• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

Mokoi

Banned
I dunno, it's cute! Plus she is going to steal...your heart. She's a panther.

A cutie panther!

amirite....okay I'll just leave. (>_<)

I wish I could still wear my pair of those for more than ten seconds. No clue when, how, or why they ended up extremely uncomfortable :(

Well it's not surprising really since they are definitely not the most comfortable headphones around. It took a long time before I was able to get used to them.

Those are what I use. =p
(Also for Rocksmith, so I don't piss off the neighborhood with my TERRIBLE TERRIBLE GUITAR)

When should we expect elhaym's cutie panther metal cover.

m0t0k1

I dunno, it's cute! Plus she is going to steal...your heart. She's a panther.

We are back in the community slum :(. I think she is going to scratch my heart out and eat it like a panther then :D.

I will add the vita pics tommorow. Gonna play some games and then head for bed. Feeling a bit tired.

off topic I know but since finding this game on IOS it shows other similar apps and I found a few funny ones "burn your fat with me" a fitness/ anime dating sim app XD and some VNs.

Also thanks for the replies regarding IAP, I try to avoid them when possible, only really go for game unlocks or remove adds if I do get them (very, very, rare).

Hugstable

Banned
It was the opposite for me, I thought they were comfy at first but now I can't stand them. I think I need some headphones with real big earpieces.

We're home! We are a community, aren't we, a family?

----

Anyway I unlocked the solo songs in BiBi SIP. I ran through the story real quick to try some things, and I let the characters pick the song, outfit, and stage. Then I did the feature during the songs about three times with each character (one character per song) and that unlocked them! The dance move that Pile does during the chorus of Darling! doesn't translate very well to the game, it was a little jerky looking.

Also we need Shangri-la Shower outfits themed Rares. Hurry up with those Korekara no Someday Rares Klab!

pics of the outfits from SIP, spoiler tagged just in case for those of you who don't want to see them yet :p

Yay family! We didn't even last 12 hours back in Gaming haha.

iblVMstnjvq5I1.gif

Also I like having my Sony Pulse Elite headphones for the game, the cups are pretty big and they have a usb connector so I'm actually able to use the higher bass from the "Pulse" thingy they got lol.

Mokoi

Banned
----
Also we need Shangri-la Shower outfits themed Rares. Hurry up with those Korekara no Someday Rares Klab!
pics of the outfits from SIP, spoiler tagged just in case for those of you who don't want to see them yet :p

Ahh so those are the outfits for that song. I had saw them eariler today or maybe it was yesterday. Anyways those game models don't do the idols justice. Perhaps it's the added compression. but they look so jaggy if that's the correct term to use.

Qurex

Neo Member
We are back in the community slum :(
The way you say that makes it sound like we're illegal immigrants or something....
Besides there is at least one (?) new person that is interested (?) in the game thanks to our short time on the other side.

My iPhone 5 battery was fixed today. No more losing 5-7% per song, yay.
Nice! That was quite fast, they just replace a faulty battery then?

We're home! We are a community, aren't we, a family?

----

Anyway I unlocked the solo songs in BiBi SIP. I ran through the story real quick to try some things, and I let the characters pick the song, outfit, and stage. Then I did the feature during the songs about three times with each character (one character per song) and that unlocked them! The dance move that Pile does during the chorus of Darling! doesn't translate very well to the game, it was a little jerky looking.

I guess we are a family of some sort, can't think of any other word really. So who's who in this family? :p
Perhaps once the single for Shangri-la Shower comes out in October(?) they might make some new cards. Unless there's some other stuff coming out soon which they could do promo cards for?

On the topic of the outfits:
They look nice, quite different from the ones for Natsu-iro Egao de 1, 2, Jump! It's kinda hard to see the details in the pic, I think the game is to blame for that though. Is that a giant ribbon on the front or a pattern? Too blurry for me to tell.
It would be nice if there was illustration or a new PV or something for these costumes, hopefully the new single will have some pics.

Does the game have any themed stages? Like something similar to the ones used in the music video PVs, since the outfits looks slightly out of place to me in those pics.
Also, apparently "Darling!" is actually a misspelling from the record company. It's supposed to be "Daring!".

On the talk about headphones, I just use the ones that came with my phone. They do the job and seem alright.

fek

Something probably went wrong with Dingo. At first I was wondering if the models turned out bad because they were more dedicated to Persona Dancing or it was too hard to make 9 characters dancing on the screen, but now we got a new Persona Dancing trailer and Dingo isn't credited anymore and staff has changed.
Let's see if they will even be able to make more DLC for SIP

Josephl64

Yeah, they look better in motion. I know for the most part, everyone thinks the game looks bad, but the actual rhythm game stuff looks good to me, especially considering there are 9 people dancing around. But they could probably look better in story mode sections.

Yeah I could see promo cards for the Shangri-la single (it is out next month!) and the upcoming sub-unit songs. I'm not sure who would play what role in the LL family >_>

Yeah there are stages that match certain songs a little better, that one I used is good for Cutie Panther and Darling! (I will be on team Darling no matter what!)

The stage for Shangri-la Shower is a little less flashy or wild than that one, well its still flashy but the colors are different, I just wanted to go into PV mode real quick to take the screenshot.

I find the result screen with the 3 girls to look really good

StayDead

Loolll why the scratching part? She looks like a gremlin trying to steal my food! i gifed it for illustration:

scratchnicobgji3.gif

Since everybody is on the rin train. Here is the rin solo song

That solo song is really cool and I think the best thing is that the framerate doesn't seem so bad when there's only a few of them on stage. I've only done songs with everyone on at once and the framerate drops if you try and do any of the effects it feels like.

Mokoi

Banned
Hmm I think I may as well pick up one of the games. I can't decide if I want the Lily White or BiBi version. Stupid game exclusive songs!

Josephl64

It does, I like watching the results, especially when its just a solo song. And now that I've unlocked those, I actually liked playing Nico's the most. The animation is cute and it was the most fun to play. I suck at slow songs so I played Eli's solo very poorly ;_;

that's the song i do the worst at too :p

The vita game looks so bad. The sound quality in those videos is terrible. Is that the game's problem or are the video captures just poor?

Josephl64

The vita game looks so bad. The sound quality in those videos is terrible. Is that the game's problem or are the video captures just poor?

well in-game I'd say it looks a little better and the sound probably is(haven't watched the vids, just seen the pics), but the difference isn't going to blow you away

Himemiya

Time for some single roll propaganya~

[Blanked] here is my friend (free player) who only ever single pulls. Got that Hanayo super early in the game, once complained (before the Nico event) that her smile team was weak and then pulled a Honoka UR. All this luck and then today I see this...

For the record I never single roll but Jesus frick this luck is inspiring and scary...one day I'll get my UR
vK5aIno.gif

Also that Nico scratching gif slows my comp down quite a bit for some reason. I say this while posting another gif lol

Himemiya

my Pure team sucks

Now where's my Pure UR Nozomi? Oh right they still need to add her
5s8Ic9z.png
Haha that card is really great, I was saving up for it but then caved when her August UR came out
and didn't get her
. She comes with Animal Maki though. Animal Rin will be with UR Eli and I really think they will add that set at the end of this event. I feel it in my skelebones.

Congrats to your friend though, imagine if she bought loveca!
I don't want to!

Mokoi

Banned
Oh yay, now that I could play it whenever I wanted, it only took me 4 tries! This song is so much fun to play!

Congrats! I'm on my second try, and was so close to getting it. Cutie panther is really fun to play.
I say Lily White! BiBi gets enough love around here, unless you really want to play that METAL Cutie Panther

Yeah I really like Umi's solo song, and the group song is not too bad either.

[Blanked] here is my friend (free player) who only ever single pulls. Got that Hanayo super early in the game, once complained (before the Nico event) that her smile team was weak and then pulled a Honoka UR. All this luck and then today I see this...
For the record I never single roll but Jesus frick this luck is inspiring and scary...one day I'll get my UR

I've gotten all my URs from single pulls. I've also gotten a whole bunch of Nico from them too. ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

Himemiya

I've gotten all my URs from single pulls. I've also gotten a whole bunch of Nico from them too. ¯_(&#12484;)_/¯
I've had mostly the (cool R) Nico experience. Also to some people the Nico just makes the propaganda more effective.

Do you not like Junai Lens?

Yaari

This single pulling sounds inspiring. Saves me from the horrible wait for 50 stones.

Nice! That was quite fast, they just replace a faulty battery then?

Yeah. Quite happy with it. I read some bad experiences but this one was good I guess. If they broke something during maintenance it would have had to be send to the factory for repair, which would have taken much longer. But luckily all went well.

It's funny that I never realized how horrible that battery was until I read about the iPhone 5 recall. Ah welll, all is good now.

Qurex

Neo Member
Something probably went wrong with Dingo. At first I was wondering if the models turned out bad because they were more dedicated to Persona Dancing or it was too hard to make 9 characters dancing on the screen, but now we got a new Persona Dancing trailer and Dingo isn't credited anymore and staff has changed.
Let's see if they will even be able to make more DLC for SIP
Tried to look at their website to see if there was anything. It seems they were working on some sort of mobile game called Occult Maiden(?) for Square Enix up until it ended in July. Looks like they're recruiting for a number of positions as well.
They haven't used their Twitter since January and that was to promote Occult Maiden. They have't updated their section for Persona Dancing either since the original announcement it seems.

Yeah I could see promo cards for the Shangri-la single (it is out next month!) and the upcoming sub-unit songs. I'm not sure who would play what role in the LL family >_>

Yeah there are stages that match certain songs a little better, that one I used is good for Cutie Panther and Darling! (I will be on team Darling no matter what!)

The stage for Shangri-la Shower is a little less flashy or wild than that one, well its still flashy but the colors are different, I just wanted to go into PV mode real quick to take the screenshot.

I didn't know that there are new sub-unit singles coming up. Any idea when they are out? I tried searching but couldn't find a release date.
Sounds like there is more variety than I thought in the Vita games, might have to pick up a copy in the future.
The lyrics even say "Daring!" Several times even! :p
What exactly is PV mode? Is it just a photo mode for the Live Performances?

We have one role sorted for the LL family. Joe's clearly the youth with the dark and troubled, angst-ridden chuunibyou past. :p
UsPHoEg.png

I have a few randoms on my friends list like this who only seem to do single pulls. Occasionaally I see that they pulled an SR, very few of them have pulled a UR. Although at least 4 of them have I think....
One that stands out in particular is one that added me not too long after the game launched. They pulled the UR Smile Nico, like a few weeks after the launch. They barely play the game. They login in once everyday and play a bit and that's it. They're not even Rank 40 yet.

Yeah. Quite happy with it. I read some bad experiences but this one was good I guess. If they broke something during maintenance it would have had to be send to the factory for repair, which would have taken much longer. But luckily all went well.

It's funny that I never realized how horrible that battery was until I read about the iPhone 5 recall. Ah welll, all is good now.

Oh that's great! Glad to hear it went well for you, I'm guessing it probably would have been quite expensive to send it for a factory repair.

Sort of off topic, but do we have any doll fans/collectors here?
They're not really my thing but I just happened to come across this, while browsing for Love Live stuff on amiami. It seems there's only Honoka, Kotori, Maki, Hanayo and Eli so far. It looks like they are based off the costumes for Mogyutto "love" de Sekkinchuu!

cpooi

The thing about 10+1 pulls is that it doesn't change your UR draw rate. (Well it does, but only in the sense that you get an extra pull for free)

The main thing it does is change your SR draw rate. The chances of getting nothing but rares for 10 pulls is

0.9^10=34.9%.

This goes to 0 with a guaranteed SR or above.

So if you are going for URs, there isn't really anything wrong with single draws.

This is a public service announcement for those of you who can't do basic stats.

P.S. The rate of getting only 1 SR in a 10+1 pull with guaranteed SR is

0.9^11+0.09*0.9^10*11=65.9%.

P.P.S. The rate of not getting any URs after 100 pulls is

0.99^100=36.6%,

so not getting any URs after months of playing isn't a statistical abnormality.

Josephl64

I say Lily White! BiBi gets enough love around here, unless you really want to play that METAL Cutie Panther

I think both the Printemps solo songs I've played were easy (and fun) just gotta get Spicaterrible next

oh I've got a question since you've been playing longer than I have. How do you clear any routes after the paradise route? I beat the story 3x picking different options so I'm guessing I'm just unlucky

JoeFu

Banned
Man. Mokoi's lies have assassinated my character :(

I should sue moko for slander

Also junai lens is good and nozomi sux

Mokoi

Banned
How. What the heck
It's just one of the songs where I don't like Nozomi's/Aina's singing. I find the song way too upbeat for my taste , and the overall composition of it to be annoying. They're are songs that sound similar to this one that I like, but I don't know I just find Junai Lens to not be good.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I'm thinking about doing single pulls only in eng version now. Last 3 10+1s I did have been pretty meh. Last time I did 5 single draws in one sitting I got 3 SRs in a row. Also, 3 out of the 5 times I did single pulls just because I felt like it I got an SR. Clearly a sign. I got all the Rs idolized already anyways too :x

You also feel less despair than doing a 10+1 and only getting one SR :p

cpooi

I'm thinking about doing single pulls only in eng version now. Last 3 10+1s I did have been pretty meh. Last time I did 5 single draws in one sitting I got 3 SRs in a row. Also, 3 out of the 5 times I did single pulls just because I felt like it I got an SR. Clearly a sign. I got all the Rs idolized already anyways too :x

You also feel less despair than doing a 10+1 and only getting one SR :p

Does nobody believe in statistics here?

Kumubou

Does nobody believe in statistics here?
Take one look at the Las Vegas strip and you'll realize not very many people do.

It turns out that the draws don't hate you... they just don't care about you (or anyone else).

But really so like what about the "higher" chance to pull new cards when they are added

would that be better to do singles then or what, I wonder if that helps at all
The higher chance to pull new cards doesn't affect your overall draw rate -- it's always 9% for a SR and 1% for a UR. It's the likelihood of getting one of the new SRs or URs once you've drawn a card of that type that increases.

Himemiya

But really so like what about the "higher" chance to pull new cards when they are added

would that be better to do singles then or what, I wonder if that helps at all

Notices don't say that increased rates are only for 10+1. They do not specify at all.

Was it common to single roll in special boxes (years, sub-units, etc.), before they got guaranteed SR in those?

cpooi

The thing about 10+1 pulls is that it doesn't change your UR draw rate. (Well it does, but only in the sense that you get an extra pull for free)

The main thing it does is change your SR draw rate. The chances of getting nothing but rares for 10 pulls is

0.9^10=34.9%.

This goes to 0 with a guaranteed SR or above.

So if you are going for URs, there isn't really anything wrong with single draws.

This is a public service announcement for those of you who can't do basic stats.

P.S. The rate of getting only 1 SR in a 10+1 pull with guaranteed SR is

0.9^11+0.09*0.9^10*11=65.9%.

P.P.S. The rate of not getting any URs after 100 pulls is

0.99^100=36.6%,

so not getting any URs after months of playing isn't a statistical abnormality.

Please read

don't do single pulls unless you don't need SRs anymore.

cpooi

I was proving your math and now I believe more than ever ^^

All you were doing was to verify the math. The proof was already shown (assuming that Klab can be trusted with their percentages)

Also, if you like you can give me a image/details of a very good draw, and I can give you the probability of it happening.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Not Eli tho

oh and you should have pulled of the special box, you could have got December Eli @__@

Yeah, I realized I pulled from the wrong box after I tapped it OTL

Still happy with maid Kotori tho

You can't fool me witch!

I'm pretty much done with single rolls because I wasted 25 loveca on rares when you posted your three straight SR draws in a row.

YesIamstillsaltyaboutthatleavemealone.

Lol, still surprised that happened to me. Was 4 in the morning and I saw a new Eli and impulse pulled. No Eli ;_;

Fc'd Kaguya on third try. Only my second ex FC. I think I'm finally gettin gud

Markun

Yeah, I realized I pulled from the wrong box after I tapped it OTL

Still happy with maid Kotori tho

Lol, still surprised that happened to me. Was 4 in the morning and I saw a new Eli and impulse pulled. No Eli ;_;

Fc'd Kaguya on third try. Only my second ex FC. I think I'm finally gettin gud

The KKE pawa is strong today! Congrats!

Top Bottom