• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are some of the best "first posts" in NeoGAF history?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Epic first posts are great but I wish mods didn't allow for the threads to become about them. So annoying to see interesting OPs being ignored in favor of endless praise for that first reply. When I see a good thread title, I now enter the thread hoping the first reply is not great, so I can actually read replies about the topic.

eh, it's not like everybody ignores the OP. The people praising the first post probably wouldnt have commented otherwise.

PsionBolt

I vaguely recall a thread in OT about a "time traveller" (a woman in an old black and white photo using what appeared to be a cell phone), where the first reply was Doctor Who complaining about his companions being careless. That one was pretty good.

Nugg

For those asking what the airplane first post is:

This is the thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=369009

The image in the first post doesn't work anymore. It used to be this:

iHRTVD43lSIQt.jpg

This is where the meme was born

number47

It was from a thread about the lion king.
OP asked why were the zebras there for simbas birth.
First post was.
"same reason poor white people are republican." or something to that effect.

ohlawd

It was a Ubisoft related thread and iirc the title had First in it.

So the 1st post said

"FIRST!

ahh shit second."

Something like that. That's still my favorite.

There was this thread made by I think Harry Potter and Voldemort was the first reply (or might have been vice versa).

That one was pretty good.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I've never had a first post in a thread before. I've had one or two absolutely KILLER 2nd posts though. Like, crazy good 2nd posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom