• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Using VPN to access NFL Gamepass in North America (alternative to DTV's $300 stream)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delt31

so now I log into my account and it's saying I need to subscribe. wtf. just ordered it, watched a game now coming back an hour later and my sub looks like it's turned off? I emailed them about it b/c I paid real money here so if they're going to pull off the service I better get a refund.

so now I log into my account and it's saying I need to subscribe. wtf. just ordered it, watched a game now coming back an hour later and my sub looks like it's turned off? I emailed them about it b/c I paid real money here so if they're going to pull off the service I better get a refund.

Are you in the US or outside?

This is what I was afraid might happen if using Hola unblocker (switched to Romania).

They seem to have been having a lot of server issues right now. They posted on twitter about it yesterday, still seem to be having the same issues today. Hopefully by the time the real season games start they will have this shit sorted out

They seem to have been having a lot of server issues right now. They posted on twitter about it yesterday, still seem to be having the same issues today. Hopefully by the time the real season games start they will have this shit sorted out

Sweet. I hope that's what it is. Gamepass is an awesome service.

prag16

Banned
....and I'm back! maybe it was just a server issue but it shows me as having access. I reached out to customer service too so maybe that helped.
I subscribed a few weeks ago and have been watching NFL Network and archived games a lot and haven't had any huge issues. It always let's me in, and the worst I've seen is the stream lagging at times even at low bit rate but that's pretty rare.

It's an incredible service despite the 30-45 second delay for live games.

I just wish they had prioritized frame rate more (or at least provide the option). TV is 60fps, and this service is 30fps with semi frequent drops even under ideal circumstances. It's far from unwatchable, but it's definitely somewhat distracting.

Delt31

I subscribed a few weeks ago and have been watching NFL Network and archived games a lot and haven't had any huge issues. It always let's me in, and the worst I've seen is the stream lagging at times even at low bit rate but that's pretty rare.

It's an incredible service despite the 30-45 second delay for live games.

I just wish they had prioritized frame rate more (or at least provide the option). TV is 60fps, and this service is 30fps with semi frequent drops even under ideal circumstances. It's far from unwatchable, but it's definitely somewhat distracting.

quality on my end is unbelievable. Its like watching it on my HD w/fios

prag16

Banned
quality on my end is unbelievable. Its like watching it on my HD w/fios

Minus the 30fps framerate right? To that extent I agree. But 30 vs. 60 is kind of rough for sports. And it's definitely capped at 30 for everybody, the gamepass folks verified this at some point.

Myndflyte

Neo Member
FYI for those using a VPN and paid subscription of Gamepass. You don't have to worry about your VPN quality. Once you have the game window open, and you have the games streaming that you want, just shut off your vpn. You can't switch games without turning your VPN back on but at least once you are on a game, you can use your own internet to stream in HD.

BigDug13

FYI for those using a VPN and paid subscription of Gamepass. You don't have to worry about your VPN quality. Once you have the game window open, and you have the games streaming that you want, just shut off your vpn. You can't switch games without turning your VPN back on but at least once you are on a game, you can use your own internet to stream in HD.

I thought this was something they changed halfway through the year last year because of people getting it for free by choosing Netherlands, where the stream rechecks where you're connecting from or changing things in some way to force reconnection. I guess if you want to reconnect to your VPN 5-6 times a game then turn it off again, it will still work.

Myndflyte

Neo Member
I thought this was something they changed halfway through the year last year because of people getting it for free by choosing Netherlands, where the stream rechecks where you're connecting from or changing things in some way to force reconnection. I guess if you want to reconnect to your VPN 5-6 times a game then turn it off again, it will still work.

I'm doing that right now. Last year I did that the entire season using a proxy and then turning it off with no issues. I'll report back and let you know if I had to reconnect it at all or anything.

EDIT: I'm through halftime and have had my VPN off the entire time. I don't know if they are going to implement something like that at some point or what.

EDIT 2: Something I don't think they had last year is that you can now listen to the radio broadcasts while watching the stream. It's not completely lined up properly but I thought it was pretty cool.

I really hope they fix this by the time regular season starts. Can't get any of the games that are on right now to play, but I can still watch some of Thursdays games

How's GamePass working for you guys today? I'm this close to pulling the trigger on the one team plan so I can watch my Jets in not shitty SD (In the US here).

prag16

Banned
It crashed pretty good a few minutes ago.

Servers seem to be down, still. Their official twitter says they're looking into it.

People pay a lot of money for this. Bunch of clowns. What the hell's gonna happen during the regular season when they have far more traffic??

LJ11

Servers seem to be down, still. Their official twitter says they're looking into it.

People pay a lot of money for this. Bunch of clowns. What the hell's gonna happen during the regular season when they have far more traffic??

It worked well last season, but I think many more are in on it this year. We'll see.

prag16

Banned
Back up. Nearly 30 minutes of downtime. Bad. Hope they get their shit together for when the games matter...

I don't have Hola enabled but it's showing the page it would when I had enabled instead of the old one where it just said "Not Available in the US" and wouldn't show pricing plans. Now it does.

prag16

Banned
Ah, weak. The portion of the game that we missed while it was frozen isn't available to seek to in the player. Lame.

ShaneB

Ah, weak. The portion of the game that we missed while it was frozen isn't available to seek to in the player. Lame.

Perhaps that is my issue, lol. I was trying to find a moment in the packers game to gif as a request, and it's just not getting there.

Drifters

Just an FYI for those who aren't sure, you can load the VPN link of the free service, and once it loads the video player, drop the VPN connection and the UDP packets will route locally and you'll get HD. Can't wait for the season to start.

mhi

Just an FYI for those who aren't sure, you can load the VPN link of the free service, and once it loads the video player, drop the VPN connection and the UDP packets will route locally and you'll get HD. Can't wait for the season to start.

Which country is free? I thought it was $130 all around this year.

god damnit. can't find a working method, which means no way to watch my team this year

ugh

- Use coupon code (REP15) to get gamepass for $110 (hola unblocker, pick Romania)
- Pay $2 per month for adfreetime
- Enjoy all games live and on demand as well as redzone channel

Does this work for 'Merica?

That's what the adfreetime part is for

I live in America and it's been working fine for me minus some server problems on preseason week 1

Was even using the iPad app today with AppleTV via AirPlay to watch the redzone channel on my HDTV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom