• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls |OT4| Victory achieved for Scamco, text defeated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulhouf

Going for the tail can be really hard, but if you don't want it just hit him in the stomach and then back off, repeat until dead.

I finally beat him. Sometimes his breath randomly kills me and I didn't yet found a way to avoid that. It's completely random...
This is the only boss I still didn't understand dispite I beat the game 12 or 13 times.

Only Bed of Chaos and Nito to go and I will beat the game with my SL2 character.

krakov

how does that work when you have to slide down that steep cliff? i've never actually tried to go in reverse before, but i figured it was a 1-way path.

If you go to the right from the first bonfire, towards the tomb with the large divine ember, there will be ladders going all the way back to the top.

I finally beat him. Sometimes his breath randomly kills me and I didn't yet found a way to avoid that. It's completely random...
This is the only boss I still didn't understand dispite I beat the game 12 or 13 times.

Only Bed of Chaos and Nito to go and I will beat the game with my SL2 character.

I usually bait him to do the far away arc crystal breath which leaves a lot of room to get up close. It's kinda hard to see what he is doing unless he is charging up the AOE.
May I ask what kind of weaponry and spells you have been using? I'm doing a low SL run thinking about trying NG+ as well, just leveling up when I feel I need it. Tried to do a SL1 run when the game was new but got pretty bored with the weapon selection and quit somewhere in the endgame.

i like to attack his side limbs, not his body. it's pretty simple if you keep your distance.

If you are attempting to fight the Moonlight butterflies, don't.
i avoided them on my first playthrough, but i would like to attempt killing them this time around. as a melee-focused character, how would i go about doing this? they didn't seem to "perch" like the boss version did no matter how long i waited.

akainu said:
Short maybe but this invisible platform nonsense is horrible.
just go wherever you can see snowflakes falling. if you wait long enough, lots of people tend to leave soapstones on the ground as well. most paths are generally straight, except for one optional path that leads to an item.

Short maybe but this invisible platform nonsense is horrible.
Prism stones and/or arrows.

I co-oped the other day there, and the host and another helper just walked across them as is - I followed cautiously but I was amazed how they knew the paths. I could probably do the first one, it seems relatively wide and just a straight line, but at least one of the other ones has a turn in it.

just to be clear.....yu can't get to vamos the first time through the cave with the skellies...you have to drop down the shaft and get him to knock the hole n the wall first. the skellies and boss are better with npc summon paladin leroy....or u can get their attention while on a ledge, then drop off said ledge using attack r1....i killed all but two once in one drop!
Oh yeah, that's what I meant drop down the shaft. By shortcut I meant that little staircase that leads to a dead-drop and a ledge below to the right, then down to where the sythe is.

It's a quick run really once you've turned the bridges - jump down on to the lower bridge, then to the dead drop steps and down to Vamos - quick really, just a shame there are bi warp points through this section considering there is a blacksmith there. Actually the warp points seem oddly uneven - I would expect one in the forest since people use it a lot, and are 3 really needed in Anor Londo?

Whilst on that subject, it's annoying when dying in Anor Londo to rematerialize back to the first bonfire, rather than Chamber of the Princess - I don't remember if this happens all the time, but certainly when it's Dark Anor Londo, which means you can't warp - sometimes it seems quicker to run up the stairs back to Sen's Fortress and drop down to the bonfire there and warp back to Anor.

Edit: sorry for double post, I meant to edit but forgot and pressed submit. :/

2AdEPT

I've warped from the tomb of giants plenty of times...unless I'm not understanding what you mean.

You can walk all the back up, not very fun with all the enemies respawned but it's possible.

All I meant was a lot of people including myself a couple times early on...wait until after they get the warp ability to do TOG. YOu can't warp before you do orn n Smu but I have always liked gettting the patches sstuff early so was frustrated early as I never had much health left for the two cleric hollows and yet did not want to touch the bbonfire hoping to homeward out. Once i learned how to do nito and dogs at lower levels the point was moot....but i (now erroneously I gather) thought that the tomb was one way....also thought the same about the catacombs for a long while as well, also erroneously, as the opposite end of the cave to the boss has ladders in it as well.

edit: It appears I was confused that I could get the patches stuff without killing nito...is it possible?...my latest charcter tried to do it without killing nito and yet he dod not show? Pretty sure I did the questions right, got the extra humanity etc.? Got the stuff from M'lady ok though.

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
My new char is a dex/faith build and I'm using a Uchigatana +15 and a Divine Balder Sword. I'm not that happy with the Balder, what do guys think would be a better Divine alternative? A shotel maybe?

krakov

My new char is a dex/faith build and I'm using a Uchigatana +15 and a Divine Balder Sword. I'm not that happy with the Balder, what do guys think would be a better Divine alternative? A shotel maybe?

They will all be similar. I would recommend getting sunlight blade and/or darkmoon blade and use it on +15 dex weapons. Use your white chunks and slab on a occult bow, only thing I can recommend using them for unless you are just going for achievements/trophies.

Sullichin

Oh I see what you mean now. But to me that makes no difference since I always get away by quickly switching my weapon (I always wear poise-less clothes)

Update on my SL2 run: I beat easily Sif and 4 Kings in my 1st try.
But Seath... fuck this boss. It's always a big issue if I try to beat him properly. I think that I will ignore his tail this time and beat him with a crossbow. It's a shameful way but it's the only one since I always die many time trying to fight him properly. This boss is a nightmare.

Thanks for your offers to help, I had to do it myself.. finally beat 4K SL1 last night.
For anyone having trouble with 4 kings, low level or not. Iron Flesh still works great and is pretty much a foolproof win. Also, if anyone is doing a low SL run on 360 I have a character in range and would gladly help out.

I used iron flesh and you're right it does make the fight easier, thanks for the tip. I don't usually have trouble with this boss but it was really frustrating me at sl1, i'd be doing well and then mess up dodging and i'd be done, or i'd take too long and a second king would hit me with the tip of its sword or something else that was an insta-kill. With IF I really only had to do the dodging game with the last king. Finally.

Afterwards I breezed through ceaseless, firesage, centipede. Died a couple of times to the last part of bed of chaos. I don't have a single upgraded shield in my inventory because I haven't been using a shield this run and I think it's going to make this extra annoying.

NOOOOO my 60gb just got the ylod while playing. I can't even get the disc out. Fucking hell.
This sucks! :(

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
They will all be similar. I would recommend getting sunlight blade and/or darkmoon blade and use it on +15 dex weapons. Use your white chunks and slab on a occult bow, only thing I can recommend using them for unless you are just going for achievements/trophies.
I already have Platinum, it's just for fun. I already use darkmoon blade with my Uchigatana + 15 (that should be a good choice or not?) and I'm using the Darkmoon Bow. Would a occult bow be better?

krakov

I already have Platinum, it's just for fun. I already use darkmoon blade with my Uchigatana + 15 (that should be a good choice or not?) and I'm using the Darkmoon Bow. Would a occult bow be better?

That is a superb choice if you have high dex, which I suspect. An occult bow will give you more magic damage than the Darkmoon bow but less physical. Not sure on the specific stats.

You have a lot of options for bows with a fai/dex hybrid as you can go with regular dex scaling for high physical damage or occult for high magical damage. Magical damage will transfer more damage through shields in most cases but pure physical damage will probably hit harder. I would probably build an occult longbow/pharis black bow and use with magic arrows instead of the darkmoon bow, or use a regular +15 pharis black bow with regular arrows. They will probably all be pretty similar in damage output.

I used iron flesh and you're right it does make the fight easier, thanks for the tip. I don't usually have trouble with this boss but it was really frustrating me at sl1, i'd be doing well and then mess up dodging and i'd be done, or i'd take too long and a second king would hit me with the tip of its sword or something else that was an insta-kill. With IF I really only had to do the dodging game with the last king. Finally.

Yeah it's pretty easy to get one shotted with base HP and rolling around takes a lot of stamina when you have so little. Using Iron Flesh you focus all your stamina on attacking and you could also go crazy with equip burden as it really doesn't matter. It's also really beneficial to have a lot of active humanity when doing a low level run as it will wildly increase defense rating. Makes it even more hairpullingy annoying to make a stupid mistake and lose it all, at least souls aren't all that important.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Just got this game, playing it for the first time. I escaped the asylum, and now I'm sitting next to the second bond fire wondering what the hell 'Kindle' means. Can anyone point me towards a good beginner's guide? Just to get me oriented a bit.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Man. I only have the final boss left to beat, but I'm not sure if my SL (SL78) is sufficient for NG+. I'm also not sure if there's anything I absolutely need to do before NG+. Any advice, GAF?

zewone

Man. I only have the final boss left to beat, but I'm not sure if my SL (SL78) is sufficient for NG+. I'm also not sure if there's anything I absolutely need to do before NG+. Any advice, GAF?

Kill all the firekeepers
Daughter of Chaos, Anor Londo, Fire Link
to collect the firekeeper souls. Make sure to grab any slabs you may be missing since you usually only get one per playthrough for making weapons (red, blue, white, regular).

Sullichin

i was thinking we could really use an updated OP, this has been the same one since the first OT and some of the information is really outdated. We can put some stuff that we constantly help people with there. Beginner's guide, NG+ checklist, etc. I enjoy answering people's questions in this thread but a reference at the beginning could be helpful too.

To add to what zewone said about NG+, make sure that you upgrade all of the weapons you want to, because you will have to find the embers again in NG+.

Pakkidis

Zoot! Back at Anor Londo in 12H compared to my other playthrough which was 19H.

I'm doing much much better now. I've been using the drake sword and lightning spear primary however, the drake sword looks like its showing its age and the lightning spear not much better. I still haven't decided on a weapons yet. I primarily want a one handed weapon preferably a sword but I won't mind an axe that upgrades well with strength. Any suggestions? It may look like the claymore is a good option however I would like to hear some input.

I have a tone of small/large shards so getting the weapon to +10 should not be a problem .

Now, if only I can beat those sons of bitches at the end of the level.

zewone

Well, I'm a big of the Chaos +5 Washing Pole.

I've been using it non-stop.

I haven't found a weapon I like for fire resistant enemies. I'm thinking of making a lightning +5 Washing Pole.

I'm doing much much better now. I've been using the drake sword and lightning spear primary however, the drake sword looks like its showing its age and the lightning spear not much better. I still haven't decided on a weapons yet. I primarily want a one handed weapon preferably a sword but I won't mind an axe that upgrades well with strength. Any suggestions? It may look like the claymore is a good option however I would like to hear some input.

I have a tone of small/large shards so getting the weapon to +10 should not be a problem .

Man serpent greatsword does some huge damage and has a good move set.

Yopis

Got this at launch but was burnt out after demon souls. About to ring the bell tower at last. Almost forgot how rewarding these games are. Only lvl 21 time to grind.

After extensive PVP with both fast dex build and hulking strength builds..things I would change..

-Havels ring gone, mask of father gone
-Hornet ring weakened substantially
-DWGR lowered to maybe 30 or 40 max equip load rather than 50.
-I wanna say remove backstab altogether but it's a big part of combat shame there is no way to make it viable in pvp with how bad lag is and how it screws with the hitbox. So maybe lower the damage
-Lower stunlock
-Weaken Wrath of God
-Do not make enchanted weapons as strong as standard +15

No matter the build I've used and messed around with there is virtually nothing better than hitting the minimum stats for your weapons enchanting them then using the DWGR/Mask of father/Havel's Ring going full giants/havels/grass crest shield and throwing all other points into vitality. ninja flipping with 2k health max defense and lightning on your weapon is just so meh.

Yea there is ways to beat the cheap builds but the game is so damn unbalanced it's a shame. The pvp can be great at times. I wish From gave a shit about balance.

Just three Boss souls to do and I have finished NG+. Done Seath, he was easy enough although I got cursed a few times. Nito is giving me a real hard time though.

Those huge skeletons kick the shit outta me, and Nito himself deals out some serious damage. My maxed Pyro glove helps but it's a toughie....

Just three Boss souls to do and I have finished NG+. Done Seath, he was easy enough although I got cursed a few times. Nito is giving me a real hard time though.

