• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter XX Switch Edition (JP) |OT| The World is not enough

One day

Did gen have different online hubs or was it only 4U that had the tier system. Remember getting to a high mountain hun in one of them

KdylanR92

I've been farming high rank Rathalos because i need plates. Instead of plates i've gotten rubies, to the point where I have 10 of them now.

Starting to wonder if i should farm the low rank one instead.

edit: farmed low rank for a bit, got it off the 2% chance shiny drop....

Ranking up all my deviant quests (minus Hellblade). Starting with the worst one, Redhelm Arzuros.

05-8025-4594-8760
Pass: 1235

Join me my fellow hunters!

What's the recommended armor for those?

Dreadking Rathalos was pretty much the best one back in Gen cause it had Attack up L, Weakness Exploit, HG Earplugs, and Wind Res (High). Fighting Dreadking on the other hand...that was not fun.

All of them are somewhat worth it except Thunderlord Zinogre and Crystalbeard Uragaan. Don't even bother with those two.

KdylanR92

Dreadking Rathalos was pretty much the best one back in Gen cause it had Attack up L, Weakness Exploit, HG Earplugs, and Wind Res (High). Fighting Dreadking on the other hand...that was not fun.

All of them are somewhat worth it except Thunderlord Zinogre and Crystalbeard Uragaan. Don't even bother with those two.

Can confirm, did Thunderlord Zinorge up to 10 in generations, was not worth and didn't even use the armor ever.

It looked cool though.

PKrockin

There are some dumb looking weapons in Monster Hunter but the Tigrex Tank takes the cake for me.
That's not even the silliest bowgun.

tumblr_nqg07nQPzH1ruxn67o4_500.jpg

Yagami_Sama

My copy finally arrived. I really hate the post office services here in my country.

I played 2 quests and I never thought that the controls would be an issue, probably because I was too used with the 3DS controls.

Aim with the bow, while holding R, is a pain to do with the joystick on the same side of the R button.

Is there a way to configure hunter arts to another button ?

PKrockin

My copy finally arrived. I really hate the post office services here in my country.

I played 2 quests and I never thought that the controls would be an issue, probably because I was too used with the 3DS controls.

Aim with the bow, while holding R, is a pain to do with the joystick on the same side of the R button.

Is there a way to configure hunter arts to another button ?
You can change them to R+X+A/LZ/RZ or ZL+X/ZL+A/ZL+B (my favorite), which frees up the d-pad as an additional camera control/aiming and menu navigation option. I think it's one of the last options in the options menu.

I hope you're not using the old bow controls. The new controls are so much better. I don't know how anyone even fights with the old bow controls in the Volcanic Hollow. Must suck.

Yagami_Sama

You can change them to R+X+A/LZ/RZ or ZL+X/ZL+A/ZL+B (my favorite), which frees up the d-pad as an additional camera control/aiming and menu navigation option. I think it's one of the last options in the options menu.

I hope you're not using the old bow controls. The new controls are so much better. I don't know how anyone even fights with the old bow controls in the Volcanic Hollow. Must suck.

Thanks for the help.

I found the option yesterday. Type 3 the controls will be like playing on 3DS. It was better to play that way. Use the R-Stick to aim was very weird for me.

Maybe today Night I will set a room in order to complete the remaining HR6 quests.

dadjumper

Which controls are which for the bow? I've just been using the default

PKrockin

Which controls are which for the bow? I've just been using the default
I forget, but it's the third option from the bottom on the second page of the options menu. I find the old controls where you charge with X and aim with R bad because you have to stop moving and take extra time if you want to fire at any vertical angle other than straight forward. The new controls, where you press X to activate aim mode and use R to charge, are much better. You can move the camera easily while charging and you fire at whichever vertical angle the camera is pointing without having to stop in your tracks and take extra time to move a reticle up or down. You can just center the camera on the spot you want to hit while you charge up.

The old controls were acceptable in the old games before the introduction of all the uneven terrain, but it's really inconvenient to use it in some maps now.

Meesh

Ummm... so I was fiddling with the transfer between my 3ds and Switch and didn't quite get it right for some reason. Now it's not allowing me to input the code... did I over do it? Do I have to wait to attempt a transfer again?

Lizardus

Ummm... so I was fiddling with the transfer between my 3ds and Switch and didn't quite get it right for some reason. Now it's not allowing me to input the code... did I over do it? Do I have to wait to attempt a transfer again?

24 hours I believe.

How did you mess it up?

Dingens

I reached high rank in single player yesterday, yet I've still only 1 market cart and no options besides "herbs/plants". I've fulfilled all requests at the "item-multiplying" cat, but they seem to do nothing?
what am I missing here?

Hybris

I reached high rank in single player yesterday, yet I've still only 1 market cart and no options besides "herbs/plants". I've fulfilled all requests at the "item-multiplying" cat, but they seem to do nothing?
what am I missing here?

To unlock more farm stuff you either need to do prowler quests in single player or raise your HR in multiplayer. I dont know the specific quests but I'm sure the info is out there, just search for generations for some english answers. For HR, you start unlocking at HR4 and I think you get your last unlock at HR6 or HR7

Hybris

Woah, a patch. Translation from reddit:

• Control type (Type 4) added: Camera can now be moved sideways by using ZL and ZR button. Recommended for Gunners.
  • Option to swap L and ZL, R and ZR added: Use of dash with ZR button is possible, and swapping L and ZL, R and ZR is now available.
  • Option to swap Directional button and R stick is now added: Activation of hunter arts or camera controls can now be swapped. (Swapped controls will vary depending on control type)
  • Others: Display based bugs will be fixed.

Dingens

[....]
Option to swap L and ZL, R and ZR added: Use of dash with ZR button is possible, and swapping L and ZL, R and ZR is now available.[...]

YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS
I'm glad they kept supporting the game, so I guess this means that they still care about their small audience on switch... maybe?

btw, I wouldn't mind a little low-rank online play tonight.
Do you guys use any other way of communication besides discord?
Back with MH4 vanilla we usually used chatzy for example

Top Bottom