• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh |OT2| You Can Be My Yojimbo Anytime

The Three Souls really is great for farming stuff. Use all your amrita before entering, then grab the himorogi branch, the large spirit stone, and the amrita potion thing, and then leave the level. About 20 seconds each time.

Silvard

It's a shitty title (seriously OP, please stop), but it's not bad enough for an outrage. All that energy was already spent I'm afraid.

I was worried we wouldn't see an OT2 without Izuna.

I finished the game and have almost done all the missions on Way of the Strong except for two (which are easy to guess if you played all the missions) and I'm having a really hard time with them. What I wanna know is what happens after you do them all/fill up the progress bar on Way of the Strong. Does another mission unlocks?

knitoe

Omg somebody did this

Nioh The Two Kings NG+(No Damage, No Omnyo, No Guardian, No Ninjutsu, No Items, No Armour)

Lvl 292 though ... player hits like a truck. 2500 damage on one normal swing what?

Oh wait that was Zack

Damage seems normal, ~1200 front and ~2500 behind.

Don't know why people bother doing this stuff. Guess, to prove it can be done. Probably took him many tries. Even in the video, it seems like he should have been hit a few times. Next, better be bare fist...

Best way to farm loads of Gold?

Get to the bridge on NG+, farm Revenants for Divine gear and sell at Blacksmith.

You don't need to finish that mission, just don't crossover the last bridge so that the boss and the Raven Tengu don't move and you can refresh the graves via dying instead of quitting the mission.

Rinse and repeat until item box is full.

Of course, have gear with 'Gold Earned' ability and Kodoma bowl headgear (You'll get loads of this here).

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Finally beat Hino-enma and did all the submissions available, found a kickass spear in the process. It has an ability where you use 10% less ki in mid stance, which rocks. Game is growing on me more and more. I'm starting to ki pulse more naturally now. Argh, and I have to drop this for Zelda friday!

Didn't know even sub-missions had unlockable guardian spirits, think I'll be doing them all. I just did this awesome survival mission where
enemies kept coming until you killed the monk.
There were graves everywhere but I managed to make it in one go.

So yeah Team Ninja did it. This is just an allround great experience.

Omg somebody did this

Nioh The Two Kings NG+(No Damage, No Omnyo, No Guardian, No Ninjutsu, No Items, No Armour)

Lvl 292 though ... player hits like a truck. 2500 damage on one normal swing what?

Oh wait that was Zack

I did it too! Nioh - The Two Kings: Nioh (No Armor ; No Onmyo ; No Ninjutsu ; No Items ; No Damage)

Though, I forgot to unequip my guardian spirit, and I shot T in the head to start. But I'm only 215 and Zack has the single katana mystic art that MASSIVELY boosts damage from behind, so I'm gonna call it even.

Fisty

So I'm in the second to last region... does anybody actually know WHAT THE FUCK is going on in the plot? I know Team Ninja has always been very iffy on plot, but this is ridiculous. I literally have no idea who anyone is except the main bad guy, the warlord bad guy, Hanzo and the chick. There is just soooo much shit thrown in it's very hard to keep track of anything. I go to a place, fight person with ghost animal, beat person, take ghost animal, get long flashback exposition cutscene ala Ass Creed 1, repeat

MrS

Banned
Get to the bridge on NG+, farm Revenants for Divine gear and sell at Blacksmith.

You don't need to finish that mission, just don't crossover the last bridge so that the boss and the Raven Tengu don't move and you can refresh the graves via dying instead of quitting the mission.

Rinse and repeat until item box is full.

Of course, have gear with 'Gold Earned' ability and Kodoma bowl headgear (You'll get loads of this here).
Thank you!

So I'm in the second to last region... does anybody actually know WHAT THE FUCK is going on in the plot? I know Team Ninja has always been very iffy on plot, but this is ridiculous. I literally have no idea who anyone is except the main bad guy, the warlord bad guy, Hanzo and the chick. There is just soooo much shit thrown in it's very hard to keep track of anything. I go to a place, fight person with ghost animal, beat person, take ghost animal, get long flashback exposition cutscene ala Ass Creed 1, repeat

Have you tried reading the intro page to each mission?

Edit: even if you can't follow the names you should easily be able to follow the general direction

big fake

Depresses me I can't get back to this game seriously till end of April. Suck more that I didn't finish the game. How far was I? I almost cleared out the fourth region. With last boss faced being White Tiger.

Depresses me I can't get back to this game seriously till end of April. Suck more that I didn't finish the game. How far was I? I almost cleared out the fourth region. With last boss faced being White Tiger.

The total number of regions in the game is

this will help

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1349006

Zaventem

New OT! now that the hype has subsided and i can think clearer i can now say my only huge beef with this game is the huge lack of enemy variety and some some subpar level designs. In general i think the levels with more verticality are the ones that stood out to me the most. I love mostly everything else and i would like to see more of the inner workings make it's way to a souls game. Little things like buffs/debuffs gradually going down within their icon so you know exactly when they're running out, the clan system much more realized than anything from has made in all their games(lol) even if they could have combined a few to not spread them so thin and make people actually want to join the one that isn't more amrita and money.The remixing of levels in twilight mode which took a great concept never fully realized in any soulsborne game and enhanced to another level.

I feel like Team Ninja properly implemented the community bravado aspect into this game perfectly, titles for instance which are 100% optional are really cool because you get rewarded for pushing yourself to perfection for killing a boss without taking a hit, something that gets a good deal of views on youtube for games in the action genre.

Nioh is a beautiful game i just hope the dlc addresses my two main problems.

Anyone know a good way to get a sword with fire attribute?

You can put fire on literally any katana that doesn't have an element that is built in and unchangeable by reforging over and over at a blacksmith until you roll fire. If you don't want to do that, the two single katana that come with fire guaranteed are:

Hikoemon Ichimonji
Onimaru Kunitsuna.

The smithing text for Hikoemon can drop at the mission called Immortal Flame, and I know for a fact it's a guaranteed mission reward in one of the missions first time through but I can't recall which one.

You can put fire on literally any katana that doesn't have an element that is built in and unchangeable by reforging over and over at a blacksmith until you roll fire. If you don't want to do that, the two single katana that come with fire guaranteed are:

Hikoemon Ichimonji
Onimaru Kunitsuna.

The smithing text for Hikoemon can drop at the mission called Immortal Flame, and I know for a fact it's a guaranteed mission reward in one of the missions first time through but I can't recall which one.
Thanks. The current sword I'm using has water already and I have a bunch like it. The ones I keep getting from revenants.

Thanks. The current sword I'm using has water already and I have a bunch like it. The ones I keep getting from revenants.

I'd guess Nami-oyogi Kanemitsu. That's a popular one. Since the water is built in, you definitely can't change that one.

What does Onmyou power do for debuff/buff spells? Does it improve elemental damage? Percentages? Increase duration?

I have no idea. My friend and I assumed it wouldn't do anything for buffs, but we haven't done any legitimate testing.

Meeting on the Other Shore in NG+ was trash garbage. Soooo excited to do the other duel /s. After that just Queen's Eyes and then I'm done.

Milijango

Never mind the plot what is this credits song? This game's weird.

Oh yeah I guess that means I finished it. 8/10 verging on 9. Combat is amazing, some strong encounters, but it still has places to go.

Never mind the plot what is this credits song? This game's weird.

Oh yeah I guess that means I finished it. 8/10 verging on 9. Combat is amazing, some strong encounters, but it still has places to go.

Actually, you have
one main mission left
:).

PRESS X ON THE SHIP.

Top Bottom