• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVII| New Generation - Connection To Haters Was Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking about it, Necalli was probably weak for a few reasons.

The first reason is because he didn't get to absorb anyone. At least, anyone notable. All of the people he was supposed to eat got away, and the only time he goes full power IIRC is against a buffed Ryu.

The second reason is because each time, for the most part, he fights people that outnumber him or it isn't worth his time. The first fight is against Balrog, but Necalli was aiming for Urien and not the boxer. Outnumbered on that front, he bounces from the fight. Second fight was against Ryu, where he actually does alright, then Sim sets in and Necalli leaves because the moon goes away or something. I guess he figures Ryu isn't ripe enough because he seemed pretty happy when he left.

Then he shows up at Bison's joint, who's buffed up as well. It took Bison staggering him and FANG hitting him with that poison, which ain't anything to fuck with. Necalli leaves. Later, he sees Charlie and Rashid and tries to eat them. They get away.

The last fight is against Ryu, who's power is literally the opposite of his, and thus he gets melted. I think Akuma's battle happened after the story mode, and that's when Necalli is finally killed, but who knows. Akuma is still the strongest in the story so far (at least with Oro and Gill not in V), so that's fine.

So really, if you think about it, Necalli was never at full power up until his fight against Ryu, and the fights he lost he was either outnumbered or just gave up because it wasn't worth his time. Additionally, since Necalli absorbed the Warrior Prophet, homeboy is probably nerfed because of that. It's not that Necalli jobs during the story, it's that they never let him reach full power enough to pose a real threat.

tl;dr Necalli was never at full power and the story never let him go all out. If only he had st-strong souls to eat.
You don't need to put too much thought into it.

Necalli was made entirely by a 5-year old.

Goes Super Saiyan? Check
Talks just like I do? Check
Has wild hair? Check
Can stay up past bedtime? Check
Has everything? Check
Is super good? Check
If it works like Ermac , is that if he absorbs to much or something to powerful he begins to deteriorate, which it seems is happening in 5.
It probably doesn't work like Ermac because clearly thought was put into Ermac. Same cannot be said for Necalli.

MCD250

I reckon they'll probably do a bundle for the new costumes, but hard to say whether it'll be a single bundle for the school costumes and the work costumes, or two separate bundles.

I'm keen to buy the school stuff, but the work costumes aren't grabbing me. And I'll get the Bipson stage with fight money.

Skilletor

Lucebuce going IN on Necalli. hahahahahahahahaha

Legit lol'ed at:

Talks just like I do? Check
Has wild hair? Check
Can stay up past bedtime? Check

Village

It probably doesn't work like Ermac because clearly thought was put into Ermac. Same cannot be said for Necalli.

It can, because necalli isn't a recolor of another character they had to retrofit into its own character.

Ermac is literal was the literal opposite of thought for the longest.

Don't be upset you like the character no one else likes.

Xeteh

I'd say FANG is more like a 5 year old.

Can barely walk.
Can only count to 2.
Hands are dirty all the time.
Looks up to someone for everything.

Village

I need an explanation on what exactly is on fangs hands.

And why does it turn people into the dust from inside those sugar straws

XenoRaven

I thought his whole deal was a play on those people who gradually expose themselves to a certain type of venom until they build an immunity, only taken to the extreme with FANG, to the point where he has literal poison running through his veins.

Village

that works.

Like how i played all those bad sonic games, and now i'm now filled with a contempt that makes me immune to bad platformers.

Torry

Neo Member
Exactly. The only good costume is his default and granted he has multiple awesome colours for them but it's just not the same.

Same situation with Birdie IMO. His premium costume sucks and his story is an abomination.

Can you really, with a straight face, say that F.A.N.G's story costume is garbage?

My respect for you as F.A.N.G -senpai depends greatly on your answer.

At this point, I'll take almost anything for Ken. Pajamas and a t-shirt, something.
Speaking as an Alex main I say you should watch what you say carefully lol.
Comparative bust/waist/hip according to a random wiki:
R. Mika: 97cm (38"), 72cm (28"), 93cm (37")
Rose: 96cm (38"), 57cm (22"), 86cm (34")
Ibuki: 95cm (37"), 57cm (22"), 90cm (35")
Chun-li: 88cm (34"), 58cm (22"), 90cm (35")
Cammy: 86cm (34"), 57cm (22"), 88cm (35")

Obviously they've been "buffing" Chunners lately, but Ibuki is on the higher end. Laura and Kolin weren't listed on the wiki.

Now I hate you and myself.
WHAT THE FUCK MAN, fucking Alex with his garbage win rate, garbage usage rate, ALL AROUND GARBAGE LEGACY gets a FIFTH fucking premium costume.

Meanwhile FANG is here sitting in his low tier corner pining for SOMETHING ANYTHING fucking table scraps at this point, and he's not gonna get shit.

Birdie is also here FUCKING WINNING RANKING EVENTS, being used and being generally a good character but he gets JACK SHIT.

FUCK YOU ALEX, YOU MISTAKE OF A CHARACTER. AND FUCK YOU CAPCOM FOR NOT TREATING HIM AS THE MISTAKE HE IS.

ALSO WHAT THE FUCK CHUN? Why does she get 2 FUCKING COSTUMES IN A SINGLE THEMED EVENT? And to top it off, BOTH OF THEM ARE FUCKING FANTASTIC AND SOMETHING THAT I WOULD GLADLY BUY IF IT WERE FOR KOLIN OR A CHARACTER I LIKE.

sorry needed to get that out of my system.
Your dedication to FANG is admirable, and even though I don't care for him, he definitely does get screwed in the DLC department, along with a lot of others.

Alex is not your enemy though. He's just got the hustle (and the body) that can make enough (gay) bank to infiltrate Capcom's all boobs agenda. The men of SFV need to stand together or get crushed by The Cheesecake Factory.
Let's all just remember, life in NYC is expensive, even in an unlicensed trailer. Alex needs that $$$, and his body is like an ATM card just waiting to be swiped.
This thread is delivering so much today.

Can't stop laughing
JP Company using a US F2P model while ignoring the US office.
Too bad I don't follow or play F2P games. Then I'd have an idea of what you are talking about. They clearly bungled the execution, though.
For what it's worth, they DID do a bundle for the Christmas DLC after having people yell at them time and time again for one.

So I would be honestly surprised if it's not available here too.
I feel like an idiot for missing out on the Christmas DLC bundle, but I think I was so down on SFV at the time that I just didn't want to buy anything SFV related.
Thinking about it, Necalli was probably weak for a few reasons.

The first reason is because he didn't get to absorb anyone. At least, anyone notable. All of the people he was supposed to eat got away, and the only time he goes full power IIRC is against a buffed Ryu.

The second reason is because each time, for the most part, he fights people that outnumber him or it isn't worth his time. The first fight is against Balrog, but Necalli was aiming for Urien and not the boxer. Outnumbered on that front, he bounces from the fight. Second fight was against Ryu, where he actually does alright, then Sim sets in and Necalli leaves because the moon goes away or something. I guess he figures Ryu isn't ripe enough because he seemed pretty happy when he left.

Then he shows up at Bison's joint, who's buffed up as well. It took Bison staggering him and FANG hitting him with that poison, which ain't anything to fuck with. Necalli leaves. Later, he sees Charlie and Rashid and tries to eat them. They get away.

The last fight is against Ryu, who's power is literally the opposite of his, and thus he gets melted. I think Akuma's battle happened after the story mode, and that's when Necalli is finally killed, but who knows. Akuma is still the strongest in the story so far (at least with Oro and Gill not in V), so that's fine.

So really, if you think about it, Necalli was never at full power up until his fight against Ryu, and the fights he lost he was either outnumbered or just gave up because it wasn't worth his time. Additionally, since Necalli absorbed the Warrior Prophet, homeboy is probably nerfed because of that. It's not that Necalli jobs during the story, it's that they never let him reach full power enough to pose a real threat.

tl;dr Necalli was never at full power and the story never let him go all out. If only he had st-strong souls to eat.

Edit: Also, since it'll be easier to find people through the CFN in the new update, the matchmaking will be better, and other such luxuries, will EA become better? No because their hosts are comprised of a dude who whines a lot and is always down on himself and another guy who spends too much time placating his friend. Gootecks takes himself way too seriously, and Mike doesn't pop off like he used to. He also doesn't have the reads he used to have in 4, that shit was sick. Even with its problems, I'm able to watch other streams play SFV and it's not too bad.
I think it was a serious mistake on their part to design Necalli's powerset in such a way. For him to get stronger it seems that other characters have to die and killing off even the most unpopular characters is a line most companies are not willing to cross. They should try to retcon his absorption powers if they do ever plan to do another cinematic story mode update. Just having to fulfill certain conditions while beating a fighter should power him up because he is never going to fully digest anyone.

Beckx

lowkey i wouldn't mind them putting Ed in as a playable character if they made him like a Mob Psycho psychopath kid.

No one will get this reference but I want you to know that I appreciate it.

♫♫~風になれ~♫♫

what's up with his hands generally

admittedly i have to play with all settings on med and post processing on low just to hit 60fps so i see a lot of weird effects at times, his hands being among the weirdest.

Bob White

17990505_10106413963392848_3843421215629753101_o.jpg

Found this on my facebook feed. Akuma still looks dumb as shit

Ryce

Tuesday - school costumes, Thailand stage
Wednesday - CFN/beta update
Thursday - work costumes

I’m hoping they’ll close the week out with one last announcement tomorrow.

I still won but that SINGULAR moment rollback lol...
I need to start recording, my matches...

Just now I CC into CA only to rollback into me eating a CA from Zangief lol....

Just more proof this game is putrid on WIFI, friend's rebuilding his OS on main PC, he has gaming Laptop, rollback every game, i ask him if he's on WIFI, he switch ethernet, ROLLBACK GONE..

Edzi

Just more proof this game is putrid on WIFI, friend's rebuilding his OS on main PC, he has gaming Laptop, rollback every game, i ask him if he's on WIFI, he switch ethernet, ROLLBACK GONE..

Don't play fighting games on wifi. That isn't an SFV problem.

petran79

Banned
SFV Windows version got even more screwed.
Hadnt launched game for weeks, now it does not run at all.

After browsing through all the solutions found below, I am not even sure what causes it. Tried simpler things like adding game to antivirus exclusions, then I read things like changing network adapter settings etc
For other users it may even be an ISP problem.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Rave_Zero/myworkshopfiles/?section=guides&appid=310950

I will not play the game for a long time after this. Cleaning a Windows virus is a much easier experience.

Xeteh

Nope, SFV is shit, we played MKX before getting bored and it was lag free on WIFI, the new MKXL netcode is fucking great, Capcom can learn something from NRS..

Yeah, I remember MKX's sick PC launch.

You might think Wifi is fine on your end but its stuttery for other people.

Mizerman

Nope, SFV is shit, we played MKX before getting bored and it was lag free on WIFI, the new MKXL netcode is fucking great, Capcom can learn something from NRS..

Considering that disastrous PC launch and what not, it had better be "fucking great." They don't get extra credit for that and neither will Capcom.

Yeah, I remember MKX's sick PC launch.

You might think Wifi is fine on your end but its stuttery for other people.

Yes MKX launch was horrible, pathetic, and should be sued for that travesty, but they went back and fixed their game, they heard the complaints, the new Netcode is outstanding....

Always on discord with friends when we play can hear complaints about lag from 5miles away, or my friend in Cali, or down in NC, or in Ohio...

For all the issues this game has, getting in a match and having a close set really makes it worth the troubles. I just fought a Ken with a 2-1 with my Necalli, and he was doing tricky shit like whatever-that-long-kick-move is and then following up with a short DP. Caught me twice on that, but on the second time I caught his ass with a stmp. Feels good when you can actually whiff punish once in a while.

Thursday - work costumes

I'm hoping they'll close the week out with one last announcement tomorrow.

I have huge doubts. The blogpost didn't mention anything else so I think that's it. Would have liked one extra mode, but whatever.

Hopefully we get that character reveal. I feel like you owe me, Capcom. At least drop a trailer on me.

I think it was a serious mistake on their part to design Necalli's powerset in such a way. For him to get stronger it seems that other characters have to die and killing off even the most unpopular characters is a line most companies are not willing to cross. They should try to retcon his absorption powers if they do ever plan to do another cinematic story mode update. Just having to fulfill certain conditions while beating a fighter should power him up because he is never going to fully digest anyone.

Yeah, maybe allow him to absorb people but not kill them. Would have been better that way. And they get released at the end or something. I dunno.

Thursday - work costumes

I’m hoping they’ll close the week out with one last announcement tomorrow.
I always thought the Thailand stage was boring. The only thing it has going for it is there is a small gathering present to watch the fight that makes it feel somewhat alive.

Ryce

I always thought the Thailand stage was boring. The only thing it has going for it is there is a small gathering present to watch the fight that makes it feel somewhat alive.
I'm pretty happy with any new stage, honestly. The Thailand stage looks nice and adds a new country to the mix.

I wish they added a toggle to add the night version that they had artwork for. Or maybe it could be the 2nd or 3rd round version of the stage

I'm pretty happy with any new stage, honestly. The Thailand stage looks nice and adds a new country to the mix.
They could have at least put the characters at an angle from the bells to make it more dynamic and have them ringing or something.
I wish they added a toggle to add the night version that they had artwork for. Or maybe it could be the 2nd or 3rd round version of the stage

All the stages should have had day to night transitions like the old Fatal Fury games did.

Beckx

Aren't Guile and Ken good dads?

Ken is a non-dad character who happens to have a kid that he abandons all the time

Guile is semi-dad status I guess taking care of Abel and stuff

i guess oddly enough Dan is kinda of good dad status in his SFIV incarnation in the way he tries (emphasis: tries) to take care of Sakura.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom