• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Looks like all digital PSP / PSone games work on Vita now [Not Anymore]

Daigr

No. It would be awesome if that was the case, but it isn't.

The only way to have games from multiple regions on the Vita is to have multiple memory cards (one card per region), and then go through a process of factory resetting the Vita each time you swap cards,
Thanks I have 2 cards but the process is annoying, wasn't sure if psp/ps1 were excempt. Only tried the ps3 transfer with Jp vita demos and was not successful.

Would like Breath of Fire 3 and the EA compilation with Road Rash on my vita. Not to mention dozens of ps1 games on jp psn.

putermcgee

The one PS1 game (Thrasher), and the one PSP game (Lumines) I want to play are probably never going to be released digitally. What a cruel world.

RK128

Hay Gaf, I'm just wondering with the Vita now being able to play all of the PSP and PS1 digital library, what games are the best? I put 20 bucks in my account (only cost 16 bucks thanks to Sony Rewards :)) and am aware of some of the games (Motor Storm Arctic Edge, GT PSP, Twisted Metal Head On, MGS Portable Ops and many others).

The thing is, I sadly really didn't get into Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 on Vita (got the HD collection a while back) and aren't the fimilar with the JRPG genera. What recommendations does Gaf recommend while the flood gates are still open? Any suggestions would be nice :).

Hay Gaf, I'm just wondering with the Vita now being able to play all of the PSP and PS1 digital library, what games are the best? I put 20 bucks in my account (only cost 16 bucks thanks to Sony Rewards :)) and am aware of some of the games (Motor Storm Arctic Edge, GT PSP, Twisted Metal Head On, MGS Portable Ops and many others).

The thing is, I sadly really didn't get into Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 on Vita (got the HD collection a while back) and aren't the fimilar with the JRPG genera. What recommendations does Gaf recommend while the flood gates are still open? Any suggestions would be nice :).

There's a thread for this if you want

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=806265

koutoru

What's the upscaling like? Would love to play Symphony of the Night and such on a Vita but I'm on the fence.
Playing Parasite Eve, the upscaling is pretty good after a little tweaking to the screen size.

You can also set a custom screen size (I suggest keeping the same aspect ratio).

RK128

I ended up getting Rock Band Unplugged Lite and the MotorStorm/Twisted Metal Double Pack (not a bad deal for 20 bucks :)). Considering all the phrase Gaf has given these games (notably Twisted Metal and Motor Storm Arctic Edge), I hope I have lots of fun with them :).

So happy Vita owners can play much more PSP and PS1 content on our Vita's; the system just makes playing these games all the more satisfying with the amazing screen and re-mappable buttons. Outside of maybe a game or two, glad I got all the games I wanted just encase this flood gate Sony opened up closes (there was a reason why these games didn't work on Vita before :().

JoRo

Sony Rewards is awesome. I buy tons of stuff off PSN store so being rewarded for my purchases is nice. I'm awaiting a $20 PSN card in the mail. :)

It also helps that where I work I get 10% off most everything, so the $50 PSN cards only cost me $45, but I still get the full $50 value from the card. Add to the fact that I always wait for "flash sales" or PS+ deals, and I'm netting tons of games and content for very little. Can't wait to shop around for some PSOne/PSP titles now. Been making a list after seeing so many people praise certain games. I'm really tempted by Gladiator Begins, that one looks pretty cool and I think I've heard a lot of people talk good about it.

RK128

I didn't realize you could do points + cash on sonyrewards. good tip!

You do that by using the points you already have (there is a minimum of 250 points for 10+ dollar items) + money you have on your credit card; I got a 10 Dollar Code from the site (about 400 points + 6 bucks in credit) and took out an additional 10 bucks via Fund Withdrawal. It is nice to finally use Sony Rewards again after loosing access to my account for so long (long story :().

Uh oh. Did Sony "fix" this now? I just purchased Jeane D'Arc, Daxter and Motorstorm: AE from the SEN online store. But now I can't download JD'A or Motorstorm from the Vita's download list. Plus, all of the games that I could download to it before -- including the Spyro and Crash games, along with Um Jammer Lammy -- are no longer downloadable.

God damn it. At least I can use a PS3 to get my copy of JD'A...

Uh oh. Did Sony "fix" this now? I just purchased Jeane D'Arc, Daxter and Motorstorm: AE from the SEN online store. But now I can't download JD'A or Motorstorm from the Vita's download list. Plus, all of the games that I could download to it before -- including the Spyro and Crash games, along with Um Jammer Lammy -- are no longer downloadable.

Not on my end in NA. Spyro: Ripto's Rage is still downloadable as well as the Peace Walker demo(those were the two games I tested when this popped up).

RK128

That's just odd, as I just got Motorstorm, Rock Band PSP and Twisted Metal (around 11ish) and all installed perfectly...maybe you should try downloading the games via web store (as the download button once clicked gives you the option to download the games to your PS3/PSP/Vita).

You could try re-booting your Vita and seeing if that fixes your problem. I had a feeling this crap would happen; Sony closing the flood gates :(. At least you got the games on your account (plus the fact Daxter works natively on Vita :)).

Edit: Just checked my Download history and it still has the Crash/Spryo games, Pac-Man CE Mini, Twisted Metal, Motorstorm, and other normal non-compatible PS1/PSP games are still working... I think its just your Vita :l.

That's just odd, as I just got Motorstorm, Rock Band PSP and Twisted Metal (around 11ish) and all installed perfectly...maybe you should try downloading the games via web store (as the download button once clicked gives you the option to download the games to your PS3/PSP/Vita).

You could try re-booting your Vita and seeing if that fixes your problem. I had a feeling this crap would happen; Sony closing the flood gates :(. At least you got the games on your account (plus the fact Daxter works natively on Vita :)).

I tried rebooting my Vita -- I've watched too much IT Crowd not to! :) -- and I'm not sure what you mean by the web store. Like, the SEN store? I doubt that would work, as the Vita isn't listed as compatible for those games either.

KalBalboa

Banned
I tried rebooting my Vita -- I've watched too much IT Crowd not to! :) -- and I'm not sure what you mean by the web store. Like, the SEN store? I doubt that would work, as the Vita isn't listed as compatible for those games either.

Try via your PC and see. You might luck out- the download list there might help.

winjet81

Everything I bought is still downloadable for me... and I'm in Canada.

Burnout Legends, Battlefront II and Lococroco 2 are all downloading as I post this message.

are you fucking shitting me? they can't actually giveth and taketh away.....shu, say it ain't so.

edit: just checked my download list, "vita" is still listed as available for download. WHEW. they better not go back on this.

RK128

Once you click the download icon, it will give you the option between downloading the game to your PS3, PS Vita, and PSP. It gave me that option when I got my games :l. I'm really sorry man, we can finally play these great games...and then Sony again doesn't let us play them. Good luck man :(.

Once you click the download icon, it will give you the option between downloading the game to your PS3, PS Vita, and PSP. It gave me that option when I got my games :l. I'm really sorry man, we can finally play these great games...and then Sony again doesn't let us play them. Good luck man :(.

Nope, option's not there.

RK128

Nope, option's not there.

...I don't get it; my account still has that feature with the non-compatible games, so you should have that option to. Someone better explain this, as many people got PS1/PSP games expecting them to work on Vita and now that isn't the case....people will be pissed :(.

...I don't get it; my account still has that feature with the non-compatible games, so you should have that option to. Someone better explain this, as many people got PS1/PSP games expecting them to work on Vita and now that isn't the case....people will be pissed :(.

I can grab a screenshot if you don't believe me. Not that you don't, but if it works for you I can see how you may think the issue is BKAC :).

RK128

I can grab a screenshot if you don't believe me. Not that you don't, but if it works for you I can see how you may think the issue is BKAC :).

No I believe you man :)! I can see Sony pulling this with there customers, as these games weren't compatible with the Vita before, so them granting it to everything is very unrealistic.

You should post a picture though, as you may be the first of many cases of people loosing access to their games to work on Vita.

SEN:

psnissueslbljj.png

Vita:

psvscreenshot2jxve.jpg

What is going on?

I'm worried - I still need to buy MGS1 & Silent Hill 1 for Vita, but can't until the weekend.

Thank goodness I got Motorstorm, CB 2, SW:TFU and Gran Turismo when I did - if Sony really is shutting down this influx :(

You guys are scaring me. Just bought Umjammer Lammy just in case lol.

So I kind of asked this before but I should be more specific. I'm interested in LoK: Blood Omen but mostly for the story. Does it hold up well enough to make a playthrough for that purpose worth it? Or should I just watch a Let's Play of it?

RK128

Games/demos are no longer downloadable on mine too. WTF Sony?

edit: I'm in the US

...I don't get it, my Vita still has my PS1/PSP games/demos able to download, and its not like Sony would do this so soon; people are buying PSP/PS1 games and giving money to the liscence owners/Sony. They would be stupid to remove these games from peoples Vita's.

If the floodgates are really closing, Sony is going to have LOTS of fun dealing with the very angry Vita audience :l.

RK128

What is going on?

I'm worried - I still need to buy MGS1 & Silent Hill 1 for Vita, but can't until the weekend.

Thank goodness I got Motorstorm, CB 2, SW:TFU and Gran Turismo when I did - if Sony really is shutting down this influx :(

If you own a PS3 you can transfer Silent Hill and Metal Gear Solid to your Vita via PS3 to Vita transfer.

Edgeward

Troubling news. I'm glad I got the essentials that I really wanted as soon as I found out now. I hope they re-open the gates and make it official, cause now we know that many of them work.

Drago

Is there a list anywhere of all the PSP games on US PSN that were previously undownloadable on US Vitas? Besides demos.

edit: shit
at least I already got my Crash and Spyro games on memory :X

Top Bottom