• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 4 will be released on November 18th (PS4, Xbox One, PC, 360, PS3)

Teddified

Huh interesting. Surprised it's this year.

Also since the Pre-order limited is Single-player stuff I wonder if they're not doing Multi this time?

Looks like Far Cry 3: Uncharted 2 Edition.

I'm not sure if just trying to one up themselves on a loony flamboyant villain is going to do the trick, but we'll see if there's more to it than that.

I actually quite enjoyed Far Cry 3 though, so I'm down for this. It looks like they might have a more interesting and less repetitive environment this time around (at least I hope so, because my biggest problem with 3 was everywhere on the island looked pretty much the same). I also hope you don't play as the most obnoxious douche on the planet this time around.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
ivNWnRwO4Z90m.gif

Crossgen sucks but at least we'll get a good Far Cry experience on consoles for once. Nice to have another game for 2014 too.

Adam Blue

I'm still shocked the writer of that game written Child of Light.

I'm convinced the story just flew over people's heads. It took the idea of Heart of Darkness but modern day - yet the differentiator was making it personal. Reminded me also of a reverse Quest of Fire - which is exactly the kind of commentary I am interested in considering how humans socialize and deal with stress in modern day.

Probably the most misunderstood story in gaming.

i can't wait for the part where you get magical himalayan rune magic and then you have to qte fight a yeti and you mash some buttons on the yeti and if you fail then it keeps awkwardly transitioning into a death animation where the yeti kills you but if you win then the yeti gives you a yeti heart that lets you use Third World Magicks and you can do sick triple kills and also fill a bar

Day one baby! Getting the Uncharted 2, Just Cause 2 and Mercenaries 2 vibes from the premise of this one; all of which is a positive in my book.

Edit: Kinda disappointed about the cross gen situation, but hopefully this is being developed for current gen and down ported to PS360.

Everyone moaning about cross-gen needs to stop being so "me!" minded. I know everyone who has already upgraded to current gen gives no shits about last gen anymore, but by the time this game releases the current gen consoles will have been out for around a year. You seriously expect last gen to stop getting support so soon? Crazy.

whoszed

Whaaaaaaaa

Hopefully they're going to try and do something interesting with the story and they'd come up with a more interesting protagonist this time. Judging by that picture there's going to be a bit of social commentary (even if a bit exaggerated) which is nice.

I'm not sure how old gen will be able to handle this game. This definitely increased the chances of me getting a PS4 in the near future.

Denzar

i can't wait for the part where you get magical himalayan rune magic and then you have to qte fight a yeti and you mash some buttons on the yeti and if you fail then it keeps awkwardly transitioning into a death animation where the yeti kills you but if you win then the yeti gives you a yeti heart that lets you use Third World Magicks and you can do sick triple kills and also fill a bar

Fuck. You too?

Far Cry 3 spoilers

I hope they don't kill off their villain half way through the game. FC3 never really recovered after that.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
I tried Far Cry 3 on PS3 and thought it was garbage. I later played it on PC and thought it was pretty good, all things considering. It featured a metric ton of bloat but once you get past that it has a few good ideas that it delivers on. Let's hope this is good.

And why is this on last generation consoles?

Let's see if Ubisoft can manage 1080p on at least one console this time.

image.php

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
As long as the protag isnt some irritating chump this time am sure Ill enjoy the game a lot more.

Far Cry 3 on PC was a beautiful game. It looked decent on consoles but suffered from severe low resolution graphics and muddy textures. So, if they actually choose to optimize for the next gen consoles, hopefully it being cross gen won't affect what PS4 and Xbox One owners end up playing. Here's hoping.

Praying that the villain isn't gay and or horribly portrayed. It's not diversity if they're a stereotype, and everyone hates them for being gay.

I tried Far Cry 3 on PS3 and thought it was garbage. I later played it on PC and thought it was pretty good, all things considering. It featured a metric ton of bloat but once you get past that it has a few good ideas that it delivers on. Let's hope this is good.

And why is this on last generation consoles?

Let's see if Ubisoft can manage 1080p on at least one console this time.

LL

Maybe 1008p

MormaPope

Banned
]But.. in reality this is a 360ps3 game, with higher res textures (and higher res output ofc)on ps4xb1[/B], so naturally ps4xb1 owners are going to complain

To be honest, if this was current gen only that would still be what the game would amount to. Two years is not enough time to take the traditional Ubisoft open world format and make it into something unique. If this was current gen only you can now do more pointless shit in a even bigger world.

Wouldn't surprised if you can turn into a yeti this time by collecting dead animal carcasses and channeling yeti power through the Tibetan TATAU that was inked on your back.

I didn't buy the last last game because of the incomplete bar filling features. This sequel sounds like the perfect thing for me then.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Antagonist will be an eccentric millionaire with a quirky campy personality laden with unprovoked violent cray cray streaks hunting for a mythological lost treasure based on ancient cartography and engraved runestones handed down through the family / came to him in a drug induced fever that nobody believes is real but in the end is VERY real and VERY cursed and then you play you fight Uncharted zombie nazis and wonder what the fuck happened.

Top Bottom