• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FTL: Advanced Edition |OT|: Now on iPad (and free update on PC!)

Using the default. Should I play it on easy to unlock ships?

You should play on Easy until it's no longer a challenge. Even on Easy the game is quite hard until you get the hang of it, it will probably still take you quite a few tries to finish it. Playing on Easy will give you a better grasp on its fundamentals without the much less forgiving resource curve of Normal.

Also, you might find this helpful:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=45775649&postcount=1191

Zeth

Unlocked all but one Type A on easy - think I'm ready for normal. Or I might continue on Easy to get that last one. I'm guessing clearing everything else A/B might be easier than that random event chain?

Played this game for the first time this year and put a good 70 hours in already. It's so good.

Unlocked all but one Type A on easy - think I'm ready for normal. Or I might continue on Easy to get that last one. I'm guessing clearing everything else A/B might be easier than that random event chain?

Played this game for the first time this year and put a good 70 hours in already. It's so good.

If you're playing with the Advanced stuff on, Rock C makes things much less complicated. It's definitely worth it just for the hilariously broken madness.

Sorry for the necrobump, this is the most recently bumped FTL thread I could find. I recently got the itch to play this again, and man, I keep forgetting how engaging and fun this game is. Definitely game of the forever.

Still, the bump isn't about that. It's because after several years of looking, I've finally found a game that, even if not nearly as incredible as FTL is, it has gameplay that is quite reminiscent of it, and is also very fun. It's Convoy, a sort of FTL meets Mad Max / Car Wars, and even though it was already mentioned in Toma's thread of indies last year, I think it deserves a bit more exposure here.

1.png

2744472-roadrage.jpg

ss_f66c3829adfdeeecdd22cd103d9ecf146164cfb8.1920x1080.jpg

ss_ce189b926810c678d3bc7807ae078be6ea085467.1920x1080.jpg

It's definitely and unabashedly (literally, the devs themselves recognize as much) based on FTL, going so far as to mimic the look and feel, not just of the game but of many of its menus, right down to using the exact same font, but it's genuinely its own thing as far as combat and traversal are concerned. It's also on sale on the Humble Store (you get DRM free and Steam versions) at half price (6.50€ or 7.50$) for the next 11 days. I impulse bought it and have been having quite some fun with it, with zero regrets.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Anyone else dust off this game after the announcement of Into the Breach?

I've been trying my hand at completing a few self-imposed challenges lately. Finally got through one that I had been trying on and off for a long time before: having one of each of the 8 races employed on one ship.

D71D1C96157EB96756C25246F13C5EFB67837248

There were a maddeningly large number of runs where Ruwen simply did not exist on the same path as an abandoned sector. I do wish the lanius could be encountered elsewhere.

I think I've got 600+ hours logged now. There aren't that many other singleplayer games I have that are as replayable as this one.

Anyone else dust off this game after the announcement of Into the Breach?

I've been trying my hand at completing a few self-imposed challenges lately. Finally got through one that I had been trying on and off for a long time before: having one of each of the 8 races employed on one ship.

D71D1C96157EB96756C25246F13C5EFB67837248

There were a maddeningly large number of runs where Ruwen simply did not exist on the same path as an abandoned sector. I do wish the lanius could be encountered elsewhere.

I think I've got 600+ hours logged now. There aren't that many other singleplayer games I have that are as replayable as this one.

That is crazy. Congratulations and mad props on the dedication. :)

Into the what? :eek:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1342815

Top Bottom