• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

miku

We should be friends.

i agree, foxy-senpai!

tGuol8k.jpg

chrono01

When I get Iskandar I think I'll just go with A random Assassin and Alexander Waver is a bit garbage tier from what 4chan tells me
/s
If you really want to settle in for the long-game and go with the best possible start, Waver (Zhuge Liang in the tier list) and 4* Emiya would be the best possible start. Ideally, you'd want Heracles from the tutorial pull, choose Emiya from the Facebook reward, and roll Waver. Those three would do you a long time, well into endgame.

Also, can I get on the Mashu Love Train?

The OT is written as sarcasm but to answer your question, the story/writing is on par with full blown visual novels especially in the 2nd half of the story. Music is also pretty good and scenes have CG renders as well.

FGO is a very story heavy and is a game driven by its storyline

Apparently the story does actually become good after the first few chapters, but that won't be for a little while and certainly not at launch.
OK cool, thanks for clarification.

I might start watching Fate/Stay today with my wife. And I am also interested in that Fate Musou game on PS4.

Crap not available in Poland on play store - any idea if they are still adding countries ? Or is there any way to get it working through emulator ?

Not to worry, just download the APK directly off the web or via QooApp or APKPure. It's available in the latter right now. But you need to search "Fate/Grand Order (English)" exactly (no quotation marks, obviously) to get it in your search results.

Shadic7700

If you really want to settle in for the long-game and go with the best possible start, Waver (Zhuge Liang in the tier list) and 4* Emiya would be the best possible start. Ideally, you'd want Heracles from the tutorial pull, choose Emiya from the Facebook reward, and roll Waver. Those three would do you a long time, well into endgame.

Also, can I get on the Mashu Love Train?
Lol thanks for the advice will keep it in mind hopefully I won't have to reroll much.....
im gonna die rerolling on IOS

OK cool, thanks for clarification.

I might start watching Fate/Stay today with my wife. And I am also interested in that Fate Musou game on PS4.

Just be warned that the first anime is a bit of a mess from trying to tie together elements of all three routes of the visual novel (the VN still effectively being the best way to experience the original story, but it's still a daunting read), though I guess it's not bad. Unlimited Blade Works is significantly stronger (more interesting character development for the main character, incredible fight scenes, better overall visuals and more consistent tone, etc), but it's probably more worth watching after Fate/Zero, though that in itself is spoileriffic for stuff I'm pretty sure doesn't even show up in the first F/SN anime, nevermind UBW.

Funny thing is, Artoria would be viable for the Caster class, but she lacks the patience to actually learn magecraft, and, well, she's a bit snobbish about it. She makes up for it by basically being immune to all but the most extremely powerful forms of magic.

That, and considering she knows Merlin all too well, I guess she just thought it was a bad idea. Not that I blame her, mages are generally assholes in this setting.

T-Rex.

Banned
UMU. Hopefully I actually get Jeanne in this version smh.

Edit: Also if you have a specific servant in mind that you want to get, I.E. Nero, it's better to wait for a rate up gacha than using your quartz on the story one.

Azusa

I just hope my zerker curse wont follow me here too. I have tried countless times on my JP account to roll any berserker and I wasn't lucky enough.

Shadic7700

Actual question if I can't get Waver would EMYIA be just as good he's my favorite design and I'd probably reroll if I can't get Iskandar on this initial account

Actual question if I can't get Waver would EMYIA be just as good he's my favorite design and I'd probably reroll if I can't get Iskandar on this initial account

Waver is a 5* and people mean using the free quartz at the start to roll for him. The free tutorial roll is for 4* Servants only, of which Emiya is one. They are two separate things.

Edit: And you cannot get Iskandar (at least the adult version of him) in the game yet until like a year in or whenever they hold the Fate/Zero event.

Shadic7700

Edit: And you cannot get Iskandar (at least the adult version of him) in the game yet until like a year in or whenever they hold the Fate/Zero event.
Yeah I know I'm just gonna start an account now and start saving for him in futility but thanks for the reroll info will definitely try to get Waver and EMYIA tho that is gonna be impossible

Adeptrain

Man...this game's internal checks for rooted phones, emulators, and even debug dev features is kind of a turn off. I had to turn off the dev debug features on my phone to run the game :/

Yu Narukami

Sorry for being off-topic but in which order should I watch the Anime? I'm halfway through Stay Night. I googled but read different opinions.

Qurupeke

Sorry for being off-topic but in which order should I watch the Anime? I'm halfway through Stay Night. I googled but read different opinions.

Watch Fate/Zero and if you crave for more, watch Unlimited Blade Works though it's not as good. Fate/Apocrypha starts in a few days too.

xequalsy

Had to make a US iOS account to download the game. My slow as molasses laptop probably can't emulate this. This is good, makes it hard for me to spend money on it

Vanethyr

Think this might be the first smartphone game I'll play since nothing's come of Final Fantasy XI yet (plus I love me some Fate).

Got it downloaded and ready to go so I guess it remains to be seen what happens when I try to connect from the UK once it goes live.

Any suggestions who to roll for as a beginner? Go for Nero, you say? Great, that's exactly what I wanted to hear.

vall03

Are all 5* servants available right away? I though I read somewhere that you need to complete Story chapters and events first before they're added in the gacha pool. Because if they're available right away, I'm gonna reroll for Illya.

Qurupeke

What about the movies and what's First Order? Sorry I'm confused.

I think only Heaven's Feel (3 movies) is important, but they're not out yet. First Order is like a big ad to this game, you can watch it if you want, it's not connected with anything and it's sort of mediocre.

T-Rex.

Banned
Are all 5* servants available right away? I though I read somewhere that you need to complete Story chapters and events first before they're added in the gacha pool. Because if they're available right away, I'm gonna reroll for Illya.
Nah, some are story locked, and others are only available during special events. You'll have to wait for the Kaleid event to get her and that's going to be in a year or so.

vall03

Nah, some are story locked, and others are only available during special events. You'll have to wait for the Kaleid event to get her and that's going to be in a year or so.

So uh, is there a list of available 5* that are not locked? Don't know if I want to reroll if majority of them are locked. Might as well proceed with the 4* characters that I get from the beginning.

Azusa

So uh, is there a list of available 5* that are not locked? Don't know if I want to reroll if majority of them are locked. Might as well proceed with the 4* characters that I get from the beginning.

You will see the list of all available servant on the gatcha page.

Ok got apk installed now just crossing fingers for no IP blockade at server level.

Hmm so how important is rerolling into 5*? Is it do or die like FEH or nice bonus but not needed ?

Also are there any competitive events where score matters ?

Kuro

It really doesn't matter. At this point just finish stay/night then watch zero and you'll get a lot of clarification on things.

Azusa

Ok got apk installed now just crossing fingers for no IP blockade at server level.

Hmm so how important is rerolling into 5*? Is it do or die like FEH or nice bonus but not needed ?

Also are there any competitive events where score matters ?

Its not important. At all. All servants are usefully (well at least 3 to 5 stars. Hard to say about 1 and 2 stars). There are no required servants to clear story/events. Most 3 starts will have some sort of boosts on events too.

No PVP. No Ranks. No competitive events at all. Pure single player experience. You can make your team with yours servants. No need to check tier lists or team building guides.

coy

Just downloaded this and can't wait! I need something to replace FE:H as I think I'll be dropping it soon.

No PVP. No Ranks. No competitive events at all. Pure single player experience. You can make your team with yours servants. No need to check tier lists or team building guides.
This sounds great. My biggest problem with most gacha games are the tier-lists and the huge amount of useless characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom