• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poona

Good to see this section back.

I did spot some good deals posted here for those from Australia, if I didn't spot them in the Gaming section.

Still trying to decide if I buy a Switch this Thursday or wait until Christmas. I definitely want Mario Odyssey, but I'm already locked into getting an X so the Switch might wait.

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been around lately, I've been having some time off. So, anything interesting happen in the past few d...

HoYp1cA.gif

Deeku

so what's happening? what's the plan? like, i know i don't really participate anymore but...i've been bumming around here for 10 years...

Quasar

well...guess we're lucky ausgaf was over on gaming side. all those other communities on the other side just completely vanished in a puff of 0s and 1s.

jambo

We're incredibly lucky that we're over this side. Others are scrambling and missing a lot of people.

I've had about a dozen people added in since GAF came back up.

Urgh, maybe things can continue like normal in our hidden little thread?

This is going to take a while to blow over, but things are never really going to be the same.

So what's the deal with Discord? I'd never even heard of it until yesterday.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Just come Slaent, it's a great deal better of a community and website (fucking looks fantastic) and the owner is super quick on site additions.

Dead Man

auspoligaf lives on in discord.

Probably Discords for PoliGAF proper too.

Yeah, but my ancient brain struggles with Discord so far lol I'll be on there regularly lurking though. :) Is there an Auspoligaf separate channel or is it just the Ausgaf one for now?

jambo

Yeah, but my ancient brain struggles with Discord so far lol I'll be on there regularly lurking though. :) Is there an Auspoligaf separate channel or is it just the Ausgaf one for now?

The server is AusGAF, and then we have sub channels, one of which is AusPoliGAF

Yagharek

Not that anyone will really care, but I typed up a PM on Friday or maybe Saturday evening to duckroll asking to have my account deleted. GAF had become too much of an addiction for me and was diminishing my life in general.

Logged in on Saturday morning to confirm it had been banned and found out about this event.

I wont be joining any other forums, be it discord or slant or whatever.

To those I have spoken with over years here, like deadman, shaneus, jambo, jintor, all the auspol people, even legend in the afl threads
(just kidding, essendon > sydney)
, I wish you all well as we probably wont cross paths again unless you happen to find a very small forum I'm sticking with.

I'm going to ask for my account to be banned/deleted, but maybe when things calm down and without any fanfare.

If I dont see you again, take care.

Not that anyone will really care, but I typed up a PM on Friday or maybe Saturday evening to duckroll asking to have my account deleted. GAF had become too much of an addiction for me and was diminishing my life in general.

Logged in on Saturday morning to confirm it had been banned and found out about this event.

To those I have spoken with over years here, like deadman, shaneus, jambo, jintor, all the auspol people, even legend in the afl threads
, I wish you all well as we probably wont cross paths again unless you happen to find a very small forum I'm sticking with.

I'm going to ask for my account to be banned/deleted, but maybe when things calm down and without any fanfare.

I wish you well.

Yagharek

I tell you what though, pulling the trigger on a PM is hard work, especially a second time.

I'm serious - a 10 year account age is pretty much an addiction. Been in a minor funk all weekend partly because of it.

(You too, Elaugaufein, deek, sorry you missed my Oscars acceptance speech list).

Also going to drop the smartphone too, so productivity at work will skyrocket.

Rezbit

Have a good one mate. Also uh this is weird. I guess we're wrapping things up here?

Mediocre , it's fine for participation in a single channel and not much more than that.
Well that sucks; might put in a brief appearance, but I only use my phone for forums these days :(

Been posting (sporadically) in AusGAF since we got the go ahead on the very first thread... maybe we shall meet again at ResetERA? If not, it's been a pleasure ladies and gents.

Dead Man

Shit. Have a good one, Yag. Thanks for letting us know, and take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom