• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gotham S3 |OT| Not Filming In Vancouver - Mondays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal B

It is not regular Poison Ivy ... it is
Adult Poison Ivy with THE MIND OF A CHILDREN
You know, this could actually become a genius new way of defining Poison Ivy's origins on a BTA's Mr. Freeze level!

Think about the undertone of the scenario:
"A 14 year old girl get touched by a monster and has to premature deal with her sexuality."
This actually makes her growing insanity and hate for humanity much more relatable, then a simple scientist becomes Super Hot Plantlady story. Insanity always has something to do with tragic and this would actually give her a good and dark history. Especially since we know the small, poor girl in the beginning and we want her to become normal again.
Of course the execution is important ... But the idea is great and much more in tone with a modern, psychological Batman story.

Metal B

at the rate this show is going im expecting full blown Batman to show up near the end.
Why not. He could start similar to Batman First-Year or Daredevil Session 1, where he is a novice hero vigilante, who learns a lot of Gotham's underworld, the need for gadgets, more training, more knowledge and that he needs to become a symbol. Give Bruce his wonder-boy years, so that it make sense, that he would turn a young Dick into Robin.

The only good that could come of them suddenly maturing Poison Ivy is if they introduce Harley as well. Otherwise it just seems like they doing something weird with the character for weirdness' sake.

xGao6VD.png

"Jessica Lucasas"

Yes, she has nice assets, but that's not her real name.

Edit:
Oh wait, I get it now! It's "Jessica Lucas as", but with no space...

AudioEppa

I just remembered it comes back this month, super excited! One of my favorite shows currently. It's my #2 next The 100.

Pachimari

The only good that could come of them suddenly maturing Poison Ivy is if they introduce Harley as well. Otherwise it just seems like they doing something weird with the character for weirdness' sake.
They will introduce the proto of Harley but we don't know if that'll happen in Season 3 or 4.

I love that they grew up Ivy Poison. Finally I'm getting my sexy flower.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Adult Ivy is fitting in the sense that everything about Gotham is degenerate, and creepy and deviant.

Still, I can't believe they are willing to go there.

Pachimari

I don't understand why it's an issue or why people are stunned at the fact that they grew up Ivy physically. Making her a child on the inside is interesting to say the least but I'm curious where they'll take her.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I don't understand why it's an issue or why people are stunned at the fact that they grew up Ivy physically. Making her a child on the inside is interesting to say the least but I'm curious where they'll take her.

It's not that they grew her physically, but that they are very clearly sexualizing somebody who
is still metally a child
from the sound of the previews.

Bruce is going to die from an aneurysm.

Because it's basically "statutory rape: the plotline". I mean...I GUESS it'll depend on execution, but if they don't play it at least partly for titillation, I'll be stunned.

Pachimari

It's not that they grew her physically, but that they are very clearly sexualizing somebody who
is still metally a child
from the sound of the previews.

Bruce is going to die from an aneurysm.

Because it's basically "statutory rape: the plotline". I mean...I GUESS it'll depend on execution, but if they don't play it at least partly for titillation, I'll be stunned.

I guess I can see where you're coming from, but it's honestly not bothering me much really.

i don't remember Big that much but didn't 12 year old tom hanks get laid with a grown woman? lol.

it's been done before.

Im kinda more excited for Vikki's aunt over other stuff this season.

at the rate this show is going im expecting full blown Batman to show up near the end.
At first I doubted that but honestly with the underperformances of the movies so far and the ridiculous love for the tv stuff(at the same time as Marvel actually getting competitive with their Netflix stuff) and lacking a mainstream cartoon,
Im starting to think DC/WB will be getting more and more open to it if they continue to see it as a way to keep themselves up there with Marvel overall.

Especially with Superman on Supergirl( however I really think that will be like 2 episodes and then death/leaving Earth just to cover how horrendously they did last season.)

For the final shot of the series I want to see Batman sitting in the batcave at the computer while https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBsKplb2E6Q takes us out.

As long as it isn't a Batman version of this.

https://youtu.be/21aWYmXrKJg?t=1m47s

I mean that wouldn't have been bad at all if it looked better and there wasn't other bullshit before we got to that point.

LOL, no I just mean that as a call back to the S1 final.
Its works better as a summary of the series than a cheesy "call to action" type ending like that smallville ending.

Also immediately before that i'd have an actual scene between Lieutenant/Commissioner Gordon and Batman that would be pretty similar to the Begins scene.

Cue "I'll look into it"
Followed by the scene I mentioned.

Platy

LOL, no I just mean that as a call back to the S1 final.
Its works better as a summary of the series than a cheesy "call to action" type ending like that smallville ending.

Also immediately before that i'd have an actual scene between Lieutenant/Commissioner Gordon and Batman that would be pretty similar to the Begins scene.

Cue "I'll look into it"
Followed by the scene I mentioned.

The more I think about the more I want this series to kill Bruce before he becomes Batman.

Break the continuity COMPLETLY.

I saw that they're bringing in
Selina's mother... They're going to try and get Michelle Pfeiffer for that, right? Don't really care that she's in her late 50s
, it can still work.

strafer

I saw that they're bringing in
Selina's mother... They're going to try and get Michelle Pfeiffer for that, right? Don't really care that she's in her late 50s
, it can still work.

That would fucking rule since they already look like mother and daughter.

styl3s

That would fucking rule since they already look like mother and daughter.
It's fucking uncanny is what it is.

Gotham went from a show that i forced myself to get through (season 1) and yeah in the later 3rd of the season it starts to kickoff but Season 2 was excellent from start to finish and it's now part of my list of shows that i watch as it airs week-week. Most shows i either wait till they are over or wait till i have a few DVR'd and watch a few here and there.

Pachimari

I hope Jerome dies in a fire in the first episode, so we don't have to suffer more from him and his shenigans.

Kill Mooney too, damn is she annoying.

Phyranion

I'm willing to give Mooney a chance. I didn't have a problem with her before that weird island arc in season 1, and with her new superpower she might be fun.

Oddduck

About Mooney...

She's only a minor guest star
for a small two-three episode arc.

Anyways about Ivy...

Finding a cure for her "condition" could be the thing that gets her interested in becoming a scientist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom