• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Andrew Garfield is "The Amazing Spider-Man" (official title)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinCow

Banned
I feel like The Avengers gave people their fill on one kind of superhero movie at the beginning of the summer, and TDKR is set to fill the other kind at the end of the summer.

ASM is just kinda sandwiched in between both movies, not just in terms of release, but also in terms of style and tone. It's not going to have the same action spectacle that Avengers had, and if you're looking for a more dramatic and character-focused movie, TDKR is probably a safer bet. Plus you've got the END OF A TRILOGY and EPIC CROSSOVER LIKE HAS NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE, both the culmination of years of build-up, versus... reboot, origin story.

While I'm not super hyped for ASM, I'll almost certainly see it. Sounds like Garfield is a much better actor Spidey than Tobey ever was. Finally getting a live-action Spidey who fights by bouncing all over the place while spouting jokes will be reason enough for me to check it out.

But I feel like the average person isn't gonna watch 3 superhero movies in one summer. And if they were gonna choose two this summer, it was gonna be the other two.

...I dunno, I hate to be Mr. Negative, but I can see this one underperforming.

Edit: God dammit.

Oh well. I don't wanna be Mr. Negative on the first page of the OT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom