• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Sun & Moon |OT2| Calling for help! · · · – – – · · ·

Don't you get one save slot per profile?

But yeah I am fully assuming GF will disable the functionality if they can

They pretty much have too, it would completely destroy the artificial scarcity of the Pokemon that make you buy both versions to get a complete Dex.

I guess I could see multiple slots in the style of you can have multiple playthroughs but a playthrough can only save to the slot it was started in but I definitely don't see it otherwise.

the thing with profiles though is that, functionally, it's no different from just buying both games. Gamefreak misses out on the extra money, sure, but you still won't be able to trade between the two profiles, and assuming that Bank comes to Switch, it'll likely be tied to your NNID as before, which AFAIK can only be tied to one Switch profile, so you likely won't be able to transfer Pokemon from the profile that isn't connected to Bank.

Producer

so, i stopped playing right before the pokebank update dropped. Any new changes to the game? I played online a bit with my old pokes and did well. Any of the new(old) pokemon really good?

Does anyone have 5* Bouncy Houses (Clink-Clunk, Stomp-Stomp, Cling-Clang) or Treasure Hunt 5* they'd be willing to send me ?

I can offer Rare Kitchen , Friendship Cafe / Parlor, Kalos / Unova Tent all 5* , and Treasure Hunt 2* in exchange.

Does anyone have 5* Bouncy Houses (Clink-Clunk, Stomp-Stomp, Cling-Clang) or Treasure Hunt 5* they'd be willing to send me ?

I can offer Rare Kitchen , Friendship Cafe / Parlor, Kalos / Unova Tent all 5* , and Treasure Hunt 2* in exchange.

I'm sure I have a Treasure Hunt that's 5*. Let me check...

Edit: Yep, I do! Let me know when you're ready.

I'm sure I have a Treasure Hunt that's 5*. Let me check...

Edit: Yep, I do! Let me know when you're ready.

I'm around now, drop me a PM when you are
, my FC is 4854-6585-2487 and name is El, let me know yours. I should be around for the next hour and halfish, then gone for 9 or 10 hours to sleep, etc , then I'll be around most of the day.

ETA - Thanks for the Treasure Hunt 5*

JoeM86

Got my new Pikachu buddy

4BC2QMn.png

Sorry to double request so soon but this is the last thing I need for my training setup and I am having trouble finding it:

Does anyone have a 5* Thump-Bump they could trade me ?

I can offer (5* unless otherwise noted) Friendship Cafe / Parlor , Rare Kitchen, Unova Tent, Kalos Tent, Clink-Clunk, Stomp-Stomp, Treasure Hunt, Treasure Hunt 2* in exchange or any Sun/female clothes/etc.

i need a dominant Super Single Battle tree team. i'll do anything. i can't get north of the thirties. plz halp.

If you can't get a Heatran from the above team due to lacking OR/AS, or just want something easier to obatain:

Greninja @ Life Orb
EVs: 6 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- U-Turn

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Ability: Scrappy (Not really a big deal)
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Brick Break
- Crunch
- Sucker Punch

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 6 SpD
Ability: Stance Change
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak
- King's Shield

I used this to get to 50 before Bank came out. Failed maybe 2 times in the process, but it eventually worked.

ReAxion

i'll check these out, thanks.

i'm running a mimkyu, salamence, and metagross with perfect ivs. i think it's possibly my fault for not knowing opponent capabilities enough when the streak gets high.

Smasher89

Found a decent Kartana counter for the VGC meta finally, Bewear is a kinda rediculous wall!

It got me thinking, how does eviolite stack with fluffy?, even Stufful might be very tanky with that depending on how it's calculated!

Found a decent Kartana counter for the VGC meta finally, Bewear is a kinda rediculous wall!

It got me thinking, how does eviolite stack with fluffy?, even Stufful might be very tanky with that depending on how it's calculated!

Fluffy halves damage from contact moves and doubles damage from fire.

Eviolite when active raises Def and Sp Def by 50%.

Since they are completely separate multiplicative effects they stack multiplicatively. Raising Def by 50% reduces damage to 2/3 and fluffy halves that reducing contact damage to 1/3.

Oh the Global Mission about collecting Pokebeans is up (and super completed so it's a guaranteed 4000 FC + Level Ball if you've got a PGL account).

The April Internation is also running now, if you do 3 battles in it you get the Hoenn Starter Megastones (assuming you registered)

pbayne

Just finished in about 22 hours. Really blitzed through this one compared to others.

Whats the post-game for this gen like? If its just a few battles/towers or catch a few different legendaries ill probably give it a skip. Like there's nothing crazy like going to another region is there?

Crayolan

Just finished in about 22 hours. Really blitzed through this one compared to others.

Whats the post-game for this gen like? If its just a few battles/towers or catch a few different legendaries ill probably give it a skip. Like there's nothing crazy like going to another region is there?

There's a short post-game story, but it basically boils down to catching legendaries.

There's something worth seeing at the Battle Tree though (I don't mean doing the battle tree itself, something really cool happens when you first arrive at the tree).

Smasher89

Follow the letter you get when leaving the house, not saying more (
no real battle frontier this time either

pbayne

There's a short post-game story, but it basically boils down to catching legendaries.

There's something worth seeing at the Battle Tree though (I don't mean doing the battle tree itself, something really cool happens when you first arrive at the tree).

Follow the letter you get when leaving the house, not saying more (
no real battle frontier this time either

Cheers

Wichu

I'm in a match where my last Pokémon is Toxapex and my opponent's last Pokémon is Celesteela. I have more total PP than my opponent and enough Recovers left to survive that long, so I win the Struggle war. This is going to take a while.

Update 1: We are stuck in a loop of Autotomize -> Haze.

Update 2: He was holding some Heavy Slam PP back! I think I can still survive though.

Update 3: GOT 'EM! ...I think that's enough Pokémon for today.

I've just started Moon, and I was wondering how long it takes before it lets me go off and do my own thing?
I'm currently having a tour of the big city near the beach, and all I've been doing so far is moving from one exclamation mark NPC event to another.

I'm enjoying it of course, but it's like they're trying to outdo Persona 4's slow start.

GoldStarz

I've just started Moon, and I was wondering how long it takes before it lets me go off and do my own thing?
I'm currently having a tour of the big city near the beach, and all I've been doing so far is moving from one exclamation mark NPC event to another.

I'm enjoying it of course, but it's like they're trying to outdo Persona 4's slow start.

Kinda depends on what you mean by that, but I mean, the Pokemon series has always largely been linear, you're not just gonna be able to run anywhere you want right away.

Post game. You'll never get to pick your own path. Even Red and Blue was extremely linear outside of two routes to Fuchsia city.

Kinda depends on what you mean by that, but I mean, the Pokemon series has always largely been linear, you're not just gonna be able to run anywhere you want right away.

Post game. You'll never get to pick your own path. Even Red and Blue was extremely linear outside of two routes to Fuchsia city.

Alright, thanks.

It seems to have picked up a bit now at least. I know they've always been linear, but I think it's a mix of the dialogue being presented in cutscenes now, so you can't just click through the dialogue, you need to actually watch what's happening, and the fact that for the most part, so far I've just been getting whisked away to different locations, rather than walking to them myself.

Wichu

The early game is very obnoxious, but it eases up a bit once you get to the second island. The progression is still linear, but you get interrupted a lot less.

So I'm going to assume this random Shiny Lugia I got from Wonder Trade is hacked, right? If so, getting tired of receiving other people's hacked garbage.

So I'm going to assume this random Shiny Lugia I got from Wonder Trade is hacked, right? If so, getting tired of receiving other people's hacked garbage.

As a rule of thumb of if it's too good to be true it's probably at least cloned , if not hacked outright.

You can easily do an eyeball of most hacked shiny legends though because they've been shiny locked for a while which means you can check they are from the right gen, or have the right Trainer ID / Name for distribution events.

Eg the only Gen VII (clover) originating legendary at the moment is Shiny Koko.

Put down Sun/Moon when Zelda came out and I just picked it up again trying to complete my living dex. I've got everything up to this new generation and was wondering if anyone could help me out here. I'm looking for:

-Turtonator (I could probably find an extra Drampa)
-Buzzwole (I have the Moon exclusive equivalent to trade)
-Kartana (I have the moon exclusive equivalent to trade)

I'd be eternally grateful, but I don't expect anyone to be willing to trade:

-Type:Null or Silvally
-Cosmog
-Cosmoem
-Solgaleo
-Diancie

^I have some extra legendaries from the older games that I would be willing to trade depending on what you're looking for.

Man they made the living Dex extremely difficult to pull off in this game with these one off mons that evolve.

Damn you, Bellhop Zero! I made it to battle 28 in Super Singles – the farthest I had ever gone. Want to see some grade A bullshit?
See this: HTJW-WWWW-WWW6-UW4F
But don't actually watch all 78 turns of nonsense. Everything fell apart because of dumb luck. Easily the worst battle I've ever endured. And after everything was going so well too... ;_;

I stopped playing shortly after I caught all the Ultra Beast two or so weeks after release. Thinking of starting a fresh play threw. Did I miss anything? What's the deal with the Mega Stones? Have they been released yet? Anything else besides the Mega stones and Ash cap Pikachu was released?

Feels weird coming back to Pokémon and not knowing when I've been on top of everything Pokémon before the Switch was released.

I stopped playing shortly after I caught all the Ultra Beast two or so weeks after release. Thinking of starting a fresh play threw. Did I miss anything? What's the deal with the Mega Stones? Have they been released yet? Anything else besides the Mega stones and Ash cap Pikachu was released?

Feels weird coming back to Pokémon and not knowing when I've been on top of everything Pokémon before the Switch was released.
Have you been to the battle tree yet. That's actually what you're doing at the end.
Mega Stones are in the game. There are some which have been distributed through special tournaments but you can unlock many in the main game through.

Have you been to the battle tree yet. That's actually what you're doing at the end.
Mega Stones are in the game. There are some which have been distributed through special tournaments but you can unlock many in the main game through.

Yeah, I should've clarified better. I know there some sold at the battle tree and had some of those before restarting. I meant any after that. Like can I get the tournament ones in the game despite me missing them?

WPS

Yeah, I should've clarified better. I know there some sold at the battle tree and had some of those before restarting. I meant any after that. Like can I get the tournament ones in the game despite me missing them?

Each tourney one is being given out as a standard wifi event with a shared download code a little later.

So far we've got INTIMIDATE and M2DESCENT, with no known end dates for the events.

SuperOrez

Damn, I just got wrecked online by someone using Entertainment on their Wailord and giving it waterbubble. That was the scariest waterspout I've ever seen.

Pokemaniac

Looks like the games were just updated to version 1.2.

Patch notes
https://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/information/f3557c54-945a-4071-a398-5afca344555a said:
Note that once version 1.2 has been installed, any Battle Videos saved prior to the update cannot be played or shared.

Version 1.2 includes fixing these issues:
• Pokémon being unable to attack and switch when Sky Drop is used and when knocked out by damage done by Spiky Shield.
• A glitch in Poké Pelago when entering a new month.
• A rare case where the game ends after using an Evolution item as the last item in your Bag.
• Scatterbug sometimes not learning Egg Moves.
• Eggs sometimes being able to be given items.
• A glitch ending the tournament when pre-registered for an online Friendly Competition (e.g. entry gets canceled or the Battle Teams get unlocked).

Andrefpvs

I'm getting pretty tired of having my Battle Videos become unwatchable.

Also, if this patch doesn't fix the Choice item lock glitch, there's a good chance that another patch will come soon that once again will disable all Battle Videos saved until then...

Thanks to a kind soul I'm much closer to complete my living dex. I've got almost everything now and was wondering if anyone could help me with the final few. I'm looking for, (and I know these are big asks):

-Type:Null or Silvally
-Cosmog
-Cosmoem
-Diancie

^I have some extra legendaries from the older games that I would be willing to trade depending on what you're looking for, and can breed anything else. In addition if your looking for a particular/rare item I can throw that in as well to sweeten the deal if that helps.

CrimsonN0

Could someone help me trade evolve a couple pokemon?
I haven't had much luck asking in the Pokémon Community thread.

EDIT: Still wondering if anyone could help me evolve some pokemon...
EDIT: Finished.

Caayn

Is there a visual guide anywhere for organizing the Pokémon bank that includes gen 7 Pokémon? I can only find them up to gen 6.

Top Bottom