• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 Lore Update: Squid Sister Stories (Look What You Did Marie Fans!)

Marie fans are the equivalent of Trump supporters.
images0rp8t.jpg

wiibomb

Well, I don't think this bloodbath was necessary, but callie was a hanzo main, so there you have it, some things just can't be turned a blind eye.

Since people bought up politics did Marie win the popular vote in the splatfest or did she win only due to win %? If she didn't win the popular vote were there be calls for an investigation into the pro Marie propaganda originating from the Octolings?
Oh god the analogy really doesn't work with how winning is more heavily weighted

Going into Callies fate. In the story mode you were agent 3 but were you the first agent 3? Was a third squid sister that died...M is for Marie, M is for Murder.

Geg

Since people bought up politics did Marie win the popular vote in the splatfest or did she win only due to win %? If she didn't win the popular vote were there be calls for an investigation into the pro Marie propaganda originating from the Octolings?
Oh god the analogy really doesn't work with how winning is more heavily weighted

Going into Callies fate. In the story mode you were agent 3 but were you the first agent 3? Was a third squid sister that died...M is for Marie, M is for Murder.
Marie won popularity and win percentage, though the win/loss ratio was nearly equal just like with the very first cat vs. dog splatfest.

Marie: 54% popularity, 51% wins
Callie: 46% popularity, 49% wins

ffdgh

Marie won the popular vote and win points wise.

Clov

Callie will have her revenge! Just you wait...

I do like the idea of Octoling idols,
though. They could make for a neat rival group.

wartama

Neo Member
What if winning got into Marie's head and decides she want more than the popularity she already has, and she kidnapped Agent 3 who was set to stop her and now as Agent 4 you have to defeat her to restore peace to Inkopolis?

Callie is too pure to turn to the dark side.

ffdgh

What if winning got into Marie's head and decides she want more than the popularity she already has, and she kidnapped Agent 3 who was set to stop her and now as Agent 4 you have to defeat her to restore peace to Inkopolis?

Callie is too pure to turn to the dark side.

Callie was Team Naughty though.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Having a quick glance at the history of Splatfest, an interesting note is that overall Callie was the more popular sister cousin. (Note, I may have mistallied a bit)
Code:
            Callie | Marie
Japan          7   |   7
Americas       8   |   5
Euroceania     9   |   4
Worldwide      1   |   2
Total         25   |  18

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Having a quick glance at the history of Splatfest, an interesting note is that overall Callie was the more popular sister cousin. (Note, I may have mistallied a bit)
Code:
            Callie | Marie
Japan          7   |   7
Americas       8   |   6
Euroceania     9   |   4
Worldwide      1   |   1
Total         25   |  18

that's not really saying of the character's popularity, more like what they are representing

I mean if Callie was bacon and Marie was ham, I'd pick Callie even though I like the latter

NathanS

Marie won popularity and win percentage, though the win/loss ratio was nearly equal just like with the very first cat vs. dog splatfest.

Marie: 54% popularity, 51% wins
Callie: 46% popularity, 49% wins

Also it was noteworthy since almost every time the side with the highest popularity lost because of a poor win score.

I appreciate that the maker's of Splatoon are continuing the "the lore is far deeper and more uncomfortable than you would have ever wanted" practice established with the first game

Callie will have her revenge! Just you wait...

I do like the idea of Octoling idols,
though. They could make for a neat rival group.

One of the bands of the game do has an Octoling iirc.

I don't have pictures right now but there are illustrations of them in both the official artbook and the OST.

Anyways, as a member of Team Marie all I have to say is that we won the Splatfests that counted.

Neiteio

Don't ya just love it when games have moments that blur the line between our reality and theirs? I'll never forget my first of such experiences - being told to check the back of the Metal Gear Solid CD case for Merrill's codec. I spent several hours - over the course of nearly two days - throughly searching for a virtual cd case hidden somewhere in the early parts of the game. It just didn't occurred to me that it was a reference to the actual MGS CD case I owned. That "cross-reality" instance really caught me off guard back then, and yet, I was far too captivated to be upset.

So yeah, it's totally awesome how our last SplatFest event seems to directly affect the story in the this sequel.
I played through the original MGS1 last year on PS3, via the Legacy Collection — you can read my LttP here — and that bit with the code really confused me, lol. In the PS3 version, you're supposed to look at the digital manual for the code. :)

Nia

I opened SFM for the first time in ages to make this.

If this conflict does indeed play a major part of the story, I'm looking forward to it. Marie is still best girl by the way.

Top Bottom