• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop has a 70% trade in deal right now..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake2by4

The games I wanted to trade in are about $18 higher than Amazon... but I get 20% off new releases there so... it evens out it seems like.

I guess it also depends on the games too. Sometimes its higher on amazon and sometimes it higher on gamestop. I'm gonna trade in MK8D since i can't on amazon.

dafodeu

I did this and got some good trade credit for games. I think this deal is being done so Gamestop has plenty of used games for the Summer of Fun promotion where you can rent the used games all summer for 60 bucks.

I said I wanted to preorder Sonic Mania and I put down 40 dollars on it, looked at the receipt and the employee added the 3 dollar warranty as part of my 40 dollars down for any potential Disk Damage. I looked at him dumbfounded because he did not ask me if I wanted a warranty, I told him that and he said "Oh I must have hit the space bar by mistake." How can Gamestop even charge for a Warranty on a special edition that does not come with an actual disk? it is just a game code.

Perineum

I need to go in tomorrow and ditch this copy of Injustice 2 and Bomberman for the switch.

I won't get 70% since I don't even currently own that many physical games I want to part with. Destiny 1 for example has N/A for how much it is worth so I take it they don't want it lol.

NeOak

I did this and got some good trade credit for games. I think this deal is being done so Gamestop has plenty of used games for the Summer of Fun promotion where you can rent the used games all summer for 60 bucks.

I said I wanted to preorder Sonic Mania and I put down 40 dollars on it, looked at the receipt and the employee added the 3 dollar warranty as part of my 40 dollars down for any potential Disk Damage. I looked at him dumbfounded because he did not ask me if I wanted a warranty, I told him that and he said "Oh I must have hit the space bar by mistake." How can Gamestop even charge for a Warranty on a special edition that does not come with an actual disk? it is just a game code.

Welcome to the Circle of Life.

breakfuss

Lmao. Sounds about right. They're scandalous.

Servbot24

Banned
Was gonna jump on this... but all the PS4 games I have I want to keep. And the PS3 games are probably just a couple bucks each...

inner-G

Banned
I need to go in tomorrow and ditch this copy of Injustice 2 and Bomberman for the switch.

I won't get 70% since I don't even currently own that many physical games I want to part with. Destiny 1 for example has N/A for how much it is worth so I take it they don't want it lol.
It could be worth buying a couple $1 games and flipping them back to up your bonus %

graywolf323

Gold Member
can you still buy PSN cards (or iTunes cards?) with store credit? I remember hearing that GameStop had changed their policy about buying gift cards with store credit but not sure if that was across the board or specific types of gift cards

can you still buy PSN cards (or iTunes cards?) with store credit? I remember hearing that GameStop had changed their policy about buying gift cards with store credit but not sure if that was across the board or specific types of gift cards
anything but Visa, Amazon, and eBay AFAIK

low-G

I actually traded in some (>6) dupe games I had for Steam bux just before the Steam sale, raked in more than I'd have expected from a GameStop, anyways. Crazy to see those bonus percentages.

I'm tempted to trade in my Wii-U and all of its games, but I feel like I'd immediately regret losing my access to Mario Maker.

Gaspard

Yep you can, they only took away Amazon and ebay gift cards iirc.

Persona7

Banned

Not sure about itunes but all PSN, eshop and Xbox cards are eligible.

I am assuming no, but i bought a game from redbox and it has that big ass serial number sticker in the middle of it. Would they take that?

Man as an employee of the company this is so so aggravating. I'm sorry, but "pressing the space bar" will not add no mother trucking warranty to the game, even when the prompt for adding the warranty comes up. That dude full well knew what he was doing, and it's not even necessary. Seriously, if he you know just asked folks normally if they'd like a warranty, he get more then enough for the day. Hell, pick and choose what customers you asked if you want, generally parents with kids for instance and he'd be fine, but no instead he rather ask no one, sneak that shit on your order then cry about how he can't hit numbers "cause theyre so high" then on top of that, do a disservice to you the customer. Like way to go Mr gamestop.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Man I don't even own 6 physical games in my house lol! I went all digital on WiiU and 3DS. Bummer. I have two trash DS and Wii games, that's something. I guess I should just buy some $1 Madden PS4 games and try to flip?

Lemstar

they are ridiculously difficult to get off. Ive tried before, they are on there so good that it rips off the disc art.
If you have a blow dryer, you can use it to heat up the label a bit to the point where it's soft enough to push off with a credit card. Just be careful with it.

shaowebb

I'm done with gamestop. I'll only go there if I have to for pre-order exclusives or something. I'm mainly just sick of them constantly bothering me and arguing with what I like to try and get another pre-order for whatever the fuck is coming out. If I don't care...i don't fucking care. Don't argue with what I like as if I don't know games when I know more than the fucking uninformed clerks who won't stop crowding me and bothering me every other second.
I don't care what they offer. I'd rather sell on Amazon before gamestop just to eliminate them from my day.

If you have a blow dryer, you can use it to heat up the label a bit to the point where it's soft enough to push off with a credit card. Just be careful with it.

ive tried that before and it didnt really help. Its like not one whole sticker anymore, its little pieces that chip off, like fucking cement

Persona7

Banned
My GameStop store kiosk wouldn't let the employee do this unless the employee was full of shit and didn't want to do it.

They don't allow gamestop credit to be used for Amazon Cash or cards anymore. The only way to do this is to trade in games and opt for the cash value which means 20% less and promotions do not apply.

i told myself i wouldnt trade in games anymore. but im tempted to trade in a few PS4 games(ME:Andromeda, Nier, FFXV, etc...) to rebuy them down the road on Scorpio come Black Friday...

ryseing

Can you still preorder the PS4 version of the GameStop exclusive Destiny LE? I want the steelbook and could pay it off with things I need to get rid of anyway.

ChrisD

Even with 70% it's not worth it. I'd rather keep my games than trade them in at gamestop.

This is called being a consumer who doesn't take advantage of things.

Took advantage of this yesterday. Got $157 after paying $15 to renew my Pro Membership. $37.40 for 1-2-Switch was my highlight, considering I bought it from GS with a $10 coupon (therefore dropping it to $40). Checking my collection now just to see if there's other games I should trade in while the getting's good. Glad it runs for so long.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
think I'll trade in some PS4 multiplats sitting in the backlog so i can play them on Scorpio later this year.

Even with 70% it's not worth it. I'd rather keep my games than trade them in at gamestop.

I have limited time between work and family. Why leave it to sit on the shelf for the rest of my life if I've beaten the game already? I traded in some games for this deal and pulled in $110. Put that money toward stuff I want to play this year. I just put 30 hours into Fire Emblem. I don't have another 30 hours to play a game that I mostly enjoyed that I already completed. I'll take the store credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom