• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So what's on your wish list for Animal Crossing on the Switch?

I just want them to finally evolve the series. We've basically gotten the same game 4 times now (5 if you want to count Animal Forest) with small additions here and there, it's time to do something new.

This is pretty much where I am. One thing I would really want (although purists would likely hate it) is the the ability to put everything on hold for a while. It's always been a hard game to come back to because I didn't want to spend the first hour weeding and killing bugs.

Raitaro

I only have one modest wish: no more rolling pin type world.

I want them to go back to the first AC's segmented world in other words, or preferably for them to make a bigger continuous version of that also allows for height differences. Give me a game world with hills and valleys please!

(I also wouldn't mind a bigger reinvention of the series as some above me have mentioned as long as it does not lose the core "cosyness" of the originals.)

Pbae

Dood, I just want to be able to play arcade cabinets or mini games on the systems you can buy as decoration.

Kind of like Yakuza or Shenmue.

Bigger homes with the possibilities of roommates. I think it could make your home more interesting and give you more to do at home. Not to mention new interactions with villagers.

The decision to not do a mainline game on Wii U and instead focus on spinoffs and amiibos was a strange one, especially when considering that Animal Crossing is probably the most successful IP out of EAD not part of the big three. (Mario, Kart, and Zelda)

It's not that strange considering the Wii U was a bomb. It would of been dumb to waste another big IP on that stinker.

gweemz

I just want to see a proper AC for the Switch, which is bigger than the others with more items and more to do.

Would also be cool to get some global events kind of like the Splatoon Splatfests.

shiftcaps

Neo Member
Really not happening. And honestly, the series has moved on way past the point where we need NES games as "something to do". Its very much its own thing now.

Though you could make the same argument for 95% of modern games that contain mini-games, I disagree with the fundamental point that the NES games were included with the original Animal Crossing as "something to do." If that was the case, they wouldn't be such a pain in the ass to get. They were treasures to find - rare items that would keep you playing the game and that had extra utility beyond just a hard-to-find carpet to put in your spare bedroom. They were also very personal and quaint and nostalgic, which complemented the overall vibe of the game. As a kid who grew up playing NES, there was something quite special about hanging out in my bedroom in AC on a rainy Saturday and playing Donkey Kong, or Excitebike, or Punch Out.

I think there are really smart ways you can do it too that keep people checking in and playing the game. God forbid a virtual console ever happens, why not have time-gated demos of the games available within Animal Crossing. Every Sunday, for example, you go to a video store and rent a cartridge demo of Super Mario Bros, or Zelda, or Rad Racer, or whatever, that's only good for the day. If you like the game, you can buy it in the e-shop. Alternatively, why not have a handful of classic games be available to find in the game world, with more available for purchase in shops for a dollar or two? Why not have in-game challenges where, in addition to competing with your neighbors over who can randomly catch the heaviest fish, you compete to see who can get the highest score in Donkey Kong without losing a life?

You don't need to give away the farm, it's an enhancement rather than a distraction from the game, and at the end of day, it's great content marketing for Nintendo's properties.

I only ever played the first game on GameCube, so excuse me if some of these features actually already exist.

-ability to be an animal instead of a person, and the villagers react to you in unique ways based on which animal you are.

-further ability to upgrade the amount of space in your home.

-a bicycle or something to facilitate faster travel.

-a larger overall town.

- the ability to establish your own shop, or maybe even a restaurant featuring dishes you create by cooking ingredients you have.

- the *option* to run for mayor, and you only get elected if everyone likes you. If you're a dick to the villagers you lose the election and people remind you of it for a while.

ozfunghi

The look and feel of the WiiU Animal Crossing Plaza would be a good start. They need to expand the gameplay without changing the core concept. Haven't played the 3DS version but there wasn't enough added in the DS version compared to the GCN version to keep me interested a long time (while me and my GF played the GCN version hours a day, for two months or so).

weekev

Banned
I want to be able to have a mode where I can go and build in my friends town and vice versa. Say I had a pikachu lamp and he didn't I'd like to be able to pop over for a coffee and give him his lamp then pop back to Kevtown.

NewGame

Banned
Bring back the Animal Crossing from the first game.

tumblr_inline_o7jstoltzA1r4q36m_540.png

I love how in the first game you could straight up be a jerk to people and the game would throw it unapologetically right back in your face.

The new games nerfed the heck out of it. RIP phyllis

Honestly for now all I want is to not be penalized for not playing every day or whatever New Leaf does.

I've been thinking of getting into the Animal Crossing series and was going to start with New Leaf but the idea of getting punished for not turning on the game every day turns me off instead of going through with it.

But if I'm wrong or if it's something that is essential to the game then I'll keep quiet.

It's so hard to get the villagers you want. Once you do get them they shouldn't be able to leave on a whim. At the very least you should be able to designate 2 or 3 favorites that are there permanently unless you change their status. It's my least favorite thing about new leaf that you have to play all the time and hope the villagers you like don't leave.
Honestly for now all I want is to not be penalized for not playing every day or whatever New Leaf does.

I've been thinking of getting into the Animal Crossing series and was going to start with New Leaf but the idea of getting punished for not turning on the game every day turns me off instead of going through with it.

But if I'm wrong or if it's something that is essential to the game then I'll keep quiet.
Nope you're not wrong. I totally agree. Ties in to having random villagers leave your town which sucks.

JC Sera

All the furniture from previous games

All the villagers from previous games

Amiibo / card support

HHD control scheme for moving furniture and placing things outside

More customization options and ore types

Online functionality that works well and is quick

So not TOO much
these, also
• HHD Skin options
• HHD character creator in general
• HHD camera options
• HHD ceiling ornaments
• HHD house layout choices
• HHD accessory options for Animals
• Backwards compatibility of some sort with AC:NL (grab villagers and maybe certain items maybe?)
• Being able to send letters with presents over the internet (maybe only to best friends?)
• Animal pictures back to being a reward for being their friends, rather than a holiday event
• If they are going to have localised holidays, why not localised seasons? (I live in australia, summer during the midyear is weird)
• Expand the dialogue for Animals (though this would draw out translation time)
• Alternatively, Animals have a primary personality type, and a secondary personality type, to give more variety
• Expanded Storage (secret space in welcome amiibo was a good direction)
• A theatre for your town, where you can dress up animals and playout scenes, similar to HHD public buildings
• More flower types
• More outside plant types
• Upgraded UI, similar to HHD online or Miitopia
• Booker & Copper being reunited ;-;
• Lottie better be back
• Sable Amiibo
• No paid for DLC other than amiibos
• Wii u & 3ds still let you play Desert Island escape & puzzle league. Bring back other game emulations like in the original AC.

I actually don't mind villagers moving in whenever, I feel like the player shouldn't be given absolute control over the town

also reprint Amiibo cards, I dont wanna pay $30 AUD for Coco or Marina online
tumblr_inline_o7jstoltzA1r4q36m_540.png

I love how in the first game you could straight up be a jerk to people and the game would throw it unapologetically right back in your face.

The new games nerfed the heck out of it. RIP phyllis

Oh god I missed WW phyllis

Servbot24

Banned
I would love for it to remain a pretty confined area. I don't think it would be helpful to have a lot of new areas branching off the main place. That said... it would be awesome if there were a little forest grove where you could pick up pinecones. :)

Tank Jr.

Neo Member
NO OBFUSCATING VILLAGER RETENTION.

None of this "ping" bullshit and have a villager come up to you to let you know their intent. If they're moving, that should be the very first fucking thing out of their mouths.

And there is no reason to drop the option to keep a villager as they're moving out. That is a good quality of life feature and for them to take it out after Wild World was a dick move.

NO VILLAGERS LEAVING BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T PLAY FOR A DAY

This has legitimately enraged me. Think about all the kids out there who play this, had to miss a day because of life or responsibility, and then the next time they boot the game up, their favorite villager is gone. Not packing, GONE. Fuck off, Nintendo.

The ability to rise against the exploitative bourgeoisie class of Tom Nook and stand united with fellow townsfolk in collective land usage rights for the benefit of the whole, ending a corrupt institutional practice of alienating the labour from working people to reward the few that see justification in owning the means of production.

Also, bigger bug catching nets.

Top Bottom