC, and I love cross play as it boosts the population, which will always be significantly lower on PC)

What is the cost?
Also isn't Killer Instinct PC and Xbox cross play? And of course there is always Rocket League
(I should point out I play on PC, and I love cross play as it boosts the population, which will always be significantly lower on PC)

servers cost money

i think the rocket league devs have said before that the server costs almost broke them at one point near the launch of the game

What is the cost?

I don't like CFN. On PS4 I'd much rather be able to find friends easily through the system level friend's list and be able to use DLC I purchase across multiple profiles than play with people on Steam. The trade off is not anywhere near worth it to me.

servers cost money

i think the rocket league devs have said before that the server costs almost broke them at one point near the launch of the game

There's also that. It's a feature that comes at the cost of convenience for the player and effort and resources for the developer. Not surprised to see most devs just deciding it just isn't worth it.

ArjanN

I don't like CFN. On PS4 I'd much rather be able to find friends easily through the system level friend's list and be able to use DLC I purchase across multiple profiles than play with people on Steam. The trade off is not anywhere near worth it to me.

i mean ideally you'd have both, both personally I think crossplay is about a million times more important.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
All ps+ members are getting rev 2 demo no pre order required.
https://twitter.com/AllAksys/status/858019383003795457

giphy.gif

i mean ideally you'd have both, both personally I think crossplay is about a million times more important.

I don't think you can have both. There has to be a login system outside the system level logins for them to be compatible with each other. That's why the only games to support it have all gone that route.

and idk I'd rather just have an easier time playing with friends on the same platform than I care about having access to more strangers on another.

ArjanN

I don't think you can have both. There has to be a login system outside the system level logins for them to be compatible with each other. That's why the only games to support it have all gone that route.

and idk I'd rather just have an easier time playing with friends on the same platform than I care about having access to more strangers on another.

i can see that being the case for you, but I still think crossplay is more important for the health of community overall.

Jinroh

Will the update contain the revelator DLC characters? I'd like to know if it's worth it to buy the deluxe edition on steam and then upgrade, or if I should wait for the full game.

Momentary

Banned
Any word on PS4 Pro updates?

Maybe they don't really feel it's significant to provide a downscale option for 1080p since there isn't too much of a difference. Especially for those on 1080p T.V.s and even more so if the displays are smaller.

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/208366

PS4 1080p

1080p Downsampled

Now if you are a gamer who plays on a 4K T.V. and have a Pro things can start to look a little messy. But hopefully they do something this go around. I feel like there is enough headroom with the Pros hardware to provide Native 4K@60... Maybe not with AA, but maybe with checkerboarding + AA something similar can come about.

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/208367

1080p Upscaled to 4K

4K native with AA

I know this isn't gameplay oriented, but I just love how great this game looks and how light it is in terms of a performance hog. I feel other people who pay a premium for more performance should at least get that. The adjustments wouldn't even be expensive. It's like 5 minutes to adjust resolution files and maybe a few hours of testing to assure everything is running at locked framerates.

Maybe they've already tried and had issues. If that's the case then a 1440p option would still be big boost in IQ.

Sayad

Doesn't checkerboarding add more input delay? Even if it's 1 extra frame, I don't see a none Capcom fighting game going for it.

Momentary

Banned
Doesn't checkerboarding add more input delay? Even if it's 1 extra frame, I don't see a none Capcom fighting game going for it.

I'm not very familiar with it. If it does, then that's not good for high end players. But the option could be there for those a bit more casual. 1440p would be the best way to go then. Or maybe a higher off the wall resolution between 1440p and 2160p.

Spent over 300,000 world dollars and never got Raven. Feels bad, man.

You could have just bought him from the Gallery for 200,000

I think it took me about a little under 500,000 to unlock literally everything in the game, but that was pre-figure mode update. I'm glad I did though because figure mode really diluted the pool for drops if all you want is gameplay related stuff like characters and colors.

I think I paid cash for Raven myself though lol. I don't mind supporting arc and like having all characters day 1.

Hopped back on Revelator for the first time since launch thanks to the sale and Rev 2 dropping soon, and I forgot how much fun Guilty Gear can be. It's been a huge breath of fresh air after I thought Central Fiction beat all the anime out of me.

If anybody on GAF wants to play a lazy ass May who's still doing Xrd day one bnbs and setups hit me up on PSN. ID is TheYoTornado.

Rutger

Banned
I played the demo a little bit, it's cool to finally check out Answer and Rev Baiken...

But the game isn't liking my old Madcatz PS3 TE stick. I get the legacy controller notice when starting up the game, and it works fine for a few seconds until it just disconnects. It's not the stick, it still works fine on PS3. I haven't figured out a way around it yet.

Top Bottom