• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Looks like all digital PSP / PSone games work on Vita now [Not Anymore]

wilflare

It was the first result in Google images.

Here you go.

wii-classic-controller-20061118030321009.jpg

My point still stands though, The second set of shoulder buttons are in the same place.

the lack of the L2/R2 isn't that big a problem... right? :X
having a missing right analog stick is a bigger issue

Kolma

How would you even use that? Did any games use that or was it never meant to be like the mystery port in the Vita 1000

was just meant to hold the wii remote while you used the classic controller.
An official shell was never released as there were VERY few games that used both the remote and classic controller together.
Some let you use the pointer while selecting with a button on classic.
DBZ Budokai tenkaichi 2 let you play on classic controller while wii remote still rumbled

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I need to quickly appear the screen protector so I can start on this...
argh but I'm horrible at them ><

You can use the left stick to scroll down the download list, and click I download buttons using the X button. That's what I was doing yesterday when lots of games were near the bottom of my list, and each time I downloaded one, it reset me to the start of the list.

I don't know if this has been mentioned earlier but I found a game that doesn't work, the PAL version of Command & Conquer. It encounters an error during the install and that's as far as it'll go.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
This is all fun, but what would be really impressive is giving us more games. Look at the Japanese PSOne list for example. It'd be nice to read the name of a game on here and know you can buy it - not wonder if it is only on the US store for instance.

Kolma

This is all fun, but what would be really impressive is giving us more games. Look at the Japanese PSOne list for example. It'd be nice to read the name of a game on here and know you can buy it - not wonder if it is only on the US store for instance.

Would love if Incredible Crisis was on the store though probably wouldn't buy it.
Already own on retail disc and not much reason to replay it/kill my Vita on elevator minigame.

Honey Bunny

Check your key bindings in the emulator settings. I believe L2 & R2 are defaulted to the back touchpad. If your fingers accidentally hit them in certain games, the controls stop responding.

You are a saint

I've also found the first game where the 'Disc load speed' feature seems to do something. Set to normal, the audio is a mess. Set to fast, the audio is slightly less of a mess.

DiscoJer

Any PSP games that are made infinitely better on Vita? Tempted to pick up some PSP games

Pretty much any game that used the face buttons for aiming (since they map to the second stick).

It's really amazing how well it works, it's a shame never released a PSP that had a second nub that did the same thing.

Kimppis

I just got my Vita a week ago, so I have a few questions:

So this means that I can just buy Burnout Legends from the website and then it will show up in Vita's download list? The game is now available in SEN EU store, but only for the PSP and it doesn't show when I browse the store on my Vita.

Does the Mega Drive Collection have save states?

Thanks!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I just got my Vita a week ago, so I have a few questions:

So this means that I can just buy Burnout Legends from the website and then it will show up in Vita's download list? The game is now available in SEN EU store, but only for the PSP and it doesn't show when I browse the store on my Vita.

Does the Mega Drive Collection have save states?

Thanks!

yes for burnout - I did it yesterday

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I was about to buy that Genesis collection, but 750mb? I'm space-poor and would want to keep that on there permanently.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I picked up Grandia on recommendation from this thread.

The game seems pretty good so far, but-

I'm not one to normally be into video game music... that said, the music in this game is goddamn incredible!

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Fired up wipeout pulse demo on the vita and man, Studio Liverpool did some black awesome magic with the psp. They are one of the main reasons i have not sold my psp.

You're going to play it, love it, and then hate that you can't buy it. :(

Nothing and I mean nothing and i will go on record with all of GAF and say nothing i will hate more than not being able to purchase crisis core and kingdom hearts digitally on my ps vita. Such an awful thing.

I picked up Grandia on recommendation from this thread.

The game seems pretty good so far, but-

I'm not one to normally be into video game music... that said, the music in this game is goddamn incredible!

God I love that game. Never beat it. But it was one of the first RPG's I played that had voice acting. That and Star Ocean The Second Story.

Fired up wipeout pulse demo on the vita and man, Studio Liverpool did some black awesome magic with the psp. They are one of the main reasons i have not sold my psp.

Nothing and I mean nothing and i will go on record with all of GAF and say nothing i will hate more than not being able to purchase crisis core and kingdom hearts digitally on my ps vita. Such an awful thing.

Pulse is 60fps on vita and pure fluctuates but mostly stays around 60fps.

It's a beautiful thing

sn00zer

Nothing and I mean nothing and i will go on record with all of GAF and say nothing i will hate more than not being able to purchase crisis core and kingdom hearts digitally on my ps vita. Such an awful thing

These were literally the first two things i searched for when I got my vita

Flandy

Not a word, it's crazy. You could even believe the theory that it's all unintended.

The only thing I could think of is that they might have renewed the licenses to include PSVita/PS4/PSNow but they maybe weren't planning to announce it until e3.
At least for PS1 games anyway. Doesn't explain why PSP games there were unavailable suddenly became available. Maybe PSP games are coming to PS4/PSNow as well?

Call me crazy...but nothing has changed for me.

Is this PS3 transfer only? I go the store (NA) on my vita and don't see any of the games people have been mentioning.

Call me crazy...but nothing has changed for me.

Is this PS3 transfer only? I go the store (NA) on my vita and don't see any of the games people have been mentioning.

That's because they're not on the store. Check your downloads history to retrieve them.

If you're looking to buy, check the PSN web store and buy from there - Then download it through your download history on your Vita.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Any PSP games that are made infinitely better on Vita? Tempted to pick up some PSP games

Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops. The camera was mapped to the dpad and you had to stop if you wanted to move the camera unless you wanted to hold it in some weird type of claw way or you had to rely on L to fix the camera.

Basically any game where the camera was mapped to the dpad is better on Vita.

CLEEK

Pulse is 60fps on vita and pure fluctuates but mostly stays around 60fps.

It's a beautiful thing

I was playing Pulse today on my train ride!

It's not 60fps, and isn't constant, dipping all the time on certain tracks. But it's certainly above the 30fps of the PSP original running on standard handheld. When the frame rate is solid, it's a lovely sight to behold, and smoother in action than 2048. And I hated the nub on the PSP, so always played games with the d-pad. Finally being able to use analogue controls for Wipeout is a massive bonus.

What I've found with PSP games running on Vita is the performance is the same as on a PSP running custom firmware that allows you to increase the CPU clock speed from 266MHz to 333MHz. This would give performance boost to loads of games. Sometimes minor, sometimes pretty noticeable.

Daigr

Alright sorry for the stupid question.

But can you download psp or ps1 games from other regions to ps3 then transfer to vita onto your own region account?

Just realised this means Europe can now play Mystic Chronicles (PSP) that Natsume released in January this year and was too stupid to patch in Vita compatibility.

I was playing Pulse today on my train ride!

It's not 60fps, and isn't constant, dipping all the time on certain tracks. But it's certainly above the 30fps of the PSP original running on standard handheld. When the frame rate is solid, it's a lovely sight to behold, and smoother in action than 2048. And I hated the nub on the PSP, so always played games with the d-pad. Finally being able to use analogue controls for Wipeout is a massive bonus.

What I've found with PSP games running on Vita is the performance is the same as on a PSP running custom firmware that allows you to increase the CPU clock speed from 266MHz to 333MHz. This would give performance boost to loads of games. Sometimes minor, sometimes pretty noticeable.

Oh Pulse dips too? Yeah I see what you mean about it running like an over clocked PSP.
Except on Vita I can actually see where I'm going on Pulse now lol

CLEEK

Alright sorry for the stupid question.

But can you download psp or ps1 games from other regions to ps3 then transfer to vita onto your own region account?

No. It would be awesome if that was the case, but it isn't.

The only way to have games from multiple regions on the Vita is to have multiple memory cards (one card per region), and then go through a process of factory resetting the Vita each time you swap cards.

Oh Pulse dips too? Yeah I see what you mean about it running like an over clocked PSP.
Except on Vita I can actually see where I'm going on Pulse now lol

On some tracks, it dips all the time. On others, it's rock solid (until a big explosion happens).

It's a huge improvement over playing it on an actual PSP though, and I much prefer Pulse to 2048 (even though I really like the latter). Pulse is second only to HD in my book. Shame no-one bought it, and an even bigger shame the DLC is so damn expensive.

Zephyx

Give us a big PS1/PSP sale Sony. I, for one, would spend a lot to play some of these "newly available" games on my Vita.

Top Bottom