• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends |OT19| Three-Fifths of a Thread

Fuck losing soldiers. I will save scum as much as necessary until Chie and Dante survive.

the character pool ruined me. I actually iron manned my way through the first xcom, but in 2 i imported/created characters before even starting, so i can't let anyone die(except Max because he died at the end of a mission i did not want to redo early on in my current game). I feel bad about it sometimes, but fuck it, Pat and Dio are making it to the end of the game damn it.

Caught up on Policenauts, since I wait for two episode batches before watching (because lord knows watching one episode gets you barely anything), and man, when Anna is first introduced, I thought Mark was some neighbor's kid that Anna was fucking, because of the way he was posed. The sad part is, I thought that was the most normal sex thing Kojima put in the game.

Then Mark turned out to be Anna's adopted, traumatized brother and I'm like "why the fuck did you pose them like that, Kojima."

Anung

Un Rama
Also, I wouldn't blame SFVs failing sales on the community, the FGC adapted it massively, and it still gets major numbers in sign ups at tourneys even today. It's just not been enough this time it seems.

Agree. Capcom and SFV failed itself and it's bizarre they seemingly learned very little going into MVC.

Also not suprising that DBZ is eating MVC's lunch. It looks better in pretty much every way. I can't wait to see this stuff at Evo next year. Gonna be wild.

Yeah, but boy there's a lot of weird bullshit in the Xcom 2 expansion. Also get ready for save scumming.

It's kind of hilarious how ridiculously out of whack the Chosen are.

Like, the Assassin just mercs soldiers for free and practically ensures you're going to walk out with a stupid number of wounded at best, whereas the Hunter is basically completely harmless.

Re: MvCI: shit should have been pushed (way) back until after DBZ's hype has subsided. They needed more content at launch anyway, and they should well enough know it's going to be ignored until people have gotten bored of FighterZ.

Matsukaze

To those who have watched it - is Pat actually okay to watch in his solo XCOM stuff? I mean does he actually manage to play the game rather than be a massive bumblelord.
Personally, I thought it was a lot more interesting when he wasn't save-scumming.

I've demoted it to background noise while I do other things because it lost a lot of its charm as I watched Pat activate Killer Queen Bites the Dust again and again.

ArjanN

He's certainly right that DBFz has taken away a lot of the shine from MvC. That's really not specifically anyone's fault, it's just looks like a lot more fun and interesting in direct comparison.

Honestly I'm getting pretty tired of how gleefully Pat is riding that narrative. Especially since I think these games can co-exist perfectly fine.

Personally, I thought it was a lot more interesting when he wasn't save-scumming.

Heh, I knew for sure he would resort to that, he generally can't handle the stress of anything where the stakes get too high.

He actually wasn't save scumming his first stream of it, but people kept telling him to do it and when he started the next stream his soft iron Man run went out the window and then got even worse in the last stream.

I scummed once on my War of the Chosen playthrough because I completely forgot that they gave Mutons some randomized bullshit chance to just auto-counter melee attacks.

Which I guess is the worst place to scum since that ability will only ever get you once and if you scum it, it basically removes it from the game. Then again, it's a stupid ability, so oh well.

Strimei

So I usually just stick to the main channel/ podcast, but youtube recommended me a compilation of Pat's girlfriend Paige having a outdated glasses prescription talk during a Dark Souls run. About three minutes in, she admitted to just guessing on the values of her lenses last time she got new ones.

What in the holy Fuck, I thought Dan Ryckert's vision problem story was insane, but at least he was a child when he did it.

He even mentions Dan's whole glasses stuff too, to her.

Paige's whole vision arc did give us some gems though, particularly how bats and echolocation works.

HE HEARS, AND THEN HE SEES!

Anung

Un Rama
I seriously hope Matt develops thicker skin by the time his game comes out. That man does not take criticism well at all. On his twitter He put some dude on blast even though they were making an obvious call back to something Matt said last week.

He unretweeted that one right quick.

Edzi

I seriously hope Matt develops thicker skin by the time his game comes out. That man does not take criticism well at all. On his twitter He put some dude on blast even though they were making an obvious call back to something Matt said last week.

Its been years, he won't change.

Ugh, really not enjoying Policenauts. Their dawdling around so much makes me want to put it on as background noise and just listen to it. But it's all text based and since they're only reading like a quarter of it I end up not having any context about what they're saying.

Frimaire

I actually want them to dawdle around in Policenauts and get as much text as possible.
Really, the LP is mostly interesting for two things:
1. Some actually pretty detailed sci fi world building (even if it doesn't always make complete sense.)
2. The blatancy of Kojima's horniness/sexism, and how far he will go out of his way to get it into the story.

The problem is they're not reading it aloud, so unless you enjoy watching mostly static images for half an hour in which they'll stop to talk about something else while Woolie randomly clicks through dialogue you're going to miss context for when they finally do respond to something.

If it were Pat on the controls he'd at least attempt to repeat the gist of what's being said. Woolie on the other hand has a habit of going 'dadada' when he's reading then "okay, yeah so <responds to what he read to himself>".

Honestly, I feel like Policenauts will be way better in compilation form, where most of the dead time is cut and we just get the most relevant dialogue and reactions.

joe2187

Banned
I wonder since pat likes to watch stuff that he hates if he's going to be binge watching Jaden Smiths Anime show?

https://www.polygon.com/2017/9/7/16269106/netflix-jaden-smith-ezra-koenig-anime-neo-yokio

Sou Da

Have they mentioned doing MvCI story mode? I hear there's some dumb shit there I would like to see them playing through

There's some hilarious interactions but I don't think I can stomach the same "baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaces" jokes for like 5 videos.

Strimei

Watching Paige's latest Dark Souls stream, it seems that making fun of Pat's Quebecoise accent in french is a bit of a trigger for him.

(Seriously though, I've had my mother, a fluent french speaker who grew up in Switzerland, listen to the guys talk french a few times, and she just laughs at how they sound. Something about "quebecoise is like talking with a mouth full of cotton balls").

Village

Watching Paige's latest Dark Souls stream, it seems that making fun of Pat's Quebecoise accent in french is a bit of a trigger for him.

(Seriously though, I've had my mother, a fluent french speaker who grew up in Switzerland, listen to the guys talk french a few times, and she just laughs at how they sound. Something about "quebecoise is like talking with a mouth full of cotton balls").

I don't even speak french and I got that impression. Like i've had several actual teachers from france over the years. The best friends always sound like they got shit in they mouth when they speak french

"X's voice in MvCI is the best voice X has ever had"
"Yeah you're right. He is the best"

ARE YOU INSANE!? Mark Gatha!

They may not have played Maverick Hunter X but I know they've played Command Mission!

"X's voice in MvCI is the best voice X has ever had"
"Yeah you're right. He is the best"

ARE YOU INSANE!? Mark Gatha!

They may not have played Maverick Hunter X but I know they've played Command Mission!
Command Mission isn't a great showcase for Mark Gatha as X. The direction and script there was just kinda mediocre at best.

Breads

Banned

His game? Trying to google info on this on my phone is killing me. Mind dropping me some links?

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Kay I know a lot of people don't like Mark Ecko, but the end of todays episode has me in tears Its
Woolie rapping to the main theme as Matt is freaking out about how he's about to die

Matsukaze

Silly Liam, you think you can tempt me with that 5 hour Danganronpa V3 stream.

Good thing my willpower will hold out until I play the game myself.

Yup, no temptation here...

None whatsoever...

giphy.gif

Top Bottom