• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT4| The leaks are coming from inside the white house

Status
Not open for further replies.

numble

wutwutwut

It's pretty obvious that Trump has committed at least some crimes that Mueller is digging up, yeah? I can't imagine a universe in which Trump isn't involved in countless shady deals.

It's pretty obvious that Trump has committed at least some crimes that Mueller is digging up, yeah? I can't imagine a universe in which Trump isn't involved in countless shady deals.
If Trump isn't guilty as sin, he's the most guilty-looking innocent person in history. Like literally everything he and his team does - the incessant lying, persistent refusal to release tax returns, the firing of Comey and consideration of firing Mueller & pardoning everyone... only makes sense if there is a very serious underlying crime (or crimes) he's trying to cover up.

The US as an experiment will have failed completely if any ruling on self-pardons at the supreme court wasn't 9-0 against. Start over from scratch, and make it even more obvious than last time that we're not being a monarchy/oligarchy/dictatorship and that the president is "just a citizen" not above the law because that was the largely the damn point originally. We'd also look like even bigger idiots internationally, but at that point who really cares?

wutwutwut

If Trump isn't guilty as sin, he's the most guilty-looking innocent person in history. Like literally everything he and his team does - the incessant lying, persistent refusal to release tax returns, the firing of Comey and consideration of firing Mueller & pardoning everyone... only makes sense if there is a very serious underlying crime (or crimes) he's trying to cover up.
Honestly, even discounting his behavior recently (which I agree makes him guilty as hell) I cannot believe a real estate baron in New York doesn't have enough dirt on him to make FinCEN go after him.

The US as an experiment will have failed completely if any ruling on self-pardons at the supreme court wasn't 9-0 against. Start over from scratch, and make it even more obvious than last time that we're not being a monarchy/oligarchy/dictatorship and that the president is "just a citizen" not above the law because that was the largely the damn point originally. We'd also look like even bigger idiots internationally, but at that point who really cares?

I mean, here's the thing - Alito & Roberts have no loyalty to Trump. Thomas may be crazy, but he's at least consistently crazy. OTOH, Gorsuch.

I can totally see an 8-1 initial vote that Gorsuch gets talked into making a 9-0 vote for his own survival.

JettDash

Trump might be dumb enough to act guilty even if he really isn't. Like maybe he thought that the Russia investigation was a nothingburger but still in the news way too much and hurting his presidency because of Comey, so he fires Comey thinking that it would make it all go away. And now the same thing with Mueller, except worse. And he thinks maybe he can make it go away forever if he fires Mueller and pardons everyone.

Ok, I don't actually believe that, but who knows with that stupid fuck.

I mean, here's the thing - Alito & Roberts have no loyalty to Trump. Thomas may be crazy, but he's at least consistently crazy. OTOH, Gorsuch.

I can totally see an 8-1 initial vote that Gorsuch gets talked into making a 9-0 vote for his own survival.

I see no reason to believe that Gorsuch would really even consider being personally loyal to Trump on something like this. He has a lifetime appointment and probably understands perfectly well what a piece of shit Trump is.

Y'all got way too much faith in WOKE Thomas.

And LOL Alito.

And before you tell me, "Bu-bu-but justices respect the Constitution," remember that Scalia was only an "originalist" insofar as he could use the Constitution to fuck minorities whose rights were not "originally" enshrined in it.

JettDash

Y'all got way too much faith in WOKE Thomas.

And LOL Alito.

And before you tell me, "Bu-bu-but justices respect the Constitution," remember that Scalia was only an "originalist" insofar as he could use the Constitution to fuck minorities whose rights were not "originally" enshrined in it.

I think they would be aware that ruling that a president can pardon himself would also apply to any future Democratic presidents. I kinda doubt they would be willing to go for that to protect Donald freaking Trump.

pigeon

Banned
I think they would be aware that ruling that a president can pardon himself would also apply to any future Democratic presidents. I kinda doubt they would be willing to go for that to protect Donald freaking Trump.

At the point at which Donald Trump is pardoning himself for working with the Russians to subvert our election and Congress and SCOTUS are both signing off on it, it's kind of time to stop expecting there to be Democratic presidents.

At the point at which Donald Trump is pardoning himself for working with the Russians to subvert our election and Congress and SCOTUS are both signing off on it, it's kind of time to stop expecting there to be Democratic presidents.

We have not reached this hypothetical.

And we won't reach it because SCOTUS won't allow it. I merely said that the ruling would not be unanimous. Alito and WOKE Thomas have given us no reason to trust them over the last twenty-five and ten years, respectively, and Gorsuch is a stooge.

It'll be 5-4 or 6-3, depending on how Kennedy and Roberts vote.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Make it very annoying but appealing to commoners by putting an apostrophe where it doesn't belong:

A Future for Poor's

Pyrokai

I feel you, but don't let it drive you crazy. There's a lot of time between now and then and it's just one study.

That's just one poll based on how people are feeling right now. A lot can and will happen between now and November 2018. And I highly doubt things will get better for Trump.

These are the types of comments, even though small, that make a difference in my daily life. Thank you.

dramatis

Guys, if you were good at this you would be getting paid

What would be winning for me right now is the political party that can control the weather and banish this goddamn humidity and heat from the east coast

Diablos

Guys, if you were good at this you would be getting paid

What would be winning for me right now is the political party that can control the weather and banish this goddamn humidity and heat from the east coast
The humidity has been reallllly bad over the past several days.

TcQ8PJy.png

We got this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom