• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF OT 14: The Alpha and The Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phreaker

Bop of the Week is back again, bringing you the hottest memes around:

3IUpWxr.png

Vote here (mobile friendly)

YAAAS! My vote matched someone's bop, video, and bottom!

Playing "The Louvre" by Lorde over Lana's "Love" music video is literally a fucking experience WOW

Love is seriously one of the best MVs I've ever watched.

Meowster

My vinyl copy of Joanne was supposed to arrive in December and it never did and I waited until just now to say something. I am probably never gonna get it but we'll see what happens. Just bought Back to Black and am perched to buy Melodrama. I want to expand my vinyl collection even further from the stuff I inherited from my grandfather and mom.

MANUELF

Banned
My vinyl copy of Joanne was supposed to arrive in December and it never did and I waited until just now to say something. I am probably never gonna get it but we'll see what happens. Just bought Back to Black and am perched to buy Melodrama. I want to expand my vinyl collection even further from the stuff I inherited from my grandfather and mom.

First mistake

Second Mistake was not buying Glory by Godney

Third mistake was not buying 21 and 25

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
9zMbt8j.gif
Not Halsey coming for Demetria and Katheryn.

Ueq9Sf1.gif

Where is the lie tho?
Demi is a trend-hopping buffer of a musician "star" that was never really popular to begin with. Disney's lowest tier star.

Katy released her song in 2008, we didn't even have Obama as Presidient yet, it was a different era. Plus Halsey is from a tumblr generation where it was accepted by most teens...

Isn't Sam Smith gay and his songs are the type of songs that dont really put a gender to them so you can put whoever you like?
Yup

Brhoom

Banned
Not Remy winning the BET award for best female rapper over Nicki, and Nicki, knowing that she won't win it after a 7 year streak, decides to not show up. #petty

And Nicki doing a instagram post bragging about her awards the same day.

I guess talent finally won

careyitsds.gif

WaffleTaco

Changing my avatar because Mariah doesn't want to be a skinny legened anymore
This is kind of a fucked up thing to say...
Not Remy winning the BET award for best female rapper over Nicki, and Nicki, knowing that she won't win it after a 7 year streak, decides to not show up. #petty

And Nicki doing a instagram post bragging about her awards the same day.

I guess talent finally won

careyitsds.gif
BET gave an award to someone who hasn't done anything? Like yeah if I was Nicki I would be mad too.

rhandino

Banned
Basically the gurls are accepted to have songs in which they toy with the idea of bisexuality is because they know it feeds the fantasies of their straight audience.

That is also why I don't see a mainstream male musician doing a successful song in which he toys with the idea of sucking D because "Eugh, No H*mo"... which baffles me a bit because some male hews pander so much to the gays that they could get away with it anyway.

careyitsds.gif

Phreaker

Isn't Sam Smith gay and his songs are the type of songs that dont really put a gender to them so you can put whoever you like?

Does queer no longer include gay? Maybe I don't understand her statement fully. I mean I get the part about Demi and Katy and even though Sam doesn't put a gender in his song we know they are referring to a man.

Brhoom

Banned
This is kind of a fucked up thing to say...

It's a thing lambs say, I didn't mean any harm. I love my Queen BBW* more than a skinny legend tbh

*The media are calling her that, not me.

BET gave an award to someone who hasn't done anything? Like yeah if I was Nicki I would be mad too.

But they gave it to Nicki when Iggy was slaying her ass back to irrelevance, and what did Nicki do? Attack Iggy, and expose her bitterness towards any female rapper that threatens her.

WonderzL

Banned
Does queer no longer include gay? Maybe I don't understand her statement fully. I mean I get the part about Demi and Katy and even though Sam doesn't put a gender in his song we know they are referring to a man.
I think she is specifically talking about queer women

WaffleTaco

Basically the gurls are accepted to have songs in which they toy with the idea of bisexuality is because they know it feeds the fantasies of their straight audience.

That is also why I don't see a mainstream male musician doing a successful song in which he toys with the idea of sucking D because "Eugh, No H*mo"... which baffles me a bit because some male hews pander so much to the gays that they could get away with it anyway.

careyitsds.gif
Yeah, I don't see that going over well at all.

LGBTQ...so Queer is it's own separate thing? Who knows tbh. I don't understand it. And I doubt many people knew that Sam was gay, especially among the general public.

It's a thing lambs say, I didn't mean any harm. I love my Queen BBW* more than a skinny legend tbh

*The media are calling her that, not me.

But they gave it to Nicki when Iggy was slaying her ass back to irrelevance, and what did Nicki do? Attack Iggy, and expose her bitterness towards any female rapper that threatens her.
Oh okay I gotcha...to be fair Iggy was only doing well because of the features...plus she's a racist ass hat so I don't blame BET for forgetting her. Nicki is still Queen of Rap, nobody else can come close.

Brhoom

Banned
What?! Iggy is racist?!

I thought people hated her for her shitty raping skills, and I felt bad because she didn't deserve all this hate. I need to google her.

Mau ®

"Wild Thoughts" is the first song featuring a female to enter the Top 5 since... "Love on The Brain".

Whew I love stanning an INMUNE LEGEND.

cory64

Mau ®;241887957 said:
"Wild Thoughts" is the first song featuring a female to enter the Top 5 since... "Love on The Brain".

Whew I love stanning an INMUNE LEGEND.
I mean... wow. An achievement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom