• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pyre |OT| We Carry The Fire

Hyped!

Is there a countdown for release? Steam usually has one but this time only date. Preorder offer ends in almost exactly 25 hours according to Steam, is that correct?

The Rizza

LOVED Transistor, it's one of my favorite games on PS4. Never got too far into Bastion, but still really liked it (I need to finish it...). I will play anything made by Supergiant

Dynasty

ACG - Buy

Also mentions that there is no online multiplayer.

Honestly for me as a huge fan of Transistor and Bastion, this games doesnt excite me that much, I will buy it but not day1. Also I just bought Blood Bowl 2 on PS4 so that game will be all the American football I need for a while.

Xe4

Banned
These reviews are doing really well so far! I'm not surprised, but really happy.
Congrats Greg, Jen, Darren, and the rest at SGG who helped make this game!

KodaRuss

Anyone seen or read how long the game is? I breezed through Eurogamer's review but I didnt want to read too many spoilers so I skipped some stuff.

robotrock

Banned
hype
Anyone seen or read how long the game is? I breezed through Eurogamer's review but I didnt want to read too many spoilers so I skipped some stuff.

more_badass keeps on talking about this 13 to 15 hour figure which sounds absurd for a supergiant game but i'm all for it

Zackat

giphy.gif

jtar86

Bought on steam. Still not really sure what to expect. I loved Bastion but wasn't a fan of Transistor, hoping I'll like this one. It definitely looks neat and unique and if nothing else I don't mind supporting SGG.

kasavin

So PC unlock seems to be at 5pm gmt tomorrow. Is ps4 unlocking at midnight, with a preload?

The game should launch on both PS4 and Steam at approximately 9 a.m. PDT on Tuesday the 25th, about 15 hours from now. It pre-loads on PS4 but does not pre-load on Steam. Download is about 5GB.

Xe4

Banned
Finally bought it on the PS4. It's preloading now! I'll probably not be able to play it till Wednesday, but I'm fucking hype nonetheless.

ymgve

The game should launch on both PS4 and Steam at approximately 9 a.m. PDT on Tuesday the 25th, about 15 hours from now. It pre-loads on PS4 but does not pre-load on Steam. Download is about 5GB.

Will it be released on GOG too tomorrow? Or is that further in the future?

Joeku

Are you guys partying tonight or are you holding off in case some last-minute patching is needed?

kasavin

Are you guys partying tonight or are you holding off in case some last-minute patching is needed?

Our focus is on supporting the launch. We can take a breather once the dust settles a bit. None of us have the disposition to go 'partyyy!!!' at a time like this though we're relieved by and happy with the initial response, since we can never really predict how that's going to go and frankly it's always scary.

Dipship31

Might not get Day 1 cause I probably won't get around to actually playing it, but will soon for sure. Both Bastion and Transistor are some of my all-time favs

fernoca

Might not get Day 1 cause I probably won't get around to actually playing it, but will soon for sure. Both Bastion and Transistor are some of my all-time favs
Same here. Even have the Transistor figure and soundtrack.

Will get eventually or if I get an extra $20 to spend this week, so keeping an eye out. Need more games from them. XD

Perineum

I've got a variety of games to complete at the moment. Mainly have to finish FF12, and then work on Darkest Dungeon as well as Fortnite.

I'm waiting for GAF impressions, and length. Transistor didn't do it for me, but Bastion was amazing. Not sure where this will land so I will lean on you guys to know if I should buy or not.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Just pre-ordered on PS4 to get the 10% discount. Going in completely blind.

Supergiant <3

Watching Pyre’s emotionally gripping story unfold, precisely and enjoyably punctuated by exciting, tactical, real-time battles, is to witness just about everything I look for in a video game executed all but flawlessly. Developer Supergiant’s latest is an experience on par with watching a world-class musician perform a difficult piece with equal parts talent and soul. And speaking of which, the music is superb.

gattsu

Preordered. Reviews sound awesome, and I love the art in this even more than their last games! Cool RPG story with big party? And hype 3v3 sports based gameplay?! Gimme gimme gimme.

EDIT: FFXII, Nier, Destiny 2, Splatoon 2, I need to slow down. Now this... and hopefully Sundered if it gets good reviews... 2017 is insane and needs to just stop now. GOTY lists are gonna blow my mind

I think the most surprising aspect of the reviews is the talk of how tough and morally challenging choices and decisions can be in the game. That's not something I expected from a Supergiant game

Wozman23

Just sat down to play at midnight... and now see that it doesn't unlock on PS4 until Noon Eastern in the US.

PlayStation really needs to have some sense of consistency with launches, especially when the are pre-orderable and pre-loadable.

Xe4

Banned
Just sat down to play at midnight... and now see that it doesn't unlock on PS4 until Noon Eastern in the US.

PlayStation really needs to have some sense of consistency with launches, especially when the are pre-orderable and pre-loadable.

I think this was decided by Supergiant, considering it launches during business hours opening on the West cost, and at the same time on PS4 and Steam (please correct me if I"m wrong).

LiK

Thanks Badass for making the OT. I'm going in blind this time so no OT from me for a SGG title this time. :)

One thing Supergiant doesn't get enough credit for is the worlds they create. Especially now with Pyre where there is a lot of interaction with characters, you get a great sense of culture.

The one thing that isn't getting better sadly is the AI. Three rites in and the opposition has only managed to get to my pyre once.

One thing Supergiant doesn't get enough credit for is the worlds they create. Especially now with Pyre where there is a lot of interaction with characters, you get a great sense of culture.

The one thing that isn't getting better sadly is the AI. Three rites in and the opposition has only managed to get to my pyre once.
Could be early game/tutorial AI

patchday

Game looks very cool I love the art style. Never did give Transistor a whirl even though I own it. Will probably hit up Transistor first then check out this one after

Top Bottom