• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Discussion Thread 2 (read OP first)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the double post, but Mr. Fix just asked me to take over the OT as he will be to busy to complete it.

Wanted to let you guys know!

But as long as we are on the subject, what do you guys want as the OT subtitle?

I was always a fan of, "use supers to smash your bros" but im worried it might be a little to confrontational lol.
But if it is the will of the people i will oblidge.
ben-stiller-do-it.gif

SmithnCo

Sorry for the double post, but Mr. Fix just asked me to take over the OT as he will be to busy to complete it.

I was always a fan of, "use supers to smash your bros" but im worried it might be a little to confrontational lol.

Cool. I know CC wants "use supers to smash your bros," lol.

I don't think it'd be too confrontational, it's pretty lighthearted. Might get some trollish posts but after the first few pages it should be fine.

Will you have to shorten the game's title to get it all to fit?

PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale |OT| Throw away your morals *(In reference to Hideki Kamiya's "morals" comments)*
PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale |OT| Throw away your morals and join the fun
PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale |OT| This game sure is a smash, brother. ( Edit: borrowed that from Giant Bomb, lol)
PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale |OT| This game is sick!....literally.

Those are my lame suggestions, lol.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
"Use Supers to Smash your Bros" is hardly confrontational.

As a fan of both All Stars and Smash, I love that title, and think it's a fun acknowledgment to the inspiration Smash clearly served to All Stars.

And come on, Mink, let's be real here. The OT for All Stars is going to be confrontational no matter what. Practically every thread about the game brings out certain members of the Smash fanbase that will shit on this game without trying it. The thread could be names, "Hey, it's PlayStation All Stars," and it will bring out the hate brigade.

It is what it is.

"Use Supers to Smash your Bros" is the best title in my opinion.

I'm sure you'll do a fine job, Mink. Perhaps you could add the character notes that several of us volunteered to make post-release? I want to show the masses that Dino is not to be trifles with!

That's not at all confrontational.

"Beta than Smash" was confrontational lol.

TheMink

Cool. I know CC wants "use supers to smash your bros," lol.

I don't think it'd be too confrontational, it's pretty lighthearted. Might get some trollish posts but after the first few pages it should be fine.

Will you have to shorten the game's title to get it all to fit?

Hmmm, i dont know! Will I?

Mr. Fix

I'm sure you'll do a fine job, Mink. Perhaps you could add the character notes that several of us volunteered to make post-release? I want to show the masses that Dino is not to be trifles with!

If you're going to do this, you might want to double check with a mod. I remember they took down the original DMC HD Collection thread because they did something similar.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I deleted the Beta from my Vita!! I had to make room for Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation, and I'm pretty much done with PBR until release.

21 days away! Huzzah!

I know CC has taken a definite hiatus from NeoGaf, but he'd probably help you with the OT if you asked him Mink. He's a wizard when it comes to all that photoshop palaver.

The first couple pages of the OT are going to be confrontational no matter what.

Exactly.

If you're going to do this, you might want to double check with a mod. I remember they took down the original DMC HD Collection thread because they did something similar.

If we move to the Gaming Community section, it'd be a great place to have that (I'd like to pitch my King of the Ring mode again, in the hopes Clockwork would read it)

TheMink

I would like to, but...

Hmm i wonder why?

I know CC has taken a definite hiatus from NeoGaf, but he'd probably help you with the OT if you asked him Mink. He's a wizard when it comes to all that photoshop palaver.

Exactly.

Yeah i was thinking of soliciting his help.

Which by the way im accepting all help, if you've got some art PM it to me and i will see if i can find a place for it. Preferably something applicable.

SmithnCo

Because it was six long posts of overblown, unnecessary analysis. It was utterly ridiculous.

Yeah. Just make the OP tasteful and there won't be a problem. It doesn't need to be page upon page of stuff.

I'm sure they'll let you edit in character tactics and stuff though, this is a fighter after all.

The thought of the review thread is kinda scary, haha. I don't care much either but I can see it being a clusterfuck.

Yep after seeing the latest round of reviews dished out, I have no idea how this game is going to go down. I am expecting the worst. Though if they actually reviewed the game and played through arcade mode with different characters and completed challenges one would hope they would have a deeper understanding of the game, and not just base it off a few hours of FFA.

prwxv3

I really hope everyone has realized that some of the reviews this game is going to get are going to be low. I would rather avoid meltdowns that stir up shit on the other side and cause the cycle threads of this game have had to continue.

I expect a high 70 to low 80's average. But I also expect some sub 60 reviews with crazy reasoning but I will deal with it. Its their opinion.

Pranay

I've been stockpiling the popcorn for this very reason.

There will be tears, possible bannings, and I'm going to love every second of it. :p

Uncharted Review thread was amazing, Jokes, Banned members, trolling and console wars.

Loved it each bit and also was the top poster their :b.

I expect an onslaught from nintendo warriors in the review thread

Mr. Fix

I'm sure they'll let you edit in character tactics and stuff though, this is a fighter after all.

This is precisely the same thought that went into the original DMC thread though. Still, there's always hyperlinks.

Uncharted Review thread was amazing, Jokes, Banned members, trolling and console wars.

Loved it each bit and also was the top poster their :b.

I expect an onslaught from nintendo warriors in the review thread

Totally an 8/10 game. I feel bad for actually having thought otherwise.

Yeah, this game won't receive the highest review scores. I think the reviews will be fairly inconsistent and the Nintendo fanboys are going to highlight every low score they see. Make no mistake, it's going to be ugly. Real ugly.

Just be prepared and try to be as civil as possible.

Mr. Fix

As long as reviews review this game as it's own thing, rather than just pointing out it's a smash clone, and not using the it's the first game so give it some slack excuse, then there may be hope for some legitimate ones.

prwxv3

Yeah, this game won't receive the highest review scores. I think the reviews will be fairly inconsistent and the Nintendo fanboys are going to highlight every low score they see. Make no mistake, it's going be ugly. Real ugly.

Just be prepared.

The otherside is going to stir up shit as well. I really hope the OT does not become a graveyard.

Gadirok

I really hope everyone has realized that some of the reviews this game is going to get are going to be low. I would rather avoid meltdowns that stir up shit on the other side and cause the cycle threads of this game have had to continue.

I expect a high 70 to low 80's average. But I also expect some sub 60 reviews with crazy reasoning but I will deal with it. Its their opinion.

Honestly, after playing the beta it will be hard to swallow that in. I mean I managed to do it for starhawk and twisted metal, and accepted everyone's reviews because some had merit to it. I only get dissapointed when some games sell tens of millions due to a high critic rating, while a equally good game (arguably even better) will get destroyed critically, but will still be a great game and sell either poorly or break even. I have been seeing that enough with Playstation and it looks like not many people are warming up to LittleBigPlanet Karting and calling it a mario kart rip off, when its just a LBP skin over ModNation Racers, not a mario kart rip off.

I'm expecting low 80s for PSASBR on metacritic. Definitely expect reviews to be all over the place for this game, highs , meds, lows. I imagine the first person to slam upon this game will be jim sterling.

For some people reviews don't matter, but I do get depressed when one of my favourite games doesn't get past a 80 because I am sentimental like that and your favorite platform gets trashed by fanboys. Even if you own each platform, its hard to see the one you prefer and the games you love perform poorly critically and through sales. If only starhawk was MP only...

prwxv3

Honestly, after playing the beta it will be hard to swallow that in. I mean I managed to do it for starhawk and twisted metal, and accepted everyone's reviews because some had merit to it. I only get dissapointed when some games sell tens of millions due to a high critic rating, while a equally good game (arguably even better) will get destroyed critically, but will still be a great game.

I'm expecting low 80s for PSASBR on metacritic. Definitely expect reviews to be all over the place for this game, highs , meds, lows. I imagine the first person to slam upon this game will be jim sterling.

For some people reviews don't matter, but I do get depressed when one of my favourite games doesn't get past a 80 because I am sentimental like that. If only starhawk was MP only...

Actually Jim enjoyed what he played at E3 and he does not review fighting games so someone else is going to review it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom