• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wipeout Omega Collection for PS4

Wonko_C

I platinumed the PS3 version, I don't want to do the trophies again, LOL, but I'm still playing the shit out of this regardless. The 2048 tracks will look beautiful. Hopefully they keep the HD & Fury menu skins, throw them a 2048 themed menu skin too, and bring back the "Speaker Test For 5.1 Surround Sound System".

zooL

yeeeeesssss! shinobi was right! loved wipeout hd and never played wipeout 2084. i have little hope that 3D is supported but that would just be the icing on the icing on the cake. happy days! :D

So, so keen for this! WipEout is my favorite franchise, and I never quite got the last WoHD trophy (Damn you Zico). Cannot wait to dive back in! Let's hope this sells and it paves the way for a true revival, WipEout deserves a proper PS4 entry.

+1 to now being able to unhook my PS3. I never had any real hope of getting a *new* WipeOut game, but I've been wanting this exact thing for years. Fuck yes.

The only way they can fuck this up (not really but) is to NOT include this incredible intro.

https://youtu.be/bNq8lqUhoV0

I'm concerned that they mightn't because, afaik, it wasn't rendered higher than 720p originally, and HD/Fury don't have an equivalent intro cinematic. Whoever is porting these, pllleeaassee include this incredible movie! Begging you here!

I'm pretty sure it wasn't. Megaton if true though.

2048 wasn't on PS3 but HD did indeed run at 1080p60. Could never adapt to the Vita version of HD as the drop to 30fps (with dips) and dynamic resolution with a noticeable cut to visual quality was too much.

Daffy Duck

I never really played much HD on the PS3, no idea why really, having been a nut for 1 and 2097 way back I will be buying this collection for sure and spending time mastering it.

Lime

Fun fact. I never took the GAME website down. I saved all the albums as we produced them:

http://www.truantpixel.com/neogaf/game/site/page1.htm

And for those wondering what the hell we are talking about, here's an archive post from Engadget:

It actually got noticed by Sony Liverpool, who sent us pics of a craft liveried with the album logo:

H5V8Hxp.jpg

Ah, fun times.

wow that's an amazing story. Great to see some popular recognition of the great work you guys did!

Considering ps3 version was 1080p 60 fps

Wwhat to expect from ps4 and ps4 pro versions?
It wasn't 1080p all the time, dynamic resolution and all. Splitscreen ran 30fps I think. Knock both those to rock solid 1080p@60fps and us PS4 original owners will be happy.

As a wipEout fan though, I'd rather have a remaster of the original trilogy. The new games are fine, but they don't touch the PS1 games.

sinkfla87

Well it's better than Sony pretending this IP doesn't exist at least. Wipeout HD/Fury/2048 was the franchise at its absolute best, so this is nice.

I assume it would be a pukefest.

That's a pukefest I'm willing to partake in. I gotta give my VR more reason to boot up. I love 2048 so thanks Sony!

Top Bottom