Those huge skeletons kick the shit outta me, and Nito himself deals out some serious damage. My maxed Pyro glove helps but it's a toughie....

Let Nito come to you and the big skeletons will never be in the fight. Stay close to where you entered the fight.

krakov

After extensive PVP with both fast dex build and hulking strength builds..things I would change..

-Hornet ring weakened substantially
-I wanna say remove backstab altogether but it's a big part of combat shame there is no way to make it viable in pvp with how bad lag is and how it screws with the hitbox. So maybe lower the damage
-Lower stunlock
-Weaken Wrath of God

No matter the build I've used and messed around with there is virtually nothing better than hitting the minimum stats for your weapons enchanting them then using the DWGR/Mask of father/Havel's Ring going full giants/havels/grass crest shield and throwing all other points into vitality. ninja flipping with 2k health max defense and lightning on your weapon is just so meh.

Yea there is ways to beat the cheap builds but the game is so damn unbalanced it's a shame. The pvp can be great at times. I wish From gave a shit about balance.

I think backstabs, DWGR and poise to some extent are troublesome. The rest of what you are mentioning is fine really. Elemental weapons are strong at lower levels but pretty shit compared to buffed +15 or even regular +15 in many cases. WoTG is easily avoidable. Stunlock is needed for heavier weapons to be viable, I'm not sure what to think of being able to escape it as you can now. There are to many tricks in PvP that aren't obvious to new players, making you feel like you are being cheated.

I think backstabs, DWGR and poise to some extent are troublesome. The rest of what you are mentioning is fine really. Elemental weapons are strong at lower levels but pretty shit compared to buffed +15 or even regular +15 in many cases. WoTG is easily avoidable. Stunlock is needed for heavier weapons to be viable, I'm not sure what to think of being able to escape it as you can now. There are to many tricks in PvP that aren't obvious to new players, making you feel like you are being cheated.

I'be been pvp for awhile I know some of the tricks to avoid stun lock I use the MSGS and with it's high damage its plenty viable without stunlocking.

There are plenty of ways to avoid these things but they are unbalanced meaning most of the battles online tend to be against people who try to spam r1. If they were fixed it would add some variety especially in high level places like the Kiln. Not sure anything is downright gamebreaking but it def sucks some of the fun out of the game dealing with the same old cheese over and over again.

Encouraging the average player to play well and not abuse things only high level players know how to manage with would make this game much better imo and it wouldn't be very difficult to fix.

Mxrz

-Weaken Wrath of God

Don't really like these two. Wrath of God is pretty weak damage wise with m-defense. Had a guy spam 9 of them on me and didn't get me below half. Maybe ease up on the kd time. But faith builds do need an offensive spell beyond the bolts.

There isn't a big enough difference between the damage types imo. But Elemental still lets you dump stats else where. Buffs are an issue. People want them + high health too, so you get the 125 range being almost nothing but. I'd like if armor was more a factor vs damage types. And yeah, the stunlock on some weapons is down right absurd. I'm not that crazy about the poise system in general. Seemed like a good idea, but needs some work.

But the lag with when playing international players p2p will always be the biggest factor. So I try not to take any of it too seriously. Most fights won't ever be 'fair' so take what you can get, etc.

Four Kings - NG+++ ( I think) -- Raaage. I'll break out the Iron flesh and see how that goes.

2AdEPT

Kill all the firekeepers
Daughter of Chaos, Anor Londo, Fire Link
to collect the firekeeper souls. Make sure to grab any slabs you may be missing since you usually only get one per playthrough for making weapons (red, blue, white, regular).
also i think if you max out the bonfires to +20 they stay that way in ng+...this may have been before the patch so try to confirm post patch before using tooo much humanity.

re:weapons...what are going for? In order to recommend a weapon for you we need to know if you are trying for strength vs. dex and/or faith vs. magic....I recall earlier you said mellee only, but you still can choose between strength and dex.....hybrids don't do too well no matter what weapon you are using as these alsways tend to be elemental. These will get you through allthe pve ok ...like your lightning claymore, but more fun are a tonne of other choices....I keep beating a dead horse with you I think but if you want to go elemental having one lightning and one chaos is important. I recommend the great scythe as an alternate ot teh claymore....very dynamic...perhasp no stun lock but the R2 double combo hits at almost 700 (1200 if you connect on both) with 10 humantity in the ticker. The best weapon, for pvp or otherwise, though, is +15 buffed with resin, magic, or miracles, and uses a high modifier in either the strength or dex if you are going for melee. There are lots of heavy weapons to choose from if you are going strength....dex is a little different, I prefer katanas vs, rapiers for dex as the stab is something I like to have, but hate only doing stabs...tooo boring. Its mostly about the move set. I can see why many like the claymore...but I just tried a lot of weapons again becuase I missed the backflip counter move on many (knew it existed but just forgot to try it I guess.) My favourite weapon is now the washing pole +15 with darkmoon blade. The reach is incredible...fought an experienced pvp'er in the burg and although I couln't outreach him and his authentic ornstein build with spear and all, I assume he was glitched as I hit him hard a couple times and his health bar didn't move......otherwise I have killed way bettter players than me with that set up adn people don't know what hit them when I do the backflip plus r1 attack.....they think they are out of range but they are not.

Haha yea Wrath of the Gods is a complete joke.
Then again, the whole PvP aspect of this game is a joke too.

I'm not so sure that all agree that the multiplayer aspect is jokish....as is, it is far better than any game that I have tried in series' like uncharted for example...how boring to do those missions that have nothingto do with your progression through the game. Pretty sure I noticed that Dark's/ddemon's multiplayer won some awards for its multiplayer from several sources so not everyoe agrees at the very least. To be honest, the only negatives I see in the multiplayer are dependent on there being assholes....assholes exist and it is hard to work around them. Granted, I think that there should be some refinements as listed, but really, much of the problem in balance was handled by the patch...and FROM does try hard to find the balance, but I don't wnat them to take away all the plethora of options and have most of those otpions suck....I think its harder than most on here realize to make a tonne of options show up and then have a complete balance. I am interested to see what the PC version will do to try to get even more....but it is difficult and may need to be refined if the asshats find new way sto glitch and abuse what they come up with.

Robot Pants

I'm not so sure that all agree that the multiplayer aspect is jokish....as is, it is far better than any game that I have tried in series' like uncharted for example...how boring to do those missions that have nothingto do with your progression through the game. Pretty sure I noticed that Dark's/ddemon's multiplayer won some awards for its multiplayer from several sources so not everyoe agrees at the very least. To be honest, the only negatives I see in the multiplayer are dependent on there being assholes....assholes exist and it is hard to work around them. Granted, I think that there should be some refinements as listed, but really, much of the problem in balance was handled by the patch...and FROM does try hard to find the balance, but I don't wnat them to take away all the plethora of options and have most of those otpions suck....I think its harder than most on here realize to make a tonne of options show up and then have a complete balance. I am interested to see what the PC version will do to try to get even more....but it is difficult and may need to be refined if the asshats find new way sto glitch and abuse what they come up with.

Honestly, the concept of multiplayer is fantastic. The covenants (invading convenant members for dragon scales, getting matched up with sunbros if you are a sunbro, invading players who have sinned, etc.), all that stuff. Amazing concept, and it's implemented well. I just think the combat is really bad, and the lag and back stabs and havel's ring just kinda ruin the whole thing.
Mostly the lag and lag stabs.

But the lag with when playing international players p2p will always be the biggest factor. So I try not to take any of it too seriously. Most fights won't ever be 'fair' so take what you can get, etc.

This is more or less the mindset I have towards it.

Lagstabs can be a problem, but I rarely run into them anymore, mainly because I know when enemy is trying to backstab (which is pretty much always) you can just hit them into their face and hopefully stunlock them to land few hits and they are always like "??? what happened?!?"

Haven't played the game in a month. Oops!

Soulhouf

They need to significantly nerf non scalig (especially lightning and fire/chaos) weapons in the next Soul game. Make them dependant on stats so that players stop messing with stats and think more seriously about str/dex/int/faith builds.

@Sullichin: I'm glad you beat it. Congratulations!

queelag's furysword is a great beginner weapon imo. its easy to obtain and easy to max out (if you've been killing all the prowling demons so far). its most certainly better than the drake sword and a non-upgraded lightning spear because it retains its scalers. of course, you'll need to keep one of those as an alternate for against fire resistant enemies. it is dex based though, and it sounds like you want to go strength.

i'm not sure how high your strength is, but the giant's halberd which you can get as soon as you reach anor londo should easily replace the lightning spear. as for a replacement to the drakesword, the claymore, the zweihander, the great axe, these are weapons you should've gotten a while back and should've been upgrading before reaching anor londo (it's a long run back to the blacksmith; else you'll have to press forward and kill the next boss).

if you were lucky enough to have one of the lizards in sen's fortress to drop a man-serpent greatsword, thats also a good weapon. you'll also be getting a greatsword soon. you can also use the core of the golem you just killed to craft a golem axe. test out the animations and see which one you like the best. i'm an axe guy myself, but out of the swords i love the zweihander (actually, i'm really a sword guy, but i'm also a "i lke big damage numbers" guy so i tend to go with axes in this game instead).

krakov

I'be been pvp for awhile I know some of the tricks to avoid stun lock I use the MSGS and with it's high damage its plenty viable without stunlocking.

There are plenty of ways to avoid these things but they are unbalanced meaning most of the battles online tend to be against people who try to spam r1. If they were fixed it would add some variety especially in high level places like the Kiln. Not sure anything is downright gamebreaking but it def sucks some of the fun out of the game dealing with the same old cheese over and over again.

Encouraging the average player to play well and not abuse things only high level players know how to manage with would make this game much better imo and it wouldn't be very difficult to fix.

I really don't think WoTG is unbalanced. It's not really powerful and easy to avoid, leaving you open, etc. Being able to escape stunlock mostly hinders the really large weapons, like hammers, big axes, ultra greatswords etc. I feel cheated when using a zweihander and get backstabbed for following up after succesfully stunlocking.

There are indeed a lot of R1 spammers around, but I feel at 100-120 you don't see them very often. Especially since a lot of people are good at parrying in PvP these days. Dueling in burg and/or kiln you see a lot of different styles. Though lately there have been an outbreak of rapier turtle-builds which may be the most boring thing ever.

I feel there are a lot of fair and fun fights around though. I also feel pretty confident with a Zweihander or similar and can adapt to my opponent even if I may only have 2-3 moves at disposal.

Pakkidis

also i think if you max out the bonfires to +20 they stay that way in ng+...this may have been before the patch so try to confirm post patch before using tooo much humanity.

re:weapons...what are going for? In order to recommend a weapon for you we need to know if you are trying for strength vs. dex and/or faith vs. magic....I recall earlier you said mellee only, but you still can choose between strength and dex.....hybrids don't do too well no matter what weapon you are using as these alsways tend to be elemental. These will get you through allthe pve ok ...like your lightning claymore, but more fun are a tonne of other choices....I keep beating a dead horse with you I think but if you want to go elemental having one lightning and one chaos is important. I recommend the great scythe as an alternate ot teh claymore....very dynamic...perhasp no stun lock but the R2 double combo hits at almost 700 (1200 if you connect on both) with 10 humantity in the ticker. The best weapon, for pvp or otherwise, though, is +15 buffed with resin, magic, or miracles, and uses a high modifier in either the strength or dex if you are going for melee. There are lots of heavy weapons to choose from if you are going strength....dex is a little different, I prefer katanas vs, rapiers for dex as the stab is something I like to have, but hate only doing stabs...tooo boring. Its mostly about the move set. I can see why many like the claymore...but I just tried a lot of weapons again becuase I missed the backflip counter move on many (knew it existed but just forgot to try it I guess.) My favourite weapon is now the washing pole +15 with darkmoon blade. The reach is incredible...fought an experienced pvp'er in the burg and although I couln't outreach him and his authentic ornstein build with spear and all, I assume he was glitched as I hit him hard a couple times and his health bar didn't move......otherwise I have killed way bettter players than me with that set up adn people don't know what hit them when I do the backflip plus r1 attack.....they think they are out of range but they are not.

Thanks, I guess my problem is that I don't want to screw up my first real build however I realize this is impossible becuase its my first time playing. I guess I'm in the mindset of sticking to one weapon through out the whole game and I want it to be the right weapon but of course this too is impossible because you need a few weapons to beat the game.

I' have tried a few weapons already and found the ones I like so now its just a matter of building them up :).

Gravelord Nito went down LIKE A BITCH when I stayed put, took out the normal sized Skele's with my Divine Axe +9 and hammered shit head with my Pyro.

I have since then made all the weapons I need for preparation of getting the Boss Soul weapons complete in NG++. However, as I have used Quelaags Furysword so much in the game previously, I was wondering if any of the other boss weapons were worth playing with? Greatsword of Artorias looks interesting (both versions), and as I am a STR build it might prove useful yet. Is it a good sword?

I was concerned about Four Kings, but I really hammered them just now. They are MUCH tougher in NG+, but with Cloranthy Ring and Lightning Uchigatana +5 they went down pretty quick!

Just Bed of Chaos (sigh) and end boss and I am done with NG+.

krakov

Gravelord Nito went down LIKE A BITCH when I stayed put, took out the normal sized Skele's with my Divine Axe +9 and hammered shit head with my Pyro.

I have since then made all the weapons I need for preparation of getting the Boss Soul weapons complete in NG++. However, as I have used Quelaags Furysword so much in the game previously, I was wondering if any of the other boss weapons were worth playing with? Greatsword of Artorias looks interesting (both versions), and as I am a STR build it might prove useful yet. Is it a good sword?

Artorias sword is shit unfortunately, unless you are going SL 200+. Chaos blade is cool, moonlight butterfly horn is a decent INT scaling spear, hmm. Yeah the boss weapons are mostly not that good.

I' have tried a few weapons already and found the ones I like so now its just a matter of building them up :).
out of curiosity, which ones did you settle with?

can someone confirm this for me: i was looking at armor sets, and i'm thinking what reason is there to not go giant's armor? then i read something about its heavy weight = slower stamina regen. i thought both movement speed and stamina were tied to weight ratios (i.e. 25%/50%), but i read that only movement speed is, and stamina regen is unique to each armor set independent from ratio. the light armours having faster regen and the heavier armours having slower regen. is this true?

CatPee

out of curiosity, which ones did you settle with?

can someone confirm this for me: i was looking at armor sets, and i'm thinking what reason is there to not go giant's armor? then i read something about its heavy weight = slower stamina regen. i thought both movement speed and stamina were tied to weight ratios (i.e. 25%/50%), but i read that only movement speed is, and stamina regen is unique to each armor set independent from ratio. the light armours having faster regen and the heavier armours having slower regen. is this true?

Armors that are heavy will affect stamina regen, though some at different levels than others. Usually the description of the armor will state the effect on stamina regen. Regen is also affected by your equipment rate and will take a hit at beyond 25% and even more at beyond 50%, regardless of whether you have light or heavy armor.

Wowbagger

I think Havel's ring is fine. It won't let you stay below 25% encumbrance without heavy stat investment. The DWGR is the one that needs to be removed, so no poise/light armour gets the speed advantage it should have.

I agree about the mask, but not for balance reasons. I just want it and every other piece of clothing with ability benefits removed so min-maxers won't have to compromise the look of their character. I feel so stupid trying to roleplay a bit with a parasitic egg for a head while more than half of my opponents use a Pinwheel mask or Crown of Dusk. :)

Pakkidis

Welp, I finally did it!!!! The boss of anor londo has fallen. Only took me 4-5 tries, each try getting closer to the end. In fact....I would say it was kinda easy.... This time I summoned Sol with me (playing offline) and he makes all the difference in the world. Before I wasn't summoning him and died close to 20-30 times but with Sol with you, everything changes.

In most boss fights the npc's are kinda useless, they are more for distraction than damage but this time Sol was a badass, in fact he took down the fat bastard by himself before I had a chance to kill the skinny one.

Just went back to the asylum and cleaned up, pretty damn easy, also a black knight dropped his sword :)...I'm feeling invincible right now :p.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom