• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale gone gold ; final boss revealed

Gadirok

I still feel weird about Gravity Rush being free. It's a new IP that I want to do really well, but now people aren't really gonna buy it anymore. Having Uncharted and another game would have been preferable, or even making Gravity Rush discounted

I wasn't planning on buying Gravity Rush so its no problem for me. I bought WipEout, even though several people mentioned it might go for free in November. I bought it anyways because its worth it, it was only $15 anyways.

But it explains why most retailers in my neighbourhood has them selling for $10 recently ( a few weeks ago).

As for Uncharted:golden abyss, I think that was uncalled for but a good move on Sony's part. It is kind of strange though because before blops2 it was the most expensive game on the vita library for $49.99 so to see it go from that price with few sales straight to free on plus is weird.

Then again, Sony has been acting awfully generous with the collections line for PS3 and the instant game collection for plus. Its strange, since I don't think however much they gain from plus would have helped them out for the amount they could have gained through selling those retail titles.

I don't know how they manage this or if its profitable? Does anyone know?

Jawmuncher

So out of all my friends apparently no one even gives a damn about this game.
it's a shame really since I was really wanting to have some fun in local MP.
Since even though it's different than brawl the idea is there and I know we'd have a lot of fun playing. Hopefully when I bring the game over when i'm back during the holidays I can sway their opinion.

Tsunamo

Presumably they are 2 different downloads that both unlock in your account after midnight.
That's how Sound Shapes worked. Buy one version and the other appears on your account/download list, so I'd imagine it would work the same way with the digital version of All-Stars.
So out of all my friends apparently no one even gives a damn about this game.
it's a shame really since I was really wanting to have some fun in local MP.
Since even though it's different than brawl the idea is there and I know we'd have a lot of fun playing. Hopefully when I bring the game over when i'm back during the holidays I can sway their opinion.
I'm having trouble convincing alot of my friends aswell.

I've got a couple on board, because they're big Playstation fans and like Smash Bros, but the others don't know most of the characters too well, (they're mostly Nintendo/PC gamers) so it's hard to get them on board and excited for All-Stars. I'm hoping after they try it they'll see how fun it is and enjoy it like they do when we play Smash Bros, but time will tell.

As fun as offline multiplayer is with friends though I'm really glad this has good/decent netcode, the online scene should be pretty active for All-Stars with multiplayer being fun, and it running good (most of the time anyway)

Jawmuncher

That's how Sound Shapes worked. Buy one version and the other appears on your account/download list, so I'd imagine it would work the same way with the digital version of All-Stars. I'm having trouble convincing alot of my friends aswell.

I've got a couple on board, because they're big Playstation fans and like Smash Bros, but the others don't know most of the characters too well, (they're mostly Nintendo/PC gamers) so it's hard to get them on board and excited for All-Stars. I'm hoping after they try it they'll see how fun it is and enjoy it like they do when we play Smash Bros, but time will tell.

As fun as offline multiplayer is with friends though I'm really glad this has good/decent netcode, the online scene should be pretty active for All-Stars with multiplayer being fun, and it running good/ (most of the time anyway)

Yeah I have a feeling in the end i'll be pulling in a lot of Online.
Especially here on GAF once the OT gets going.

Lothars

I think I am in for the digital version of this on PS3, I believe I read that it comes with the Vita version on the digital copy as well but can anyone confirm?

No specifics though from the sound of things the Vita version is indeed just added as a seperate download when the PS3 game is purchased.

I'm under the impression that like with the disc game, you'll download the PS3 game, go into it and download the Vita game from in there somewhere

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Bought my pre order on the PSN. A big message comes up saying to come back any time after 12:01 EST to download the game
Also the page for the game on the PSN store is tight
Also when you pre order you get an exclusive theme for your PS3 that is awesome!

Damn, I have a pre-order with Amazon, but I may have to go digital, because I can't see myself not having this in my PS3/Vita at all times.

I'll probably wait a few more days, to see if some stores get it early. If not, I will switch my pre-order from Amazon to PSN. I'm expecting I may be able to snag it by Friday, though.

Damn, I have a pre-order with Amazon, but I may have to go digital, because I can't see myself not having this in my PS3/Vita at all times.

I'll probably wait a few more days, to see if some stores get it early. If not, I will switch my pre-order from Amazon to PSN. I'm expecting I may be able to snag it by Friday, though.

I thought about it, but ultimately decided in the long run I just wanted to go digital with this game. Perfect game to always have on my system at all times.
And for sure getting the game at midnight isn't a half bad deal either

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
That's the end part of the level we want to see the beginning because its basically two ISA intruders beside each other flying in the air.

iYyT0GzVCLIqc.gif

I really, really enjoyed battling on this stage. So far, it's one of my top favorites, along with the Loco Roco stage.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I still feel weird about Gravity Rush being free. It's a new IP that I want to do really well, but now people aren't really gonna buy it anymore. Having Uncharted and another game would have been preferable, or even making Gravity Rush discounted

It's already been confirmed to be getting a sequel, so I'm assuming it made enough of a profit for Sony to offer it up as a freebie on Plus.

Additionally, what would be more important to Sony, offering up a discount for a game who's sales have probably peaked, to existing Vita owners, or offer it as part of a huge incentive for people that don't own Vita's to finally pick one up, plus PS Plus? Looking at that other thread, these 5 free games have pushed a lot of people into finally buying a Vita.

Not only that but look at the exposure gravity rush will get now. Makes a sequel more appealing to more people.

And helps dlc sales for this game, right? RIGHT!?!?!?

This has probably been mentioned already, but IGN will be having a livestream at 2pm pacific.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/09/ign-live-presents-playstation-all-stars-battle-royale

I can't see this game getting lower than a 8.0 on IGN because IGN seems to be the most prominent previewer of this game and they seem to enjoy it.

Oh and what the hell are they going to live stream?? I hope it's just VS mode and whatnot. I dont' really want to see how the full final build looks pertaining to other modes such as Arcade, combat trials and any other goodies that's in the game.

Man the game is SOOOOOOOOO CLOSE i can just SMELL it! I haven't been this hype for a game since UC3 last year and Brawl years before.

B.O.O.M

Yeah a game like this can do wonders for lesser knows IPs...sony should and most probably will bundle the shit out of this game with time

Vysetron

Neo Member
Oh and what the hell are they going to live stream?? I hope it's just VS mode and whatnot. I dont' really want to see how the full final build looks pertaining to other modes such as Arcade, combat trials and any other goodies that's in the game.

I'm just hoping they archive it. I won't be able to watch at work.

I'm... I'm actually thinking of going digital with this now... I have it pre-ordered on amazon right now but the post usually doesn't get me my package till almost 5-6 at night. Thats not good enough with this game.

And if this will truly be available at 12:01... then I can set it for download and it should be done by the time I get home from work.

But the collector in my that likes physical media is screaming at me.... ARHG!

I'm... I'm actually thinking of going digital with this now... I have it pre-ordered on amazon right now but the post usually doesn't get me my package till almost 5-6 at night. Thats not good enough with this game.

And if this will truly be available at 12:01... then I can set it for download and it should be done by the time I get home from work.

Honestly I'd buy it digital also if I can get it at 12:01 but the chances of me getting it slightly earlier at Gamestop plus the addition of having the physical game is keeping me from jumping over the fence.

Vysetron

Neo Member
Don't worry they always do, you will be able to find it in their channel at youtube or their website.

Great, thanks!

Also, still gonna get my physical version. I like downloads as much as the next guy, but I don't feel like buying a big ass Vita memory card right now.

Honestly I'd buy it digital also if I can get it at 12:01 but the chances of me getting it slightly earlier at Gamestop plus the addition of having the physical game is keeping me from jumping over the fence.

Oh! I also have that $20 I got back from October... Well... I guess that settles that.

If this doesn't come out at 12:01.... I swear to god Grace Chen!... :mad:

SmithnCo

Yeah, my mail comes late too, sometimes around 7 PM. So I'm probably going digital unless a lot of people start selling it days early in the US.

Ideally I would've loved to have that steelbook but since that isn't an option, digital seems like the best route for me.

Drencrom

Game pre-ordered, hopefully i'll get it delivered home a day earlier like i usually do.

There have been rumors that all new copies have the bonuses but no confirmation on that one afaik.

It's probably true, the retailer i pre-ordered from isn't one of those retailers and i'll get a costume code through email on the release date.

So what's the official word on the street date? Is there a hard street date? Best buy told me they have it in stock but it came in a street dated box so no sale.

Top Bottom