• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man 1-6 Coming to 3DS

There are already downloadable fan-made demakes of 7 and 8 afaik.

7 the characters were too large on the screen, but the game is freaking gorgeous.

8 I mostly disliked everything but the intro stage music which is fucking incredible on loop.

People seriuosly want 7 and 8 to be in 8-bit style? Don't want to say these games don't have problems, but regression for the sake of nostalgia is not a good thing.The best game out of original six is easily either 4 or 6. I know people like 2 and 3 but both have some questionable design choices (like that one boss).

I sure as hell don't. Love MM7 and 8 just the way they are

People seem to forget MMs 4,5, and 6. Shit was already played out. Sure they did a great thing with 9/10, but they better not dare try and pull that again

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
People seriuosly want 7 and 8 to be in 8-bit style? Don't want to say these games don't have problems, but regression for the sake of nostalgia is not a good thing.

The best game out of original six is easily either 4 or 6. I know people like 2 and 3 but both have some questionable design choices (like that one boss).
4 is sooooo gooood and 3 kinda sucks. Love 2 though and 6 is p decent. Better than 3!

I would totally be on board with this if Capcom manned up and finally put MM7 SNES on VC

Man, they would get some much cred for that in my eyes.
I really wonder why it seems to be one of the titles that get's avoided when it comes to rereleases. I personally love it and yes, MM8

MrMephistoX

4 is sooooo gooood and 3 kinda sucks. Love 2 though and 6 is p decent. Better than 3!

I recognize 2 is the better game but 3 was the first mega man I owned and boy did I play the hell out of it. It's got an entire second quest of sorts and semi cameos of the lineup from 1 and 2: why the hate?

MarkusRJR

I'm thinking of purchasing the 1-6 but how do they control? Every Mario on 3DS's VC is nearly impossible due to having to use B to run and A to jump.

qq more

I'm thinking of purchasing the 1-6 but how do they control? Every Mario on 3DS's VC is nearly impossible due to having to use B to run and A to jump.

1/2 are a bit slippy when you land but the games are perfectly playable. The controls age extremely well to this day.

is there a single VC game with 3D?
Someday. Hopefully.

VirtualBoyJapan.jpg

Aeana

People seriuosly want 7 and 8 to be in 8-bit style? Don't want to say these games don't have problems, but regression for the sake of nostalgia is not a good thing.

The best game out of original six is easily either 4 or 6. I know people like 2 and 3 but both have some questionable design choices (like that one boss).

You should actually try the NES versions of 7 and 8 before you say that.

Bert409

I don't think "demakes" of 7 and 8 is a totally unreasonable idea. NES Mega Mans just feel right, second to perhaps only classic Mario. 7 and 8 as they are come across as low rent, slow-paced Mega Man Xs.

Eusis

No demake's of 7 of 8

They're beautiful games and I'm frankly sick of 8-bit art.
They may look nice, but they don't quite play AS nice. It's something that seems to be overlooked with graphics sometimes, though I guess 16-bit RPGs versus 32-bit RPGs (well, mainly FFIV-VI versus FFVI-IX) should highlight this.

linkboy

The problem with 7 and 8 (besides the sprite size in 7) is that the physics of the games are totally fucked up compared to the NES games. They look like Mega Man games, but they don't feel like them.

Honestly, Capcom got everything right with Wily Wars on the Megadrive, the games actually feel like the NES games, just with updated sprites.

the-sega-channel-20080611034806464.jpg

Most people prefer regression for the sake of 'it just feels better and is more fun to play'.

7 was... all right, but 8's gameplay feels like you're going in slow motion. It's sluggish as hell. The 8-bit remake feels much better.

Mupod

Geez I wouldn't have known about MM3 being up if not for this thread. I still have the cart, among other ways of playing it, but fuck it what's one more?

Fuck it. I have an obligation to dust off my 3DS, charge that sucker up, update my firmware, dig out my credit card and give them my $15 for all 3.

Can't wait for the next 3 :)

I always thought MM2 was impossible, and I started playing it the other day and its definitely challenging. But I beat Wood Man in probably 10-15 minutes total with maybe 2 deaths. The boss was the easy part - I beat him first try and still have at least half of my health remaining.

Is it easier than I remember, or just inconsistent? Are there some stages that are really easy and others that are extremely frustrating? I would love to beat a Mega Man game, and I'm sure if I put in the effort I could do it. I just don't know that I have the patience.

linkboy

I always thought MM2 was impossible, and I started playing it the other day and its definitely challenging. But I beat Wood Man in probably 10-15 minutes total with maybe 2 deaths. The boss was the easy part - I beat him first try and still have at least half of my health remaining.

Is it easier than I remember, or just inconsistent? Are there some stages that are really easy and others that are extremely frustrating? I would love to beat a Mega Man game, and I'm sure if I put in the effort I could do it. I just don't know that I have the patience.

Mega Man II is broken as all hell. Once you figure that game out, it's painfully easily. The Metal Blades pretty much make you invincible in that game.

That's where 3 excels over 2, the game is a lot more balanced.

It's probably the later stages you're thinking of (Wily's Castle). Most people can at least beat all the robot masters in Mega Man games.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
The problem with 7 and 8 (besides the sprite size in 7) is that the physics of the games are totally fucked up compared to the NES games. They look like Mega Man games, but they don't feel like them.

Honestly, Capcom got everything right with Wily Wars on the Megadrive, the games actually feel like the NES games, just with updated sprites.

http://retromedia.ign.com/retro/image/article/880/880968/the-sega-channel-20080611034806464.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I never saw the different physics as a problem. They felt differently... So what? They were both doing their own thing.

Yea, I never said it was perfect, just that physics wise, it felt like the 8-bit games.

Yes, I'm watching videos of it now, and it looks bang-on. It makes a good argument for those games not needing to be 8-bit, but honestly I think the music needs to be 8-bit for classic Mega Man.

Either that or rock guitars.

Man, I cannot stress enough how great the 'demake' of Mega Man 8 is.

True, the design of the levels is still....well, the same as it is in the original. But it just feels so much more fun to play. It completely changes the game for me.

Try it out sometime, you might be pleasantly surprised.

linkboy

I never saw the different physics as a problem. They felt differently... So what? They were both doing their own thing.

Never said there was anything wrong with that.

However, the biggest complaint 7 (outside of the sprites) and 8 have are that the games feel different.

People are accustomed to orginal Mega Man games playing like the 8-bit games. That's why fans remade 7 and 8 into the NES style and why Capcom went back to the NES style for 9 and 10.

I find the Doc Robots a hassle in MM3. You have to keep trying every different weapon until you figure out what damages them...

I think I will wait for 4-6.

edit-Jeez that sounds real negative, maybe I should give it another chance.

Top Bottom