• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones Season 7 Trailer

It is looking a little predictable.

Someone needs to die 2-3 episodes in to make it more fun. And not one of the bad guys or side characters.

Dany dying would be fucking glorious. It would instantly move the show from predictable to WTF will happen territory.

Sephzilla

Someone needs to die 2-3 episodes in to make it more fun. And not one of the bad guys or side characters.

Dany dying would be fucking glorious. It would instantly move the show from predictable to WTF will happen territory.

Predictability isn't always bad and shock value deaths purely for the sake of shock value are usually not.

Vashetti

Banned

"le epic shock death anyone can die! xD" - awful.

You don't build up a character for six seasons and then kill them off 'randomly'. That is not good storytelling.

Dany has been telegraphed to be endgame material since Season 1, it's just something folk have to deal with.

Predictability isn't always bad and shock value deaths purely for the sake of shock value are usually not.

But it wouldnt be a shock value death. It would absolutely take the story line into completely uncharted territory.

Predictability is terrible for a show that has built its reputation in doing the unpredictable.

I have a feeling, that Danaerys will somehow get crushed. Or at least that's what Id love to see. It goes against the expectation that she will have an easy victory over Cersei. I want Cersei to somehow kill her dragons and start blowing shit up. Maybe Euron Greyjoy can summon a kraken or something. Anything to deliver them a defeat. Then from the ashes of that battle, the White Walkers roll through, and the real battle will begin, and only savior will be the chosen one, Jon Snow.

Skilletor

I have a feeling, that Danaerys will somehow get crushed. Or at least that's what Id love to see. It goes against the expectation that she will have an easy victory over Cersei. I want Cersei to somehow kill her dragons and start blowing shit up. Maybe Euron Greyjoy can summon a kraken or something. Anything to deliver them a defeat. Then from the ashes of that battle, the White Walkers roll through, and the real battle will begin, and only savior will be the chosen one, Jon Snow.

The past few seasons have been Cersei overreaching and setting herself up to fall.

The past few seasons have been Cersei overreaching and setting herself up to fall.

I think she will eventually go down of course. She will probably die this season. But not before killing one of the dragons, and blowing the fuck out of Kings Landing and half of Danaerys troops. Basically I want her to go completely psychotic and decimate Danaerys forces (but not kill her, we need her for the end game)

Magus1234

Maybe Danny goes Mad Queen. That or the white walkers are the only ways I can see Cersei having a chance.

Maybe Danny goes Mad Queen. That or the white walkers are the only ways I can see Cersei having a chance.

I think my point is, Cersei is going to destroy shit enough that, although Dany will "win" there won't BE a Kings Landing at the end of the season. There won't be anything left. And when the White Walkers come, none of it will matter. Dany and Jon will have to join forces for the Battle of the Dawn, as it was always meant to be.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
I think my point is, Cersei is going to destroy shit enough that, although Dany will "win" there won't BE a Kings Landing at the end of the season. There won't be anything left. And when the White Walkers come, none of it will matter. Dany and Jon will have to join forces for the Battle of the Dawn, as it was always meant to be.

my biggest fear is that they go with something that bland. also what i expect, particularly after season six.

I honestly think both Cersei and Dany have been overreaching. I think this season might be both of them falling on their faces opening the door for Snow and the North

Exactly. Dany ain't ready for the insanity Cersei is gonna throw at her. Dany ain't gonna have Kings Landing, bank on it!

But Cersei will get what's coming to her as well.

my biggest fear is that they go with something that bland. also what i expect, particularly after season six.

I don't really think it's bland. Dany saw the vision in season 2, the throne room destroyed covered in snow. It's been building to this. Winter has come. None of these petty wars matter. The White Walkers are coming. That's the real war.

Moff

Lena Headey is fantastic
and Robert Strong has a matching queensguard armor, now there is no way around shipping them

number11

I've been rewatching season 1. it's crazy how much the budget has improved. I used to get so annoyed about how the Dothraki was meant to be the largest army.. yet they only ever showed us a couple dozen men. Even the wigs looked terrible in season 1 lol

We are in the end game now, all pieces are in place and we know where every character stands. My guess is this season will all be about the battle for the iron throne and the last season will be all about the white walkers.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
I don't really think it's bland. Dany saw the vision in season 2, the throne room destroyed covered in snow. It's been building to this. Winter has come. None of these petty wars matter. The White Walkers are coming. That's the real war.

jon and dany tag teaming the baddie is what's bland.

I've been rewatching season 1. it's crazy how much the budget has improved. I used to get so annoyed about how the Dothraki was meant to be the largest army.. yet they only ever showed us a couple dozen men. Even the wigs looked terrible in season 1 lol

Yeah it really shows when going back and watching it but the story more than makes up for the visual shortcomings.

Sephzilla

Exactly. Dany ain't ready for the insanity Cersei is gonna throw at her. Dany ain't gonna have Kings Landing, bank on it!

But Cersei will get what's coming to her as well.

Yeah, Dany honestly hasn't faced any real massive opposition at all yet. Any opposition she does face usually gets quelled within a couple of episodes because Dragons and because Dany gets tons of plot armor. Dany coming to Westeros and immediately getting punched in the face because she underestimates Cersei and how fucking insane she is about keeping Kings Landing would be satisfying as fuck

fantomena

I don't think anyone will get the Iron Throne in the end, but if someones does get it, it will be the person who the least wants more power, Jon. Like, he never wanted to be lord commander of the Night's Watch, neither did he want to become King in the North, but other people wanted him. He's a guy who never want's more power, but is believed in by plenty and pushed into those position by those who follows him.

Reminds me off Barristans quote: "When your brother Rhaegar led his army into battle at the Trident, men died for him because they believed in him, because they loved him."

Littlefinger got this. It's so his Iron Throne.

That's kinda the great twist I'm hoping for. Littlefinger snoops in from the ashes of the battle and wins the throne. Sadly to find there's not much of a throne left to rule, and he was blind to the real threat, The White Walkers coming to wreck everything.

Sephzilla

People need to accept that it's most likely going to be a temporarily united seven kingdoms versus the White Walkers. I mean, that's what it's basically been building up to for a while now.

nubbe

Family wedding hype!

UwxyMBV.jpg

Top Bottom