• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thanks Sega your new awesome arbitration feature kicks ass...

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Mother fuckers.

Sega added this new arbitration feature, that way if you lose the connection in the middle of the game and you are up big, you can still get a win. Thing is, I dont drop games, nor do I quit games. I dont care what my record is, but I DONT drop or quit games.

So, in this one game, my opponent recieves, kicks a field goal, I get the ball kick a field goal, he gets the ball kicks another field goal, then its the half. 3 total possesions, three field goals. Then, something happens and the game disconnects.. if both players choose to just quit the game nothing happens, if one person chooses arbitration it goes to arbitration. So, my dickhead opponent sends it to arbitration, and I get a dropped game. He gets a win and I get a fucking drop because he won the coin flip? I call bullshit.

In my next game with a connection problem I was winning by three TD's. connection problem happens and I decide to be nice... it was early in the game, no way to tell what would have happened, so I wasnt going to take the win. Dickey McDick my opponent on the other hand decides to send it to arbitration, AND HE GET THE WIN, and I GET A 'QUIT' on MY record. FUCKING BULLSHIT.

Look, if you are winning by two or three TD's and its late in the game, then this is a great idea... but this bullshit has to stop.. so basically whoever sends it to arbitration wins? This means I have to send it to arbitration every damn time otherwise I might get a loss in a game I was winning... which now means I cant be nice to people if I didnt really think I was winning the game.

UGGG.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
honestly... stick to us here on GA and others you KNOW.... Nothing worse than

cheese.gif

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Yea I have 2 drops cause of dickheads like that,Im only playing GA people.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Geezzzzzz this just happened to me again playing against someone not from GA...fucking figures.

I don't much play the online games, but how does this work exactly? I mean, if the two players get disconnected, have to make a choice, and can each see what the other chose... aren't they both still online? And thus could be reconnected?

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Isn't using the term "arbitration" a little ridiculous when it's just a coin flip?

StoOgE

JoshuaJSlone said:
I don't much play the online games, but how does this work exactly? I mean, if the two players get disconnected, have to make a choice, and can each see what the other chose... aren't they both still online? And thus could be reconnected?

No, you cant see what the picked... it doesnt happen when someone falls offline, it happens when a divergence or a really bad connection ends the game. the gameplay setup looks like this:

1) You connect to Xbox Live/Sega's servers

2) When you play a game, you directly connect to the host.. the game isnt run on a 3rd party server.

So, when something goes wrong with the connection to the host, you might lose the game, but are still connected to Xbox Live/Sega's servers.

The other day I lost again because of this.. he got the ball and scored a TD.. I get the ball and from my first play rocket a pass to Driver.. he is wide open and going to score a TD.. he gets to the 15 yard line, divergenence, stooge loses :(

I havent had an arbitration issue yet, but I did have an issue with one thing..

WHY THE FUCK IS IT THAT TERREL OWENS NEEEEEVVVEEEERRR MISSES A FUCKING RECEPTION!

I had that asshole under TRIPLE coverage and he STILL caught it. Listen Sega, just because he's on the cover doesn't mean you have to make him Godly!

ARRRRGH!.. there goes my record from 4-2 to 4-3

StoOgE

The trick to stopping the over-rated WR's is to bracket their side of the field and blitz the fuck out of the QB. It works better against slow QB's, but McNabb coughs it up like a little bitch :D

Stooge that works great in theory, but no when playing against someone online. The people online do some CRAZY shit that usually works.

4th & 27... ok LETS GO FOR IT! As I sit there with my mic on wondering what type of mushroom they've ingested. Next thing you know the crazy bastard drops back about 15 yards and lets it loose to Owens (cocksucker), and it doesn't matter that hes under TRIPLE FUCKING COVERAGE, he catches it one handed and can't be brought down... he just DRAGS my defenders....

I play logially and stop his run and pass 80% of the time.. but the crazy stuff like that, which would never work in reality, he pulls off and ends up winning...

DAMN YOUS SEGA SPORTS! I hate Madden, but shit like that makes me want to convert ASAP! Between unrealistic catches and passer to receivers who CONSTANTLY drop the ball when they are wide open, it drives me mad.

Fifty

jecclr2003 said:
I hate Madden, but shit like that makes me want to convert ASAP! Between unrealistic catches and passer to receivers who CONSTANTLY drop the ball when they are wide open, it drives me mad.

Madden is the better game. Convert or forever feel the pain.

Top Bottom