• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boruto |OT| Naruto Next Generations

Akai__

Honestly, all Shippuden feels like fillers so we can live with that.

Nah, the non-Filler episodes in Shippuuden were pretty good. Animation (except one part of that Pain fight), Story and Music were all pretty well done. The Filler Episodes just killed the pace of the show and none of them were worth watching.

Naruto seems to be a hundred times busier than Tsunade or Hiruzen and he even has clones helping him with the load, what the heck is he doing.

This is how I picture Naruto
spongebob-essay-o.gif

lmao
I find it hilarious and sad how he doesn't have the time to train Boruto even though the 1st and 2nd, who were hokage at far worse times, had time to train Hiruzen.

Desmond

I'm not sure if many know this, but there is a Special Episode named: "The Day Naruto Became Hokage".

Takes place before Boruto and it's worth a watch, since it's pretty funny and it's also pretty short.
Yeah it was initially a manga too.

rambis

Banned
Nah, the non-Filler episodes in Shippuuden were pretty good. Animation (except one part of that Pain fight), Story and Music were all pretty well done. The Filler Episodes just killed the pace of the show and none of them were worth watching.
Lol revisionism at its best. Shippuden had up and down quality just like this show will have. The deciding factor isnt canon vs filler, SP would often put their best staff on filler episodes. The destinction is outsourced episodes vs in house. What mostly contributes to that is the staff's scheduling and how available they are to work Naruto.

As far as watachability I will say that most were not worth watching but quite a few are. For instance, alot of the community is speculating that a big enemy in Boruto was revealed in shippuden fillers near the end.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Metal Lee is such a good name

Akai__

Yeah it was initially a manga too.

Don't read any Manga so I didn't know. But shit is too funny. :D

Lol revisionism at its best. Shippuden had up and down quality just like this show will have. The deciding factor isnt canon vs filler, SP would often put their best staff on filler episodes. The destinction is outsourced episodes vs in house. What mostly contributes to that is the staff's scheduling and how available they are to work Naruto.

As far as watachability I will say that most were not worth watching but quite a few are. For instance, alot of the community is speculating that a big enemy in Boruto was revealed in shippuden fillers near the end.

Revisionism? The show was just pretty good, besides the stupid Fillers, that's all.

Khezu

Shippuden at it's best was some weird filler arc, I don't remember much about it, but there was a fake Naruto who transformed into 4 tails, and a giant hydra.

It has like really really good animation for some reason.

N7.Angel

Shippuden is garbage, fillers or not, I've never seen a manga denying its roots like this one, pure garbage like DBSuper

rambis

Banned
Don't read any Manga so I didn't know. But shit is too funny. :D

Revisionism? The show was just pretty good, besides the stupid Fillers, that's all.
Saying the animation was good in the canon episodes versus the fillers is revisionism. That usually had nothing to do with the animation staff.

Shippuden is garbage, fillers or not, I've never seen a manga denying its roots like this one, pure garbage like DBSuper

You do understand that the anime is full of fillers and adapted by SP. This new anime is the same. The anime will never be like the manga for this reason.

Large parts of canon Shippuden were downright awful, come on now.
They went so overboard on flashbacks that they even resorted to having flashbacks to something that had earlier happened within that same episode!
Tragic.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Let's watch the Obito flashback for the eleventh time

They went so overboard on flashbacks that they even resorted to having flashbacks to something that had earlier happened within that same episode!
Tragic.

SP's poor direction at play here. Even with Kishi's boner for flashbacks, the flow is nowhere near as bad as it is in the anime.

Red Fire

Loved the two episodes! Everything great so far. The intro scene in episode 1 was hype!
Episode 2 was even better than 1.
Can't wait for 3.

rambis

Banned
Are we reading two different things? I said the Filler is not worth watching. Nowhere does it say that it has bad animation for example. Punctuation is there for a reason.
Im taking issue with the "all pretty well done" phrase if the point is escaping you.

Tragic.
Right. I never understood the hype behind Kishi's plots. The universe is superb though.

Sou Da

Right. I never understood the hype behind Kishi's plots. The universe is superb though.

Is it? I still don't understand what the fuck OG Naruto's world was at technology wise.

One minute there are fucking steam powered trains in coal country and the next there are color tvs.

Laiza

Tragic.
I badly want to see a cut-down version of the series with all the unnecessary flashbacks removed (or cut down to short 3-5 second segments with no dialogue). Naruto Kai would be quite something, just like how Dragonball Kai transformed the whole viewing experience.

rambis

Banned
Is it? I still don't understand what the fuck OG Naruto's world was at technology wise.

One minute there are fucking steam powered trains in coal country and the next there are color tvs.
Guess I never pay attention to that much lol. I meant more like the characters who all seem pretty unique and the different settings and backrounds.

theWB27

Would be cool to find out Jiraiya had a kid out wedlock.

My favorite time in Naruto Jiraiya the Toads and Sage Mode.

It's wild my favorite character is only remembered by the ones he taught. The only thing that can remind you of him is knowing how much he helped Naruto.

Dynomutt

It's wild my favorite character is only remembered by the ones he taught. The only thing that can remind you of him is knowing how much he helped Naruto.

Jiraiya Sensei was arguably one of the most human characters. He really held it down for Minato. Real talk Jiraiya passing was pretty sad but his death IMO allowed Naruto to make the largest leap in not just power but raw fundamentals. He really built upon it afterward. Looking forward to seeing how they work out Boruto since Naruto is alive. Him seeing his father pt in work in the movie was well done.

Khezu

Jirayas fight with pain is probably one of the best in the whole series.

So he will always be awesome to me.

theWB27

Jiraiya Sensei was arguably one of the most human characters. He really held it down for Minato. Real talk Jiraiya passing was pretty sad but his death IMO allowed Naruto to make the largest leap in not just power but raw fundamentals. He really built upon it afterward. Looking forward to seeing how they work out Boruto since Naruto is alive. Him seeing his father pt in work in the movie was well done.

I thought I lost my sensei when Lady Tsu told him what happened. Damn feels.

Jirayas fight with pain is probably one of the best in the whole series.

So he will always be awesome to me.

I know he had to stay to get the intel...but he should've left.

I badly want to see a cut-down version of the series with all the unnecessary flashbacks removed (or cut down to short 3-5 second segments with no dialogue). Naruto Kai would be quite something, just like how Dragonball Kai transformed the whole viewing experience.

Naruto Kai already exists. Its a fanmade cut. Condenses 700 episodes into 100 iirc.

Kyne

so this second episode was animated and drawn by Kishimoto's dog?

anyways, it's a little weird. It's like we're just watching Naruto all over again except now all of the cool traits for all the characters have been shoved into Boruto.

Chase17

Boruto 3

Fun episode!

It's hilarious that they are just playing Dragon Quest all the time.

Shikadai learned the Joestar family secret technique. Metal Lee is about what you'd expect.

Next week
Boruto and Sarada getting into a fight over who gets the last food item
should be good lol

amoham10

Neo Member
I know this is a minor issue but what the hell is the safety standards here? Boruto chucks a huge kunai at Metal Lee and if not for comedic effect, he would have been killed. Why didn't Shino quickly step in place to block or stop the blade? Seriously.

Also, how is a sensei of a class getting kunai thrown at him? Never once did I see such disrespect given in part 1 of Naruto. Are all the new age kids utter pricks?

Akai__

I know this is a minor issue but what the hell is the safety standards here? Boruto chucks a huge kunai at Metal Lee and if not for comedic effect, he would have been killed. Why didn't Shino quickly step in place to block or stop the blade? Seriously.

Also, how is a sensei of a class getting kunai thrown at him? Never once did I see such disrespect given in part 1 of Naruto. Are all the new age kids utter pricks?

Stopping that Fūma Shuriken Kakashi style would have been great:

Episode 3

That was awesome. Boruto is really a good kid. Loves his mom and sister and his frustrations towards Naruto feel more justified.

I really love these small fights and conflicts as opposed to the world ending epic ones from Shippuuden. The kids are likeable, and its a lot of fun watching the last generation as parents. Kind of bummed to see Temari reduced to being a simple housewife when she's basically royalty.

I think he officially became a squad leader in episode 1, cause he told Boruto to call him Sensei from now on. He does eventually become their leader though yes.

And yeah I agree Boruto is very likeable. I also understand why he isn't so fond of Naruto more now.

Oh right, I totally forgot that part. I was distracted watching Boruto drive him crazy lol.

I thought for sure that must have been someones kid, but I couldn't figure out who. I don't think we know about her parents yet, if she is someone notables kid.

Shes probably a new character then. Would be cool if she was related to someone from the previous generation.

I rather not think about the stupidity behind SP's story boards .___.

SoulUnison

Banned

One of the main themes of Boruto has seemingly always been "The next generation doesn't respect/understand the old ways."
And then, there's also the opposite, like Iwabi, who idealize the old Shinobi world and don't like that the world is expanding.

On that note, does anyone else find it weird that a bunch of these kids already know some pretty advanced Ninjutsu, but - according to episode 2 - they have NO idea what chakra even is?

Ross61

One of the main themes of Boruto has seemingly always been "The next generation doesn't respect/understand the old ways."
And then, there's also the opposite, like Iwabi, who idealize the old Shinobi world and don't like that the world is expanding.

On that note, does anyone else find it weird that a bunch of these kids already know some pretty advanced Ninjutsu, but - according to episode 2 - they have NO idea what chakra even is?

I think it was moreso that weird kind of chakra that emanated from Metal Lee and that other kid rather than chakra in general. At least, that's how I interpreted it.

Also another point, wasn't it said early on that chakra wasn't visible unless there were massive amounts of it? If that's the case, it taking "physical" form may be foreign to Boruto and pals.

Top Bottom