• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 100 S4 |OT| Meltdowns of Epic Proportions - Wednesdays at 9/8C

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
- Damn, the streets are super bloody
- Indra giving Marcus a hug. Love it
- Jeez, O. She made that dude eat a spear
- Soooo, what are the birth control options for The 100? Gravity and a prayer?
- "It's always something with you (Clarke)." Literally yes hahaha

Decent premiere. I liked how they didn't immediately move onto the nuclear reactors and cleared up all infighting that was still on the table with Alie gone.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Echo betrayed Bellamy last season, leading them away from Mount Weather so Ice Nation could blow it up. Can't remember if we saw her after that; I've tried to block out season 3 as much as possible.

Okay. I have no recollection of that but I'll take your word for it!

Decent premiere. Better than season 3 I think though then again that's a pretty low bar. I like the story concept for this season so I think it'll be an enjoyable, entertaining and fascinating watch this time. At least I hope so. Bring on next week!

Palmer_v1

I like how Monty gets over killing his own mother in a couple of episodes yet they're dragging out this Jasper shit for, what looks to be, two seasons in a row.

Maybe those mountain people mutated some exotic genitals...

wait did they ever even fuck? I can't remember.

Watching it now, omg Clarke, skinny jeans and a bodice, bleugh.

Octavia with an epic spear throw there. Seems like it's got a good setup.

I sincerely hope that they start moving out and about in the wildlands far away from Arcadia and the Grounder City. I wanna see some mutated creatures and go on a Lord of the Rings style journey.

Good lord, the cleavage should've gotten its own billing.

So how they gonna go about this? Shutting down reactors? Targeting just local ones and screw all everywhere else? So close with Jasper but at the end he seemed happy, dude is going to totally be a self sacrifice to the nuclear gods at some point.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
I really want to give this show a chance but I've re-watched the first episode 3 times and every time I finish it I come away with a really bad impression. I hear good things about this show but man, that first episode does set a bad precedent. Should I continue on?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I really want to give this show a chance but I've re-watched the first episode 3 times and every time I finish it I come away with a really bad impression. I hear good things about this show but man, that first episode does set a bad precedent. Should I continue on?

Just keep going. First couple episodes weren't good. I actually dropped the show during S1 because it felt like The Hunger Games Sponsored by Urban Outfitters. I came back to it based off the praise and was hooked by the end of Episode 4.

Try to watch it as if it's a parody and everytime there's a cliffhanger like jasper getting speared, just yell at the screen "the stakes have never been higher!"

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

Honestly it's a really bad show. The acting is poor, the writing is poor, characters have totally inconsistent motivations, the plot is driven by twist after twist after twist, almost none of which makes any sense. It's pretty insulting with respect to your time because large parts of the season are just people moving back and forth. It's a big dumb soap opera. I'm still watching it, so obviously there's that, but I really would not recommend it to anyone.

Dynasty

Honestly it's a really bad show. The acting is poor, the writing is poor, characters have totally inconsistent motivations, the plot is driven by twist after twist after twist, almost none of which makes any sense. It's pretty insulting with respect to your time because large parts of the season are just people moving back and forth. It's a big dumb soap opera. I'm still watching it, so obviously there's that, but I really would not recommend it to anyone.

I can see what you are doing, reverse psychology.

It's a good show IMO. Or at least it was in seasons one and two. Supremely enjoyable and entertaining in a guilty pleasure kind of way. I can see the angle of criticism towards the writing and story twists and the face palm moments every time someone says "I got this" (seriously why do they keep saying that) but I've immensely enjoyed it so far. Season three is much weaker than one and two though so the quality kind of takes a nosedive.

Season four looks like a return to form so far though so I'm looking forward to the rest of the season. Worth a shot for anyone on the fence. I'd recommend it.

Pachimari

I've just started watching this yesterday. I'm currently at episode 5 of season 1, and I'm loving it. It's not that believable that Raven Reyes can fix a pod of her own but then again, three generations have come and gone at the Ark, so she have probably lived with it all her life. I'm sad cause Wells was growing to be my favorite and I found his gesture of protecting Clarke very nice. Stupid Charlotte is a psycho, thank goodness she ended herself instead of creating more trouble. Bellamy is slowly growing on me, while Clarke is a shithead. I like Octavia, she's also the hottest, while Finn seems like a very nice dude. John Murphy gotta go sometime, hopefully the Grounders finds him now that he's banished. The whole plot and flashbacks on the Ark are interesting too, I really like the whole political game and system up there. Hope to see more mutated stuff on Earth though.

Anyway, I plan on watching it through the night. And I hope it'll be worth it.

Grizzlyjin

Wells was supposed to be this real twist, as he is the book lead.

I didn't know this. I've heard the books are really different, to the point of only being the same in basic premise. I've just never looked into how different.

Joni

I didn't know this. I've heard the books are really different, to the point of only being the same in basic premise. I've just never looked into how different.
It is fairly different. Clarke is for instance jailed because her parents are doing experiments on children and Wells is the one that knows about the resource issues. Biggest plot twist might be that
Bellamy is Jaha's kid
. It is also quite different on the ground, where the Grounders don't exist. It leads to fun stuff like Finn being on the cover of the books, while I think he doesn't actually exist there.

I've just started watching this yesterday. I'm currently at episode 5 of season 1, and I'm loving it. It's not that believable that Raven Reyes can fix a pod of her own but then again, three generations have come and gone at the Ark, so she have probably lived with it all her life. I'm sad cause Wells was growing to be my favorite and I found his gesture of protecting Clarke very nice. Stupid Charlotte is a psycho, thank goodness she ended herself instead of creating more trouble. Bellamy is slowly growing on me, while Clarke is a shithead. I like Octavia, she's also the hottest, while Finn seems like a very nice dude. John Murphy gotta go sometime, hopefully the Grounders finds him now that he's banished. The whole plot and flashbacks on the Ark are interesting too, I really like the whole political game and system up there. Hope to see more mutated stuff on Earth though.

Anyway, I plan on watching it through the night. And I hope it'll be worth it.

Hold that thought on
Murphy
...He's amazing. This show excels at taking seemingly minor characters and turning them into major ones in the blink of an eye. It's one of the things that makes it so great. Enjoy your binge!!!

george_us

I don't think I've ever found Octavia as hot as I do now.
He's really not interesting. He ran his course as a useful character and now they just need to find an entertaining way to dispose of him.
Well yeah. I mean the dude has suffered a fraction of the loss the other characters have yet he's the one who loses over a girl who he was with for two weeks. It's hilariously out of place in a show like The 100.

Top Bottom