• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT4| Victory achieved for Scamco, text defeated

Status
Not open for further replies.

2AdEPT

EpicNameBro is working on the Dark Souls 2 guide (a Future Press product distributed by Brady):
https://twitter.com/EpicNameBro/status/424703780362285058

Guess I have to get that too!

Me three I just clicked the pre-order....I drove to the states from Canada to get my beautiful guide when we had none up here...i got the last one in washington state the week of release. I highly recommend the hardcover guides (although I realize this one might be a different author.) I will get this one but will not study the walkthrough sections until after a few playthroughs. Will be nice to search stats on weapons though ect. and get the art along with it.

mannerbot

Yeah, I'm definitely gonna pick it up myself though I might not ever open it (and if I do, I won't be reading it before I finish the game). Future Press guides are god tier, and ENB worked on it too? That's too good to pass on.

Raxious

I just did that shit too. First try too, at around SL82 (might be 88 I can't remember). He's the first Lord Soul I got though. How are the other guys compared to him?

Seath was really easy tbh, especially if you have some stuff on like Paladin armor.

Defeated 4K ( So damn easy ). And now I'm trying to farm the titanite stuff to upgrade as much weapons I can before finishing this first playthrough. It's a shame I can't get a 2nd White Slab cause now I need to get one in playthrough 2 to get my Occult weapon to +5. O well, after my first playthrough all I gotta do is rush through the game 2x more :p

Arjen

Seath was really easy tbh, especially if you have some stuff on like Paladin armor.

Defeated 4K ( So damn easy ). And now I'm trying to farm the titanite stuff to upgrade as much weapons I can before finishing this first playthrough. It's a shame I can't get a 2nd White Slab cause now I need to get one in playthrough 2 to get my Occult weapon to +5. O well, after my first playthrough all I gotta do is rush through the game 2x more :p
There's an extra white slab in the DLC

Sioen

After slacking for a while I killed gaping dragon, was pretty easy. I'm supposed to go to blight town now? Not looking forward to it if so.

RedSwirl

So far I think the Duke's Archives has been my favorite area in terms of level design. Felt pretty similar to the Tower of Latria.

Ketch

ok guys I'm stuck in blight town. It's not that it's hard, it's just that I can't make it all the way through without getting toxic condition and then I just eventually run out of health and flasks.

Any helpful hints? what am I missing?

Sajjaja

ok guys I'm stuck in blight town. It's not that it's hard, it's just that I can't make it all the way through without getting toxic condition and then I just eventually run out of health and flasks.

Poison yourself and you're immune to toxification. It does less damage and doesn't last as long.

mannerbot

You can poison yourself with dung pies like Saj said so that you can't become toxic, or you can just find the snipers and kill them. They don't respawn.

sikkinixx

Wow Blightown runs like s.h.i.t. on PS3 goddamn. Is it the whole way or just during the initial upper levels?

Beat the Gaping Dragon with little to no trouble, again the Lightning Miracle doing nearly 400 damage 10 times almost killed him, then hacked away at him ass with my +5 Divine Claymore.

But advice wise... I've been doing a Faith heavy build, relying heavily on the lightning miracle, pyromancy and my +5 Divine Claymore/Katana but I also have a +10 Halbred, which I really like as well. Is this a good course to be following? I know they will scale with my faith as it levels but I haven't put anything in Dex/Str since I got them to the levels I need (14/16), only in Endurance, Vitality and Faith.

Wow Blightown runs like s.h.i.t. on PS3 goddamn. Is it the whole way or just during the initial upper levels?

Beat the Gaping Dragon with little to no trouble, again the Lightning Miracle doing nearly 400 damage 10 times almost killed him, then hacked away at him ass with my +5 Divine Claymore.

But advice wise... I've been doing a Faith heavy build, relying heavily on the lightning miracle, pyromancy and my +5 Divine Claymore/Katana but I also have a +10 Halbred, which I really like as well. Is this a good course to be following? I know they will scale with my faith as it levels but I haven't put anything in Dex/Str since I got them to the levels I need (14/16), only in Endurance, Vitality and Faith.
It runs like that the whole way through Blighttown. Try getting invaded whilst having two summoned phantoms, put on some old timey chase music for the full effect!

If you're going faith build and like it, just keep going, your faith weapons and miracles will scale damage dealt with your faith level and you get access to some fun, tasty miracles down the road. - One you can get now with no effort is offer 10 Sunlight medals at the Sunlight altar and get a stronger lightning spear, requires 30 faith to use.

You can farm purple blooming moss clumps to cure toxic from the tree enemies in Darkroot Forest, or buy them from the female merchant. It's always a good idea to stock up on a few and the regular puple moss (for poison) before heading down to Blighttown (not that you would know that on a first run, just saying!)

The Spider Shield blocks those toxic darts if you have it (there's a couple lootable in the game - one in the Depths - and Bandits start with it). If you get toxic, the best thing to do is don't panic and just make it a priority to kill the fucker that got you even if you die, they don't respawn. And as Sajjaja and mannerbot said - the ogre enemies drop dung pies, you can throw these to toxic enemies which also infects yourself, but the strain of toxic from these is much slower and milder than the toxic dart dudes. Honestly it's easier to use a purple blooming moss!

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Just escaped the Painted World Of Aramais. Just about time, was almost out of Blooming Moss.
Really cool area. Unexpected entrance as well. Those raven gal's are really annoying, though.
I doubt i've got or done everything I can there, but what the heck. Already plundered lot's of cool loot that's never going to be used. I'll return later.
That's possible, right? Is there a point of no return for certain area's in this game?

King Jeremiah was a bit of a basterd and his sudden appereance scared the crap outta me. I'm hardly ever human. Decided to look pretty for a while and see what it got me.
Well, a lot of souls, but those fire attacks where pretty scary.

Level 68, Sir Wally is slowly turning into a badass.
So far, i'm liking Anor Londo. Especially how it looks. :)

15 hours in and I'm finally starting to make some progress with this game. Beat the Capra Demon and Butterfly boss within about 20 minutes of each other last night, then proceeded to lose all those souls from Capra Demon somehow. I kind of feel like I know what I'm doing now, and it's getting a bit all consuming. I could have played this game for hours on end yesterday, but I had to stop myself (more accurately, my gf had to stop me). I don't know if I'm far enough in to really contribute anything to this thread, but this game seems well worth the $5 I paid for it.

Raxious

Man, I'm going like a beast.

Got all but the magic weapon trophy, and got all weapons to +10 that are needed for the weapon trophies. Got all the normal weapons as well, so the only weapons left for the rare weapons achievement are those I still need with the Souls.

Got all the sorceries and pyromancies and only need 2 more miracles. One from Darkmoon Rank +1, the other by turning in Gwyn's Soul at the Sunlight covenant.

Now I'm just gonna farm some souls, and the items needed for Darkmoon so I can lvl that stuff up in NG+.

After that I'm gonna go through the DLC.

How did I miss the two Crystal Lizards in the Catacombs until now? o_O
Watching Jeff's stream I saw him fall through under an area just to the right of the Necromancer end of the first bridge - I know the area by the bridge, but have never dropped through there. Crazy!

sikkinixx

It runs like that the whole way through Blighttown. Try getting invaded whilst having two summoned phantoms, put on some old timey chase music for the full effect!

If you're going faith build and like it, just keep going, your faith weapons and miracles will scale damage dealt with your faith level and you get access to some fun, tasty miracles down the road. - One you can get now with no effort is offer 10 Sunlight medals at the Sunlight altar and get a stronger lightning spear, requires 30 faith to use.

/QUOTE]

Cool thanks. I don't think I can get enough sunlight medals in one play through though? Thought I read that online somewhere. I only have two right now.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Also in the category 'never seen this before': I'm watching Klepek's stream and he's at the dlc. He got to an area where some of the scarecrow guys were actually clipping trees with their scissors... so cool

Inskipp

What's the general consensus on Murakumo? I'm creating a quality build-ish type of a character, and this weapon seems highly appealing for it, stat-wise.

fozzy

I've managed to get back to where I gave up on 360 version (on PC now) Darkroot Gardens I think it's called.

Massive stone men that slow you down with spells. This is just ridiculous lol.

Blinck

YES!!

Fucking did it! Ornstein and Smough on my soul level 1 run !! No pyromancy, just my trusty fire battle axe !!

What a great fight. Man, this game can really put you in the zone sometimes!! Love it !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom