• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMS |OT| (’-‘)-------------

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Just watched that video. He's got some serious patience, and good timing with those quick dodges.

Just watching Skyward with those Slapamanders was enough to annoy me. They gave me so much trouble during the TP, along with Mechanica's double hammers.
Seeing the words Skyward and then the initials TP in this post threw me for a loop at a glance.

datamage

Haven't been following this game too closely, is it running @ 1080p/720p (portable?)

Also, how well does it play when not using motion controls? Would you be at a huge disadvantage?

ngower

I missed both the beta/testfires so I'm going in dark. Mixed reactions have me on the fence, but some concrete plans for what's in store with the game ala Splatoon post-launch would have me intrigued.

13ruce

Banned
Quickly ordered the game somewhere else where i ordered it originally had a waiting of 2-3 days lol.

Will have ARMS tommorow now.

6YhBtCe.jpg

A fitting title ;)

ASIS

I don't think that there is any risk but some games have Japan specific SKU's and they might not be shown when you switch back region to US/EU.

So like the free updates and such?

I wanna join in so bad! But waiting one more day is nothing I can't handle either. I also don't like the idea of having ARMS in a separate account.

Pastry

Banned
Is Master Mummy an actual mummy or a human who chooses to dress up like a mummy.

Apparently his official nickname is "The Grim Creeper" lol

So like the free updates and such?

I wanna join in so bad! But waiting one more day is nothing I can't handle either. I also don't like the idea of having ARMS in a separate account.

If it makes you feel any better my Zelda BOTW Season Pass carried over from my main account (NA) to my Japanese account. Didn't have to rebuy it or anything so any free content should be fine no matter what account you buy/redeem it on.

Genio88

Can't wait for it, gonna buy it from US eShop where i already have the money, could someone tell me when exactly will it be available on the eShop? I live in europe

So I got this a day early from Base, I'm having a lot of trouble maneuvering and keeping up with Ribbon Girl on the 3rd training stage. I won in the end but only cause I did more damage to her. I'm using motion controls. Any tips or is it just a case of practice, practice, practice? The game is so much fun to play and full of charm that I don't even mind losing constantly.

Shahadan

So I got this a day early from Base, I'm having a lot of trouble maneuvering and keeping up with Ribbon Girl on the 3rd training stage. I won in the end but only cause I did more damage to her. I'm using motion controls. Any tips or is it just a case of practice, practice, practice? The game is so much fun to play and full of charm that I don't even mind losing constantly.

Practice yeah, but there are some arms better suited for "airborne" enemies like ribbon girl

I didn't get a chance to play the test fire, so I have some questions/worries:

- How were the non-motion controls? I'm looking at the pro controller set up and it seems a bit cluttered. Is it completely playable with non-motion controls?

- Is there enough content to justify $60? I feel like Splatoon had a solid 1P mode plus tons of modes after launch to justify it, and just going over the OP, I'm not sure.

I missed the test fire, which is my fault, but any help here would be great. Still not sure what I'm gonna do.

jobrro

Now I am in a lobby with just one person. We just keep playing against each other. I finally beat him lol.

Had a lot of fun during the testpunch! Also, one of the few fighting games I actually do pretty alright at.
Can't wait fo finally try out the full game tomorrow.

Min Min for the Win Win

jorgejjvr

Gold Member

- How were the non-motion controls? I'm looking at the pro controller set up and it seems a bit cluttered. Is it completely playable with non-motion controls?

- Is there enough content to justify $60? I feel like Splatoon had a solid 1P mode plus tons of modes after launch to justify it, and just going over the OP, I'm not sure.

I missed the test fire, which is my fault, but any help here would be great. Still not sure what I'm gonna do.
1. I find it much better without motion. I was having trouble, and then tried the pro controller and played like a dream, instantly clicked. I really think higher levels of play will be with traditional controls.

2. Price is relatively to everyone. It's a fighting game, so the core mechanics, the characters is what needs to sell you. We do know there's more coming for free, which adds to the value. Furthermore, I pre ordered from Amazon prime, and it was around $50, if that helps.

Shahadan

Normal controls are good, just use the triggers for punches instead of a and b and you're set
Also if you thought Splatoon 1 had enough content Arms has probably enough too

AdanVC

Yeah it's really weird Nintendo didn't released ARMS amiibo... I thought they were going to announce them this week at E3 and launch them sometime in the future but nope.

Maybe because of technical/packaging issues due to the characters long arms?? Trying to mantain those elongated arms with transparent stands would look ugly and weird and maybe that's why they got ditched in the end.

jwk94

- Traditional controls are fine. I actually played 90% of the testpunch with them and dominated with Mechanica. just sue the triggers to punch and Y and X to dash and jump.

- I'm kinda asking myself the same question, but the online seems worth it, plus you can unlock all those new arms.

MrMephistoX

Feel like this is a great marketing ploy to have it release the day after E3 with the tournaments. Excited for this and Splatoon...the Nintendo Whimsy has been sorely missed.

I do hope they patch in some kind of story mode as DLC though.

Top Bottom