• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WipEout Omega Collection | NeoGAF Custom Soundtrack: Planning & Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vally

FIGGn0V.png

Some of you might remember the G.A.M.E. 3.0 album dedicated to WipEout HD, with tracks made by fellow GAF members.

On the occasion of the release of WipEout Omega Collection for PS4, we would like to do something like that again to celebrate that the series is back.

Some people in both the Gaming thread and the Electronic Music production community have already expressed their interest in taking part in this. It doesn't matter whether you're a professional or an amateur producer; the idea is just making some music reminiscent of the WipEout style, and having some fun while we're at it =). So if anyone here would like to contribute some tracks that would be great (or if you know of any other member who might be interested, spread the word!)

The game is planned to be released on June 6 so that could be the current deadline, since it would be nice to have it ready on time for the OT (which I will be making)

5l7i2MW.gif

Finished tracks at the moment: 22

• Rösti has already submitted a track, and has also offered to help with graphic design (logo, album cover etc.)
  • subwilde is also in and has submitted a track
  • Nyx has submitted a track
  • The Kree has submitted four tracks
  • :Motorbass would also like to contribute
  • Vally has made one track
  • eyeball_kid will try to put something together
  • btkadams wants to sign up as well
  • jorgeton has submitted two tracks
  • monchi-kun is in
  • vonStirlitz has contributed two tracks
  • Sadsic has made a song for the album
  • m0dus is in, has submitted a track and can help with art and hosting
  • djplaeskool has made a track
  • Hamst3r has already submitted a track
  • InaudibleWhispa has produced a track as well
  • kogasu has made two tracks
  • shagia would like to submit a song
  • tanuki wants to contribute too
  • NintendoRev has submitted two tracks
  • neurochasm has made a song

Spotify playlist with tracks from the WipEout series: https://play.spotify.com/user/rösti_neogaf/playlist/0nRGWeTnrzlNKP3JgPrlO3

I´ll keep this post updated with the latest progress. If you have any questions, suggestions, etc. go ahead! =)

(If mods think this thread should be in Community please move it there, I posted it in Off Topic to get a little more exposure)

Vally

Rösti;232354970 said:
I am very excited for this, and I have started pre-production on some tracks.

I am also putting together a Spotify playlist with as many songs as possible I can find from the official soundtracks of the different games in the WipEout series. I figured it could be good for reference and inspiration.

Here is the playlist: https://open.spotify.com/user/rösti_neogaf/playlist/0nRGWeTnrzlNKP3JgPrlO3

Nice playlist, thanks :D yeah it shoud be useful for reference, gonna add it to the OP

Holy crap, that G.A.M.E compilation takes me back. I remember wanting to mix up the music in HD and stumbling across that compilation.

Keeping a keen eye and ear on this thread!

I'll try to find some time to put something together for this.

I never heard the original G.A.M.E. soundtrack back in the day; is there a still working link for this?

Vally

Ok, I have just received a track from The Kree and it sounds pretty great

I'd prefer to keep the tracks private until the album's release, but if any of you who are collaborating would like to share it directly in this thread then go ahead, no problem :)

I'd like to contribute!

Nice! I'll add you to the list

Nyx

I've spent a few hours and definitely am on to something. Basic lay-out should be ready soon, then I'm going to automate a lot of stuff, hopefully resulting into something cool and fitting for the game.

jorgeton

Wow, just noticed this thread. I'd love to be a part of this. Just thinking about Wipeout gets the creative juices flowing.

vonStirlitz

Unconfirmed Member
I think I am nearly there with something to contribute. I had to go back to the drawing board like 10 times. But I just gave it a proof of concept by playing the base track to a video of Wipeout and I think it might work. Give me a few weeks and I will ping something over for consideration.

Vally

Thanks guys, I'm really glad to see some enthusiasm for this thing :D just took note in the OP of all of you who are interested in contributing, hope I'm not missing anyone

I need to fire up Reason and get down to business; it's been a while since I've made something and I'm quite rusty at the moment. I'd really like to make a Drum & Bass track to get out of my comfort zone genre-wise, maybe with some vocals if I can find some good vocal clips... so let's see how it goes

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I have one track that is ready for mastering. I've started pre-production on the next.

Vally

Wow, the game is coming sooner than expected, June 6

Do you guys mind if we set the deadline to that date? We would still have 2 months anyway

btkadams

Wow, the game is coming sooner than expected, June 6

Do you guys mind if we set the deadline to that date? We would still have 2 months anyway
I honestly forget how we did it with G.A.M.E. 3... Did we have someone master and package them? It might be good to have them due a week prior, just to give that person time. Then release the day the game launches.

Vally

I honestly forget how we did it with G.A.M.E. 3... Did we have someone master and package them? It might be good to have them due a week prior, just to give that person time. Then release the day the game launches.

