• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Flipped on Afghanistan Strategy after seeing Afghan Women in Miniskirts

Dr.Acula

Banned
*shows Trump photo of women in Afghanistan wearing miniskirts in the 1970s*

"We have to do something!"

*shows Trump photo of people in Germany marching with Nazi flags in 1936*

"What am I looking at?"

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Did they tell him it was because they were communists?

Idiotic headline by the HuffPo, they should be ashamed of crude stuff like this which mocks the oppression of women in Afghanistan. Whether or not you agree with the Afghan war, McMaster was making a legitimate point about a serious subject.

If true, Trump absolutely deserves ribbing, but those photos of 1970s Iran and Afghanistan are always pretty sobering. Progress can regress really, really fast if you aren't careful (and as Americans are finding out as well.)

Yeah, it's almost mind-blowing.

That and how much of the Middle East looks nothing like it does in Western Media.

moeman

Idiotic headline by the HuffPo, they should be ashamed of crude stuff like this which mocks the oppression of women in Afghanistan. Whether or not you agree with the Afghan war, McMaster was making a legitimate point about a serious subject.

And continuing the bombing of an entire nation will somehow fix that oppresion? No...it's more likely to lead to more radicalization when what the country truly needs is an emphasis on things like education and infrastructure to undo many of the radical elements creeping up in Afghan society.

And continuing the bombing of an entire nation will somehow fix that oppresion? No...it's more likely to lead to more radicalization when what the country truly needs is an emphasis on things like education and infrastructure to undo many of the radical elements creeping up in Afghan society.

I wasn't defending the policy of US involvement in Afghanistan. I'm sure there's a good argument against 'freeing people from their own culture by force'. I'm just saying, the headline cheapens the discussion of a painful topic. There's a lot of positions on Earth i'd rather be than be than a woman in Taliban-controlled Afghanistan.

gabbo

Sending in more troops is not going to solve the issue of women's right. So the idea of using an aging Lothario's libido as a means to try and continue a war in the country those women live is bullshit justification

2016-02-02-1454398335-2686097-skirts.jpg

6cc2c77ddedebebc000d18d0c7fb404b.jpg

Those photos depict the lifestyle of a very small, highly educated elite. They're most certainly not representative of what life was like for the vast majority of Afghan and Iranian women back in the day.

They're basically propaganda.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Those photos depict the lifestyle of a very small, highly educated elite. They're most certainly not representative of what life was like for the vast majority of Afghan and Iranian women back in the day.

They're basically propaganda.

I always wondered about this.

Top Bottom