• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unearthed: Trail of Ibn Battuta announced - It's Uncharted but in Arabic

RaikuHebi

Banned
Sure, it's a commendable effort. If a few years ago you would've told me a Saudi's development studio would develop a game that would land on the PS Store and Steam I wouldn't have believed you. With that said, you have to judge a game for what it really is, which is here "BAD"
To its defense, it didn't portray Morocco as Saudi's media usually does, ha ha

As developpers go, Ubisoft Casablanca is still better though
I'm curious to know how Morocco is usually portrayed by Saudi media? Looked down upon because of its Secularity? And/Or because they are mostly Berbers?

GavinUK86

What. The. Holy. Fuck.

It would be interesting to know when he did the voice work on this game. It had to of been way before The Last of Us & Bioshock Infinite. No way would he would do this game after those successes. Doubt they could even afford him nowadays.

Sure, it's pretty commendable to try to create something like Uncharted on a measly budget that they probably had, but when something turns out this bad it doesn't help them in the long run. Maybe it was another case of where they couldn't see the forest for the trees so to speak.

What. The. Holy. Fuck.

It would be interesting to know when he did the voice work on this game. It had to of been way before The Last of Us & Bioshock Infinite. No way would he would do this game after those successes. Doubt they could even afford him nowadays.

Sure, it's pretty commendable to try to create something like Uncharted on a measly budget that they probably had, but when something turns out this bad it doesn't help them in the long run. Maybe it was another case of where they couldn't see the forest for the trees so to speak.

Bro your avatar has changed like 3 times in the last 5 minutes and it's freaking me out.

Yuterald

Yo, I just saw the trailer for this game on Steam. Holy shit...is this supposed to be a joke game or what? I think I need to play this. It looks so bad and good.

DukeBobby

After beating it, whatever it's not that bad. It's not good, but anyone saying 'zomg worst game evar' is either drowning in hyperbole or hasn't played that many games.

Shit it's better than Duke Nukem Forever. Mostly because it's only 1 hour long instead of 10.

I've played many games (including a ton of shit ones), and this is the worst one I've ever played. No hyperbole.

When a game doesn't have a single redeeming feature, it deserves to sit at the bottom of the shit pile.

I've played many games (including a ton of shit ones), and this is the worst one I've ever played. No hyperbole.

When a game doesn't have a single redeeming feature, it deserves to sit at the bottom of the shit pile.
It let me invert my y axis and allow a widescreen resolution. It was short. Two things plenty of other games don't and aren't.

That car sequence was just a little fun simply because it really liked to spin completely out of control.

It's so good that Troy Baker got into the Uncharted rip-off. He's thiiiiis close to out-Nolan North-ing Nolan North - all he has to do now is be in Uncharted PS4, and the cycle will be complete.

Teggy

Noticed that this was part of the Indie Royale bundle right now, so if people felt dumb buying this you could say you wanted Bleed or some other game and had to take this with it.

I did look it up on Steam and they've put patches out. Reading the patch notes are pretty enlightening. A sample:

- Prevent "Take downs", "interaction", "Aiming" and "Firing" while jumping. (Thanks to Youtuber Vinesauce)
- Swapped "LB for LT" and "RB for RT" on the Xbox 360 Controller. "RB" is now used for throwing Grenades. (Thanks to community member Turniplord)

It's like they had never played a game before.

Top Bottom