• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

caliph95

Gear 4 is kind of a question mark right now. As it stands, Katakuri technically couldn't replicate it due to the different properties between rubber and mochi. But while Luffy could use it, there's no guarantee he would be able to get a hit in. And if he does use it then he risks the stamina drain.

It's clear Gear 4 is going to come up, but it's hard to see what difference it could make.
I imagine Katakuri could do something similar to counter it since he did with elephant gun

Ray Down

Banned
Oda can always add more member to BB crew if he wants. I doubt we won't have a character joining in the last minutes.

If that was the case Oda would have add all the titans he needed/wanted during the time speak, but only 1.

Plus Luffy 10 comment.

NSESN

If that was the case Oda would have add all the titans he needed/wanted during the time speak, but only 1.

Plus Luffy 10 comment.

Then I doubt Carrot joins. The last crewmate would need a lot of hype before joining and Carrot doesn't give me that.
I am still of the opinion that she joins but won't be the last member.

Verelios

I was kind of waiting for Luffy to curbstomp mochi man when I realized that he's of a similar tier to motherfucking Benn Beckman. There's no way Luffy can win a fight against someone that strong so soon, not to mention their powers don't mesh well.

So now I'm re-evaluating how I've been looking at WCI and my disappointment with, yeah, it's absolutely right he gets wrecked.

caliph95

I was kind of waiting for Luffy to curbstomp mochi man when I realized that he's of a similar tier to motherfucking Benn Beckman. There's no way Luffy can win a fight against someone that strong so soon, not to mention their powers don't mesh well.

So now I'm re-evaluating how I've been looking at WCI and my disappointment with, yeah, it's absolutely right he gets wrecked.
Yeah I never had hope

Oh. Will you look at this? We're getting chapters on Friday.

I think this was another very good chapter. It's very telling that Oda took the time to show the impact of Pedro's death on the crew. As far as they know, this is the first time they've lost an ally on an adventure.

The biggest blockade to Luffy in this fight is Katakuri seeing into the future. The only weakness to it is that he can't see the future where he intervenes in something and he can't stop certain events that are out of his control.

Wonder if Katakuri will whip out his jelly beans again. We haven't seen them in a while. And where'd his trident go?

He hasn't even busted out any attacks just copying luffy he's toying with him at this point

When you put it like that, Luffy is completely outclassed. Other Yonko commanders like Marco and Benn Beckman are legitimate threats to admirals in their current state. Katakuri is simply copying Luffy at this point to fuck with his pride. He doesn't even have a scratch on him. Granted, the same happened before Luffy busted out Gear 4 on Cracker but he wasn't the strongest of Big Mom's commanders. Hell, Cracker still fucked up Luffy pretty bad and he would've lost without Nami.

At this current point, Katakuri is essentially the perfect counter for Luffy. This arc in general, has shown just how outclassed the Strawhats are at a Yonko crew level.

I know it's not something generally shown, but I do wonder if Oda wants to have some sort of mini-training arc on Wano. Either that or they all get a boost like they did during Water 7.

Puruzi

Banned
u3LhOuO.jpg

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I can't believe it took this long for Luffy's version of Shadow the Hedgehog/Racer X/Bass from Mega Man to show up. I also love how he's a mochi man. What should be the lamest power is actually really fucking powerful. I love this series.

Top Bottom