I don't know how it was done back then but yeah, if someone could take care of mastering (or at the very least, normalizing the tracks so that all of them have the same volume level) that would be nice

Disappointed that no one pm'd me. Especially considering I'm currently hosting all the tracks and did all the artwork. |:)

I'm in of course. For music, art, hosting. And maybe something special.

I was wondering where that traffic bump came from!

Yep I should have PM'd you, sorry! Anyway I'm glad you're on board this time as well, appreciate the support :)

ameratsu

Just wanted to thank the original contributors to GAME 3.0 if they're reading this thread, absolutely loved listening to that playing Wipeout HD. Looking forward to this as well.

jorgeton

Thanks guys, I'm really glad to see some enthusiasm for this thing :D just took note in the OP of all of you who are interested in contributing, hope I'm not missing anyone

I need to fire up Reason and get down to business; it's been a while since I've made something and I'm quite rusty at the moment. I'd really like to make a Drum & Bass track to get out of my comfort zone genre-wise, maybe with some vocals if I can find some good vocal clips... so let's see how it goes

Question: what's the best way to get the tracks to you? PM with a dropbox link? Also, what format is best?

I'm very close to finishing a track for this project. It's a modest techno track, but it was created in the spirit of WipeOut!

Dizzy-4U

Oh man, I remember those GAME soundtracks alright. Listen to them all the time. I think I still have them on my PS3.

Subscribed!

Vally

Whoa, I'd like to contribute some old skool loops of fury, if it ain't too much hassle

Nice, adding you to the list =)

Question: what's the best way to get the tracks to you? PM with a dropbox link? Also, what format is best?

I'm very close to finishing a track for this project. It's a modest techno track, but it was created in the spirit of WipeOut!

Yeah, PM with a dropbox link should be fine, whatever is more convenient for you. I'll be keeping all the tracks I receive in a Google Drive folder or something (which I can also share with m0dus if he's going to take care of the hosting)

As for the format, I guess preferably WAV, or 320kbps MP3

Thanks!

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah, PM with a dropbox link should be fine, whatever is more convenient for you. I'll be keeping all the tracks I receive in a Google Drive folder or something (which I can also share with m0dus if he's going to take care of the hosting)

Thanks!
I vote for WAV, 44100 Hz, 16 bit. MP3 I tend to stay away from as much as possible.

For the actual release that is.

Not following the game side, I totally missed that this was coming!

And now I'll be grabbing the music from the last time, which I also didn't know about!

Thanks!

At least 44.1KHz, 16 bit depth, WAV. If anyone is using higher bit depths (24, 32-floating) at least dither down to save time for the mastering.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Can I submit something if I don't remember what wipeout music sounds like music sounds like and refuse to even quickly listen to some tracks on YouTube for reference?

Vally

I just received another two tracks from The Kree, so we have a total of 3 confirmed tracks for now

I have a sneak preview, hope to finish before june. :)

https://soundcloud.com/nyx_1978/acceleration-wip

I really like it! Captures the Wipeout feel perfectly, hope you continue working on it to have it ready by release. Nice work!

Can I submit something if I don't remember what wipeout music sounds like music sounds like and refuse to even quickly listen to some tracks on YouTube for reference?

I don't know, it wouldn't hurt doing a quick listen on Youtube but if you think your track is a good fit for Wipeout feel free to submit it =)

Hamst3r

I would have posted in here earlier to say I was in, but I wasn't sure if I'd come up with any ideas for it. But yesterday I felt inspired and started in on something which I'm thinking will be done in the next few days!

Drum programming is fun.

subwilde

I would have posted in here earlier to say I was in, but I wasn't sure if I'd come up with any ideas for it. But yesterday I felt inspired and started in on something which I'm thinking will be done in the next few days!

Drum programming is fun.

Another story of inspiration coming from lust ;)

This thread is amazing. Have downloaded the Spotify playlist and will be listening today. Keep up the good work lads and lasses.

Going to ask my cousin if he wants to make one. I can PM you OP if he is up for it and go from there. He has had a few of his tracks played on TV and BBC radio programmes.

Vally

Drum programming is fun.

Nice, I'll add you to the list; looking forward to listening to your stuff!

This thread is amazing. Have downloaded the Spotify playlist and will be listening today. Keep up the good work lads and lasses.

Going to ask my cousin if he wants to make one. I can PM you OP if he is up for it and go from there. He has had a few of his tracks played on TV and BBC radio programmes.

Ok perfect, even if this is supposed to be just for GAF members I guess we can make an exception as a special collab or something :D

E-phonk

Banned
Oh damn, takes me back - i did a song on the original G.A.M.E. 3 soundtrack. Haven't heard it myself in ages.

Currently touring and having loads of stuff going on, but I'll follow the thread.

Vally

Rösti just submitted another track, we have 5 in total for now

I've started to work on my track, will try to post a preview later on, if I'm happy with how it sounds (still not sure I like the direction the song is taking, so I might start everything from scratch)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom