• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hillary Clinton publishing book about 2016 election in Sept titled "What Happened"

Draxal

In an ideal world, this book wouldn't exist. In a slightly less ideal but still pretty good world, it should consist of one page:

"I lost the election and then moved on with my life. You should too. Let's focus on 2018 and 2020"

The End

To be honest, I lean righter then most here and not happy with the presidency.

But I'm really interested in the story, we know there's situations where Bill wanted her to reach out to the boonies and not just the cities, and I want to see if.

a. She thought she couldn't connect. b. just didn't think it was worth the effort.

Her story deserves to be told.

Fury451

Banned
I'm not sure if I should read that title with the inflection of it being a matter of fact explanation, or like someone who's just gotten a concussion

Yea that stupid fucking bitch. She should have known that America doesn't want some stupid old hag nerd running the country, they want a mans man! She should have learned how to smile so that she doesn't always look like a fake bitch all the time. Just another fake democrat like Peloci, who is also an aging hag that needs to go and make room for the true future of the party that also lost, but they know how to look real and not fake!

buddy you really gotta change that avatar.

kmfdmpig

Yeah at the same point in time, if you have to accommodate to the racist, homophobic, intolerant, shit trump base, you might as well give up the rest of your humanity.

It's not that she was wrong, but that it's a stupid thing to say. There are lots of hard truths that politicians could say to American voters, but don't/shouldn't. If she had won the election then those deplorable people wouldn't have such power.

Maybe the title should be "when Trump supporters literally photoshop pictures of Jewish journalists' kids into pictures of concentration camp gas chambers I'm going to call them out as deplorable."

To be honest, I lean righter then most here and not happy with the presidency.

But I'm really interested in the story, we know there's situations where Bill wanted her to reach out to the boonies and cities, and I want to see if.

a. She thought she couldn't connect.

Her story deserves to be told.

I wouldn't mind her take on this at some point. But not now. Between the way our president acts and the way the general populace behaves you'd think the damn 2016 elections were still going on. We don't need even more fuel thrown on the fire to motivate us to re-litigate the election.

It's not that she was wrong, but that it's a stupid thing to say. There are lots of hard truths that politicians could say to American voters, but don't/shouldn't. If she had won the election then those deplorable people wouldn't have such power.

Hillary Clinton: Either Not Real Enough or Way Too Real

SHE LOST TO TRUMP. GTFO lady, no one wants to hear your shit. She should be reminded of losing to Trump for the rest of her days. She's the political equivalent of Bill Buckner!

Watch Trump get re-elected in 2020.

You can put a lot of blame on her, but when half the electorate ended up voting for that orange monster, I think the blame can be shared around...

First page and this thread is pure venom already.

I'm disappointed, but not surprised.

Hillary gets people triggered like no one else - so much so that the term Hillary Derangement Syndrome has actually been coined for it.

So many people fail to realize that they've internalized twenty-five years of right-wing propaganda depicting her as the Wicked Witch of the West.

I mean, I don't think she isn't entitled to writing something like this, but couldn't this have waited until we're at least no longer actively living through the ramifications of her loss? Couldn't you write this and shelve it for 4 years or so? Just feels a little tone-deaf to me, idk.

Not when she needs to get out the narrative that she was robbed so she can try again in 2020. Hillary Clinton, the gift that keeps giving to the Republicans.

Yeah at the same point in time, if you have to accommodate to the racist, homophobic, intolerant, shit trump base, you might as well give up the rest of your humanity.
Her image was already that of an elitest, acting like some condescending nerd did not help her.

ItIsOkBro

chapter 1: comey
chapter 2: the media
chapter 3: bernie bros
chapter 4: electoral collage
closing chapter: not my fault

giphy.webp

Fuck everyone who is piling on Hillary. I was never a huge fan of her and she does not seem like a great person, but making her a skapegoat for what happened during last election in my book is pure misogyny. She is no different than any other politician so I'm sure that all the shit she is getting is simply of her gender. McCain who was destroyed by Obama during elections is still hailed as hero while Hillary is seen as pure evil.

Also this gives an excuse to all the racist assholes who voted for Trump. "no I'm not racist, he is just better than Hillary" (cough) "woman what?"

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't realise she was that short of money. She could have just asked, I'm good for $27.

TheRed

Would be nice if she can straight up call out the rampant systemic sexism that is still a huge factor in American politics. If she'd done less than half the bad things Trump has she would be roasted and crucified. But for Trump he was just given the most powerful job in the country as a reward.

But of course she still can't complain because that would make her a "whiny
bitch" or "dumb PC SJW" precisely because of that double standard. Meanwhile Trump whines like a baby everyday even after he got the job .

is this where she explains how by her spinelessly going along with the War on Terror and Patriot act and a full decade of anti-Muslim pro-violence foreign policy she inadvertently created the perfect atmosphere for a Donald Trump to thrive?

of course not that would require a modicum of self awareness.

midramble

Pizza, Bourbon, and Thanos
I tired of her feeling obligated to hold back. Enduring years of character assassination while trying to take the high road.

I hope she really levels here. Though she can still help from the background she deserves to be heard.

Also wonder if she'll call back to the run against Obama as well for comparison.

rjinaz

I think this is way too early. But then again at least it s not close to an election.

Otherwise I have no problem with it. Should be interesting.

MC Safety

Hillary Clinton patronized Americans, she insulted them, and she ignored them.

Americans returned the favor by spitting her out of their mouths as they would lukewarm water.

I'm glad Hillary is going to get slightly richer off the backs of the public she maybe should have served. Maybe it will fuel her new, best effort: Retirement.

Fuck everyone who is piling on Hillary. I was never a huge fan of her and she does not seem like a great person, but making her a skapegoat for what happened during last election in my book is pure misogyny. She is no different than any other politician so I'm sure that all the shit she is getting is simply of her gender. McCain who was destroyed by Obama during elections is still hailed as hero while Hillary is seen as pure evil.

Also this gives an excuse to all the racist assholes who voted for Trump. "no I'm not racist, he is just better than Hillary" (cough) "woman what?"
If there is one person who is most responsible for giving us President Trump (besides him of course) it is her. Obviously there are tons of factors, but she gets most of the blame. That is the burden you take on when deciding to run for President.

That'd be a book better authored by White America.

I get you, not placing any blame on minorities that's for sure.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
If it's coming out so quickly, it must've been started soon after she lost.

I'm guessing writing this was partly therapeutic for her.

Preezy

Her gender has no bearing on my opinion that when she saw the election results coming in she should have jumped out a fucking window.

Hillary Clinton patronized Americans, she insulted them, and she ignored them.

Americans returned the favor by spitting her out of their mouths as they would lukewarm water.

I'm glad Hillary is going to get slightly richer off the backs of the public she maybe should have served. Maybe it will fuel her new, best effort: Retirement.
this level of Hillary hate is irrational and baseless

Top Bottom