• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This guy does the best SNES music covers w real instruments

dickroach

Thanks for sharing this. That guy deserves way more views. I'd love it if he just handled the soundtrack for a remake of one of these games on his own.

agreed 1000%. but he had like 700 subs when i posted this, and now he's got 2k. it's crazy what a GAF thread can do.
https://socialblade.com/youtube/channel/UCZ7uHvfPDJH1xrD2sVViWqg look at that graph a little bit down.

again, for the record, i dunno this guy. i just think his recording are great. that last FF6 one <3

btrboyev

His videos are fantastic but I wish he could incorporate even more instruments, some of the tracks feel a little thin. I'm sure this is probably intentional, but personally I'd like to see some people helping him.

I think he wants them to still sound as close to the games as possible. And I think he's right for doing it that way.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I think he wants them to still sound as close to the games as possible. And I think he's right for doing it that way.

Yep, gotta agree. The moment he starts giving the tunes a more orchestral composition is the moment he starts sounding like every other "grand" cover, and that's not what he's about. He's going for faithfulness.

Damaniel

Banned

Out of all of his work, I think I like this one the best - an interesting mix, and very well executed.

I'm disappointed in how many legitimately good YouTube channels there are out there which don't get the recognition they deserve. In this case, all I can do is toss him Patreon money and hope that someday he manages to find a larger audience.

I'm disappointed in how many legitimately good YouTube channels there are out there which don't get the recognition they deserve. In this case, all I can do is toss him Patreon money and hope that someday he manages to find a larger audience.

Just too much stuff on Youtube to get traction. In my opinion, I think he'd be best off doing some live work and some VODs on Twitch, then post various bits to Youtube. This is exactly what guys like jonathanong77 are doing.

Seriously, check out jonathanong77 on Twitch.

This is right up his alley and I could see him getting a lot of traction by taking a crack at an album-length artistic interpretation of various RPG town and overworld songs in the chamber music style.

Top Bottom