• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1-2 HD. Summer 2012 $15

luffeN

For me it was all about Powerman 5000

When Worlds Collide

Oh and see how I said what the song was so you don't have to click to find out? Wasn't that cool?
c30t8wuj7i23lxfq7.jpg

You were saying? :p Browser script called Youtube Me Again.

EYEL1NER

some music returning
And we've known that info for a while, but it's annoying that they haven't announced anything yet. The soundtrack of the Tony Hawk games, especially these first couple games, is a big deal to some. Maybe they haven't secured all the rights or they are still working on it, but they need to release something. Even just two or three songs, like "Hey guys, we know you are excited for our game! And you'll be more excited to know that 'Superman' and 'Police Truck' will be coming back!!! Stay tuned for more info!" to hold us over. That way some people can stop worrying about it.

I have already made peace with all the songs not being back and have decided that it's a better situation than Crazy Taxi and unrealistic for me to expect every song to return (now I need to make peace with the possibility of no split screen multiplayer).

I have to assume 'Police Truck' will be coming back. The Dead Kennedys have been very receptive to licensing their music out to games, as made obvious by their songs being in so many music games. But I have no clue who else might return.

EYEL1NER

The 360's custom soundtrack makes the playlist thing easy to fix
I suppose that custom soundtracks are better for a sports game than any other, since there isn't cutscenes and voice overs. But you run into the music playing over all the sound effects, having to be manually started and stopped or just left to play over the end of the level, and more.

The game is supposed to be nostalgia-overload and that is ruined for me if I can't hear that classic sound of a special move being pulled off or the sound of wheels on pavement because I have custom soundtracks playing over the whole game.

DRock

has yet to tasted the golden nectar that is tag
I suppose that custom soundtracks are better for a sports game than any other, since there isn't cutscenes and voice overs. But you run into the music playing over all the sound effects, having to be manually started and stopped or just left to play over the end of the level, and more.

The game is supposed to be nostalgia-overload and that is ruined for me if I can't hear that classic sound of a special move being pulled off or the sound of wheels on pavement because I have custom soundtracks playing over the whole game.

I'm not sure what you mean. On the 360 you can hear the sound effects with custom soundtracks and the game can control when to start and stop the songs.

EYEL1NER

I'm not sure what you mean. On the 360 you can hear the sound effects with custom soundtracks and the game can control when to start and stop the songs.
It varies from game to game.
I've played games where the music plays right over cutscenes and it is impossible to hear the characters speaking. I've also played some where the game's music continues to play, only a bit quieter than you music, so when your song gets quieter or there is a lull, you can hear background music.

Of course there might be some mandate from MS that made Devs all implement custom soundtracks the same way. I haven't really used custom soundtracks in about 3 years or so, when I had to delete 10 gigs of music off my old HDD to make room. But I have never heard of such a new policy or anything coming down.

The best way it's done is similar to the Xbox GTA ports (or other newer games that I cannot think of any titles for) where you can go into the game's options and select to use custom soundtracks and it indeed works like you say. But not all games do that.

Anth0ny

It's still impressive to me that a Tony Hawk game was the last game for the N64, and actually the last game released on cartridge for a home console ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sFsr-U0aNY

I never played it (had moved on to GameCube and got THPS3 on that) but damn. That was some dedication.

I played the N64 version even though it came out way after the GC version. Fun if you played THPS1 and 2 on N64.

Also, this needs to make it into the soundtrack.

This too.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Man, the memories of these games, especially when I never thought I'd get hooked on a skateboarding game. THPS4 was my last one I think.

Will definitely give it a try no doubt.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
This is exciting but I really REALLY hope they remake parts 3, 4 and 5. Because let's face it gentlemen....1 and 2 are good for nostalgic reasons but 3,4&5 ARE the best in the series hands down!

By 5 you mean THUG? And yeah Hawk and Activision said if this does well they will definitely be releasing other fan favorites from any of the games and completely new stuff.

BHK3

Banned
This game will get a buy from me if this happens.

I start the first level. It's the werehouse, I'm tony hawk, "So here I am...doing everything I can", I ride down, off the ramp, break in and out of the little room getting a collectible and it feels like it did 13 years ago.

Whens the release/price point anyway?

This game will get a buy from me if this happens.

I start the first level. It's the werehouse, I'm tony hawk, "So here I am...doing everything I can", I ride down, off the ramp, break in and out of the little room getting a collectible and it feels like it did 13 years ago.

Whens the release/price point anyway?
Release date is "Summer 2012" whatever that means. Price is $14.99

Persona7

Banned
My copy of THPS2 on dreamcast somehow got a scratch on it and it won't load School 2. It hangs when I try to load that level, every other level works though. I had to use a cheat to unlock them all.

I don't remember having that much trouble playing THPS on Dreamcast with the analog, then again I wasn't that great at it. Either way this will be the perfect summer game. Bring it on.

This game has me pretty psyched, but I'm just afraid something is going to screw it up. Looking forward to detailed hands on impressions at E3.

Alcibiades

This really needs to be fully intact regarding skaters and music. I'd rather they focus on getting the original soundtrack intact than changing it up. I can understand maybe a one or two song difference - anything more than that and I'd prefer to just break out a Dreamcast...

This really needs to be fully intact regarding skaters and music. I'd rather they focus on getting the original soundtrack intact than changing it up. I can understand maybe a one or two song difference - anything more than that and I'd prefer to just break out a Dreamcast...
All else equal, if there is a major difference in soundtrack I'll just use custom soundtracks and not break out a dated console just so I can play the same thing with horribly aged graphics.

the soundtrack is not going to be 100% intact. They've been saying this from day one. Stop setting yourselves up for disappointment. Let it go.

Top Bottom